Folks are tired of a reformation and hunger for a transformation, which Acts 2:38 will provide

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't believe a word of the Romans 6 significance.

You know it speaks of water baptism.

Water baptism gives someone a place to go to, to know when they were buried with Christ.

Anti baptism teachers are not buried with Christ, nor are they baptized into Christ.

They are the walking dead, without a grave.

If they even get near water they are terrified because they think they are alive in Christ.

If they attempt to obey Acts 2:38 they are buried alive.

Dan, obey Acts 2:38, because you have never died with Christ nor are you buried with Christ, which means every sin you have ever committed still hangs over your head.

This is the Bible fact. You cant fix this with "faith" over matter.
You remain thoroughly indoctrinated into Campbellism and unteachable. :(

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to consider myself an Acts 2:38ite.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Thomas and Alexander Campbell set out to restore the gospel, the church, and New Testament worship. The end result was Campbellism/the church of Christ.
Sounds like another failed reformer that could not comprehend Acts 2:38.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can a person go to college for eight years to study the Bible and not be able to comprehend acts 238?

The Curriculum must be nuts.

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can a person go to college for eight years to study the Bible and not be able to comprehend acts 238?

The Curriculum must be nuts.
Some of the so-called greatest theological minds in our history have stern differences of opinion regarding doctrine.

Reactions: mailmandan

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think if a person decides to get baptized per Acts 2:38, they believe enough to do it. We are not the faith police. We only ask them if they believe with all their heart as per Acts 8 with Phillip and the eunuch.

That confession is the qualifier to baptize them for the remission of sins.

And yes, Acts 2:38 will all we will reflect on as we exit this world.

I will, by faith, KNOW that my sins were remitted on Oct 7, 1979 at Apostolic Tabernacle when pastor Joe Arroyo baptized me by immersion in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my sins, and I left that night completely delivered from all of my vices to prove it's transforming power.

That will be my defense before almighty God.

I agree. And, if belief only (with nothing else) were all that is required, then the folks in Acts chapter 2 verse 37 should have been saved without the instruction from Peter and all the apostles given in the very next verse...

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart(they now believe), and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?(we see "believing only" is not enough)....

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of the so-called greatest theological minds in our history have stern differences of opinion regarding doctrine.
But there is only one Bible.

This means they all interpret it wrong.

This means they think too much.

This means much commentary makes them mad.

Sola Scriptura!

Reactions: user

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should I be taught to disobey Peter per Acts 2:38?

I trow not.

Amen!

Acts 4:19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. And, if belief only (with nothing else) were all that is required, then the folks in Acts chapter 2 verse 37 should have been saved without the instruction from Peter and all the apostles given in the very next verse...

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart(they now believe), and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?(we see "believing only" is not enough)....

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
The Acts skippers wish Acts was never written...especially Acts 2:38.

It has become their nemesis and thorn in their side.

They thought they could "relax" the command of Peter at Pentecost, but stuck their finger in a hornet's nest instead.

The followers of Acts and Peter won't take this laying down, but will hold of Acts 2:38 as our sign to get into the Acts church.

We are the real "Originals".

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Acts skippers wish Acts was never written...especially Acts 2:38.

It has become their nemesis and thorn in their side.

They thought they could "relax" the command of Peter at Pentecost, but stuck their finger in a hornet's nest instead.

The followers of Acts and Peter won't take this laying down, but will hold of Acts 2:38 as our sign to get into the Acts church.

We are the real "Originals".

Jesus said...

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

God is coming for his bride and she must make herself ready, He will not settle for a "believing only" doctrine, which isn't enough.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Last edited:

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to consider myself an Acts 2:38ite.
IMHO you have decided to skip the New Testament. Your fixation on Acts 2:38 does not make all the other scriptures disappear. You can pretend it does but repeating Acts 2:38 is similar to some who hang their salvation strictly on John 3:16. Sooner or later you need to move from milk to solid food. I pray that you gain knowledge of the full word of God.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is coming for his bride and she must make herself ready, He will not settle for a "believing only" doctrine, which isn't enough.
Precious friend:

(1) God Is Coming For HIS "Body, The ONE NEW man!":

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

(2) UNbelievers are NOT in The Body Of CHRIST, therefore BELIEF "Is ENOUGH!"

(3) We ALL "members" should MAKE he himself "ready," Unfortunately there
Will Be the "UNfaithful," losing reward At The JUDGMENT Seat!!!:

Salvation is 100 Percent Free, But Eternal Rewards
{incorruptible crown/reigning With HIM!} are 100 percent Earned!

Please Be Richly Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, and Edified!
God's Simple Will!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said...

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
Excellent post

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend:

(1) God Is Coming For HIS "Body, The ONE NEW man!":

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

(2) UNbelievers are NOT in The Body Of CHRIST, therefore BELIEF "Is ENOUGH!"

(3) We ALL "members" should MAKE he himself "ready," Unfortunately there
Will Be the "UNfaithful," losing reward At The JUDGMENT Seat!!!:

Salvation is 100 Percent Free, But Eternal Rewards
{incorruptible crown/reigning With HIM!} are 100 percent Earned!

Please Be Richly Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, and Edified!
God's Simple Will!
Yes, salvation, (Acts 2:38) is completely free. No strings attached.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMHO you have decided to skip the New Testament. Your fixation on Acts 2:38 does not make all the other scriptures disappear. You can pretend it does but repeating Acts 2:38 is similar to some who hang their salvation strictly on John 3:16. Sooner or later you need to move from milk to solid food. I pray that you gain knowledge of the full word of God.
Question, what was the very first command from Peter to the sinners that killed Jesus...in the Bible?