Folks are tired of a reformation and hunger for a transformation, which Acts 2:38 will provide

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't personally measure everyone's faith and it's not about do I have enough faith but do I have the right kind of faith that trusts in Jesus Christ alone for salvation. (Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9) My faith trusts in Jesus Christ alone for salvation. You have demonstrated that your faith trusts in works for salvation (with a heavy emphasis on water baptism).
What is "the right kind" of faith?

Is there a litmus test?

Do you believe more intensely than the next guy?

Does it take concentration?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are people who receive water baptism who may sincerely believe they have sufficient faith, but may be sincerely wrong. Mere "mental assent" belief in Jesus and in historical facts about Jesus doesn't equate to saving faith in Christ. You can believe "mental assent" that the death, burial and resurrection of Christ "happened" (even the demons believe that) but if you are not TRUSTING in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of your salvation, then you don't have saving faith in Christ. Starting off on the wrong foot and finishing on the wrong foot profits nothing.
I have learned not to judge folks as per their salvational condition day by day.

After they obey Acts 2:38, they are in the Acts church and God will take over their lives.

lotsa spankings along the way by their God, but God will finish what he started.

There is not such thing as "saving faith", but faith to be baptized to be saved.

Fix it, Dan.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No and this straw man gets mentioned a lot by works-salvationists. In James 2:19, we see that the demons believe "mental assent" that "there is one God," but they do not believe in/have faith in/trust in/reliance in Jesus Christ for salvation. In other words, they do not believe in/on the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 16:31) and are not saved. Their trust and reliance is in Satan, as demonstrated by their rebellion in heaven and continuous evil works.
They tremble at the name of Jesus, since it is so real to them.

Do you?

I think they have more faith than you do.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I blew nothing and this has been explained to you numerous times. I have not disobeyed Jesus or Peter. (John 3:15,16,18; 6:40,47; 11:25,26; Acts 10:43-47) You are a broken record of "baptized or condemned" and you continue to fail to properly harmonize scripture with scripture before reaching the proper conclusion on doctrine and there is a reason for that. Been there, done that so I understand why you are spiritually discerned.
Yes you blew it as you blew off the command of Peter in Acts 2:38.

37 Men and brethren, what shall we do........?

Can you quote the next verse for us this morning?

Does it bug you that your answer is not the same as Peter's is?

I know, it's complicated......

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is "the right kind" of faith?

Is there a litmus test?

Do you believe more intensely than the next guy?

Does it take concentration?
I already explained to you what the right kind faith is. Faith that trusts in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. Faith that trusts in “water and works” for salvation is a spurious faith.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already explained to you what the right kind faith is. Faith that trusts in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. Faith that trusts in “water and works” for salvation is a spurious faith.
Oh I get it...this kind of faith....

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

.....faith to be baptized to be saved.

Thanks for the clarification.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you blew it as you blew off the command of Peter in Acts 2:38.

37 Men and brethren, what shall we do........?

Can you quote the next verse for us this morning?

Does it bug you that your answer is not the same as Peter's is?

I know, it's complicated......

There is a story about a traveling salesman who was lost out in the country. He stopped by a farm house and asked the old gentleman, who was sitting in his rocking chair on the front porch, "Will this road take me back into town?" The old man just sort of hesitated for a moment and said, "Son, that road will take you anywhere you want to go." How true this statement is. We can choose the wide road of popularity, acceptance, rituals, traditions and doctrines of man which will lead to destruction because these can never satisfy the hunger and emptiness God has placed down deep in our soul (and neither will they meet God's requirements), or we can choose the straight and narrow path of...

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. [16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. [39] For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Reactions: Truther

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I get it...this kind of faith....

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

.....faith to be baptized to be saved.

Thanks for the clarification.
No, you obviously don’t get it. Your faith is in water baptism for salvation and my faith is in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of my salvation. (Acts 10:43-47; 16:31; 26:18; Romans 1:16; 3:24-28; 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9 etc..).

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a story about a traveling salesman who was lost out in the country. He stopped by a farm house and asked the old gentleman, who was sitting in his rocking chair on the front porch, "Will this road take me back into town?" The old man just sort of hesitated for a moment and said, "Son, that road will take you anywhere you want to go." How true this statement is. We can choose the wide road of popularity, acceptance, rituals, traditions, and doctrines of man which will lead to destruction because these can never satisfy the hunger and emptiness God has placed down deep in our soul (and neither will they meet God's requirements), or we can choose the straight and narrow path of...

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. [16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. [39] For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

I'm not convinced that you guys who can't get beyond Acts 2 have really studied ALL the scriptures. Do you skip Romans 10:9-10, Ephesians 2:8-9
You are being dishonest with yourselves if you do not understand Acts 11:16-18.

Peter after receiving the vision says and speaking of his ministry to Gentiles, I quote: "Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how HE said "John indeed baptized with water but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit" If therefore God gave them the same gift as he gave us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ Who was I that I could withstand God? When they HEARD these things they became silent and they glorified God, saying "Then God has also granted to the Gentiles REPENTANCE TO LIFE"

You simply must ignore this from Peter if you do not understand that the baptism of before is now replaced with the baptism Jesus told them. Your argument is not with us who understand this, your argument is with Christ. Jesus did not say HE ADDED a baptism, he changed the baptism. Peters's perspective changed with the receiving of the vision. When Cornelius believed and was filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke in Tongues (evidence that his belief was real) Peter was "astonished". It is clear that Peter witnessed salvation without water baptism happening first. What to do? He baptized them after they were saved. Cornelius's salvation was sealed before water baptism. The Baptism of the Holy Spirt came upon him without getting wet.

We must understand that each time the scriptures speak of baptism beyond Acts 11 it is not always speaking of water baptism.

The Apostle Paul says in Romans 10:8-9 speaking of faith to the unbeliever "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God was raised him from the dead, you will be saved". Some, a very few actually do not and desire not to fully study the scriptures and some fail to do so past Acts 2 simply because it fits their mission statement that IMHO is nothing more than tradition upon a tradition that has resulted in a dogmatic belief that is not supported by the New Testament. Those in these denominations would rather be true to their traditions than seek the truth of the scriptures with the help of the Holy Spirit. My Pastor said it, my grandpa said it, my mom said it but Jesus tells us differently in the scriptures. True Repentance, Faith/belief brings forth the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and Salvation. This is repeated over and over again in the scriptures. No longer any rituals like water baptism, circumcision, sacrifice offerings, and other things before the CROSS.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a story about a traveling salesman who was lost out in the country. He stopped by a farm house and asked the old gentleman, who was sitting in his rocking chair on the front porch, "Will this road take me back into town?" The old man just sort of hesitated for a moment and said, "Son, that road will take you anywhere you want to go." How true this statement is. We can choose the wide road of popularity, acceptance, rituals, traditions and doctrines of man which will lead to destruction because these can never satisfy the hunger and emptiness God has placed down deep in our soul (and neither will they meet God's requirements), or we can choose the straight and narrow path of...

Awesome post!

Reactions: user

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you obviously don’t get it. Your faith is in water baptism for salvation and my faith is in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of my salvation. (Acts 10:43-47; 16:31; 26:18; Romans 1:16; 3:24-28; 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9 etc..).
No Dan, my faith is in the NAME of Jesus Christ in water baptism for the remission of my sins per Acts 2:38.

You skipped the burial with Christ, thus you also skipped your chance at remission of sins.

This is the ultimate disaster and consequence of the Acts skipper.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Dan, my faith is in the NAME of Jesus Christ in water baptism for the remission of my sins per Acts 2:38.

You skipped the burial with Christ, thus you also skipped your chance at remission of sins.

Your faith is in water baptism and is not exclusively in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of your salvation. Receiving remission of sins is signified yet not procured in the waters of baptism. We are justified by faith in Christ and not by faith in water baptism.

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's obvious that you are not interested in New Testament hermeneutics. You can repeat Acts 2 but you cannot defend the many other scriptures because you can't. You are in fact a New Testament skipper. I wish you the best, my brother I pray that you have faith is in Jesus Christ.

Reactions: mailmandan

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not convinced that you guys who can't get beyond Acts 2 have really studied ALL the scriptures. Do you skip Romans 10:9-10, Ephesians 2:8-9
You are being dishonest with yourselves if you do not understand Acts 11:16-18.

Peter after receiving the vision says and speaking of his ministry to Gentiles, I quote: "Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how HE said "John indeed baptized with water but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit" If therefore God gave them the same gift as he gave us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ Who was I that I could withstand God? When they HEARD these things they became silent and they glorified God, saying "Then God has also granted to the Gentiles REPENTANCE TO LIFE"

You simply must ignore this from Peter if you do not understand that the baptism of before is now replaced with the baptism Jesus told them. Your argument is not with us who understand this, your argument is with Christ. Jesus did not say HE ADDED a baptism, he changed the baptism. Peters's perspective changed with the receiving of the vision. When Cornelius believed and was filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke in Tongues (evidence that his belief was real) Peter was "astonished". It is clear that Peter witnessed salvation without water baptism happening first. What to do? He baptized them after they were saved. Cornelius's salvation was sealed before water baptism. The Baptism of the Holy Spirt came upon him without getting wet.

We must understand that each time the scriptures speak of baptism beyond Acts 11 it is not always speaking of water baptism.

The Apostle Paul says in Romans 10:8-9 speaking of faith to the unbeliever "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God was raised him from the dead, you will be saved". Some, a very few actually do not and desire not to fully study the scriptures and some fail to do so past Acts 2 simply because it fits their mission statement that IMHO is nothing more than tradition upon a tradition that has resulted in a dogmatic belief that is not supported by the New Testament. Those in these denominations would rather be true to their traditions than seek the truth of the scriptures with the help of the Holy Spirit. My Pastor said it, my grandpa said it, my mom said it but Jesus tells us differently in the scriptures. True Repentance, Faith/belief brings forth the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and Salvation. This is repeated over and over again in the scriptures. No longer any rituals like water baptism, circumcision, sacrifice offerings, and other things before the CROSS.

You seem to be saying, the Almighty "goofed" when he taught the apostles his salvation plan, which himself didn't really know from the beginning? and then needed to go through the timeline cleaning up his mistakes?

Take a look at Acts chapter one, Jesus spoke with the apostles AFTER the cross pertaining to the kingdom forty days...

Acts 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: [3] To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your faith is in water baptism and is not exclusively in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of your salvation. Receiving remission of sins is signified yet not procured in the waters of baptism. We are justified by faith in Christ and not by faith in water baptism.
My faith is here...

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

....when I died and was buried with Christ via water baptism.

Since you are not baptized(buried with Christ) yet, you are a spiritual zombie....walking dead without a grave

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's obvious that you are not interested in New Testament hermeneutics. You can repeat Acts 2 but you cannot defend the many other scriptures because you can't. You are in fact a New Testament skipper. I wish you the best, my brother I pray that you have faith is in Jesus Christ.
I have faith.

As a matter of fact, my faith qualified me to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my sins.

Why hasn't your faith qualified you yet?

Do you doubt Jesus(Mark 16), Peter (Acts 2), Phillip (Acts 8), Peter (Acts 10) and Paul (Acts 19)?

They all advocated baptism commands with faith as the condition.

Why do you want to follow modern silly seminarians' new age concepts that ignore these commands?

It is an amazing phenomenon to behold.

Unbaptized, unremitted, last days "Christians" that are not in lock step with the church of Acts.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My faith is here...

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

....when I died and was buried with Christ via water baptism.

Since you are not baptized (buried with Christ) yet, you are a spiritual zombie....walking dead without a grave
Water salvationists typically confuse the picture (water baptism) with the reality (Spirit baptism). In regards to Romans 6:3-4, as Greek scholar AT Robertson explains - Baptism is the public proclamation of one's inward spiritual relation to Christ attained before the baptism. See on "Galatians 3:27" where it is like putting on an outward garment or uniform. Into his death (ei ton qanaton autou). So here "unto his death," "in relation to his death," which relation Paul proceeds to explain by the symbolism of the ordinance. The picture in baptism points two ways, backwards to Christ's death and burial and to our death to sin, forward to Christ's resurrection from the dead and to our new life pledged by the coming out of the watery grave to walk on the other side of the baptismal grave. There is the further picture of our own resurrection from the grave. It is a tragedy that Paul's majestic picture here has been so blurred by controversy that some refuse to see it. It should be said also that a symbol is not the reality, but the picture of the reality.

Romans 6 - Robertson's Word Pictures in the New Testament - Bible Commentaries - StudyLight.org

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water salvationists typically confuse the picture (water baptism) with the reality (Spirit baptism). In regards to Romans 6:3-4, as Greek scholar AT Robertson explains - Baptism is the public proclamation of one's inward spiritual relation to Christ attained before the baptism. See on "Galatians 3:27" where it is like putting on an outward garment or uniform. Into his death (ei ton qanaton autou). So here "unto his death," "in relation to his death," which relation Paul proceeds to explain by the symbolism of the ordinance. The picture in baptism points two ways, backwards to Christ's death and burial and to our death to sin, forward to Christ's resurrection from the dead and to our new life pledged by the coming out of the watery grave to walk on the other side of the baptismal grave. There is the further picture of our own resurrection from the grave. It is a tragedy that Paul's majestic picture here has been so blurred by controversy that some refuse to see it. It should be said also that a symbol is not the reality, but the picture of the reality.

Romans 6 - Robertson's Word Pictures in the New Testament - Bible Commentaries - StudyLight.org
Okay, let's give the guy a look at what he teaches.....

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized BY THE HOLY GHOST into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death BY THE HOLY GHOST?

4 Therefore we are buried BY THE HOLY GHOST with him by baptism into HOLY GHOST death: that like as Christ was raised up from the HOLY GHOST DEATH by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted BY THE HOLY GHOST together in the likeness of his HOLY GHOST death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified BY THE HOLY GHOST with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead BY THE HOLY GHOST is freed from sin.

Your commentator is a crack up.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, let's give the guy a look at what he teaches.....

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized BY THE HOLY GHOST into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death BY THE HOLY GHOST?

4 Therefore we are buried BY THE HOLY GHOST with him by baptism into HOLY GHOST death: that like as Christ was raised up from the HOLY GHOST DEATH by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted BY THE HOLY GHOST together in the likeness of his HOLY GHOST death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified BY THE HOLY GHOST with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead BY THE HOLY GHOST is freed from sin.

Your commentator is a crack up.
Campbellism is a crack up. Take the Holy Spirit completely out of the picture in conversion and what do you have left? Mystical H20 and hocus pocus. Water baptism pictures a person being buried with Christ (submersion under water) and being raised to new life with Christ (emergence from water). This symbolizes the person's union with, and incorporation into Christ by the action of the Holy Spirit which previously took when we believed in/placed faith in Christ unto salvation. (Acts 10:43-47; 11:17; 15:8,9; Ephesians 1:13 etc..) Water baptism is an outward, physical symbol of the inward, spiritual conversion of Christians. The allusion is to the symbollism of baptism which was the outward sign of the separation. Water baptism as a picture of death, burial and resurrection symbolizes our likeness to Christ in his death, burial resurrection. One is the picture or likeness of the other. Water baptism is not the reality but only a picture of the reality.

Paul clearly teaches that what is signified in baptism (buried and raised with Christ) actually occurs "through faith." Christians are "buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead." (Colossians 2:12) Justification on account of union in Christ's death, burial and resurrection is brought about "through faith" and is properly symbolized by immersing the new believer in and out of the water. Since believers receive the benefits of Christ’s death and resurrection (justification) and that through faith, believers must be spiritually united to Him (delivered and raised up with Him). If baptism is taken as the instrumental cause, then Paul contradicts what he had established before, namely that salvation/justification is by faith, not baptism.

Before mentioning baptism in Romans 6, Paul had repeatedly emphasized that faith, not baptism is the instrumental cause of salvation/justification. (Romans 1:16, 3:22-30; 4:4-6, 13; 5:1) That is when the old man was put to death and united in the likeness of His death, which water baptism symbolizes and pictures. Righteousness is "imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised up because of our justification." (Romans 4:24,25)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Campbellism is a crack up. Take the Holy Spirit completely out of the picture in conversion and what do you have left? Mystical H20 and hocus pocus. Water baptism pictures a person being buried with Christ (submersion under water) and being raised to new life with Christ (emergence from water). This symbolizes the person's union with, and incorporation into Christ by the action of the Holy Spirit which previously took when we believed in/placed faith in Christ unto salvation. (Acts 10:43-47; 11:17; 15:8,9; Ephesians 1:13 etc..) Water baptism is an outward, physical symbol of the inward, spiritual conversion of Christians. The allusion is to the symbollism of baptism which was the outward sign of the separation. Water baptism as a picture of death, burial and resurrection symbolizes our likeness to Christ in his death, burial resurrection. One is the picture or likeness of the other. Water baptism is not the reality but only a picture of the reality.

Paul clearly teaches that what is signified in baptism (buried and raised with Christ) actually occurs "through faith." Christians are "buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead." (Colossians 2:12) Justification on account of union in Christ's death, burial and resurrection is brought about "through faith" and is properly symbolized by immersing the new believer in and out of the water. Since believers receive the benefits of Christ’s death and resurrection (justification) and that through faith, believers must be spiritually united to Him (delivered and raised up with Him). If baptism is taken as the instrumental cause, then Paul contradicts what he had established before, namely that salvation/justification is by faith, not baptism.

Before mentioning baptism in Romans 6, Paul had repeatedly emphasized that faith, not baptism is the instrumental cause of salvation/justification. (Romans 1:16, 3:22-30; 4:4-6, 13; 5:1) That is when the old man was put to death and united in the likeness of His death, which water baptism symbolizes and pictures. Righteousness is "imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised up because of our justification." (Romans 4:24,25)
You don't believe a word of the Romans 6 significance.

You know it speaks of water baptism.

Water baptism gives someone a place to go to, to know when they were buried with Christ.

Anti baptism teachers are not buried with Christ, nor are they baptized into Christ.

They are the walking dead, without a grave.

If they even get near water they are terrified because they think they are alive in Christ.

If they attempt to obey Acts 2:38 they are buried alive.

Dan, obey Acts 2:38, because you have never died with Christ nor are you buried with Christ, which means every sin you have ever committed still hangs over your head.

This is the Bible fact. You cant fix this with "faith" over matter.