For my Dad

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Dad was admitted to the hospital today. He couldn't stand on his legs and was having pains in his stomach. He will be 86 in February.
Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
I will be talking to him tonight.
He isn't much for hospitals and ofcourse I can't visit him.

Thank You
Hugs

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Dad was admitted to the hospital today. He couldn't stand on his legs and was having pains in his stomach. He will be 86 in February.

Thank You
Hugs

Praying for your dad, and for all of you who can't be there with him.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank You
Hugs
:( (HUGS) I'm sorry to read this. Praying for your dad. And for you and your family.
All things are possible through Christ. (re-Hugs) God be with you all.
Something lovely for the background while you're back browsing forums.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I talked to my Dad tonight. He is doing fine. They took xrays of his stomach and seems he got a bit backed up....
They will be checking his legs tomorrow to find out why they got so weak so suddenly.

Thank You all for your prayers.
You guys are an awesome family!
I'll keep you updated as I learn myself.

HUGS

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:( (HUGS) I'm sorry to read this. Praying for your dad. And for you and your family.
All things are possible through Christ. (re-Hugs) God be with you all.
Something lovely for the background while you're back browsing forums.

I listen to this same kind of thing sometimes at night, if I can't sleep, it's quite sedating!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I listen to this same kind of thing sometimes at night, if I can't sleep, it's quite sedating!
I know what you mean. I found that it's self defeating to go to sleep to beautifully peaceful calming music only to be awakened by a blaring alarm. Counters all those wonderful relaxing vibes that filled my subconscious all night long. Then I realized they make a peaceful alarm clock. That's the name, even search term, to find it. Now everything is a nice even balance from sleep to wakey wakey.

This is a familiar composition that is always a favorite.The visuals in this particular video are stunning. If that was the view from our vantage point of the night sky I'd have a house with a glass roof. lol

I hope these compositions help our sister to find peace in this troubling time.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I talked to my Dad tonight. He is doing fine. They took xrays of his stomach and seems he got a bit backed up....
They will be checking his legs tomorrow to find out why they got so weak so suddenly.

Thank You all for your prayers.
You guys are an awesome family!
I'll keep you updated as I learn myself.

HUGS
Good to read. Continuing to pray. (HUGS)
One supplement that helps with digestion and can help to avoid back up is Acidophilus. It's a good bacteria that helps the intestines in digestion. Especially necessary to replace with supplements if one has been on a prescription of antibiotics because antibiotics are so thorough they impact the natural Acidophilus that occurs in our digestive system.

Being backed up can cause leg weakness too because the intestines being impacted will press on the nerves at the crook of the pelvis, where the legs join in that little crease between our stomach and legs when sitting.
A great way to help alleviate gas and get things moving, is to massage the intestinal path in slow clockwise circles along the path of the intestine. The intestine moves in a clockwise direction. Never massage counter clockwise because that will lead to the opposite effect.
massaging intestines for constipation at DuckDuckGo

iu
iu

Reactions: Ziggy and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good to read. Continuing to pray. (HUGS)
One supplement that helps with digestion and can help to avoid back up is Acidophilus. It's a good bacteria that helps the intestines in digestion. Especially necessary to replace with supplements if one has been on a prescription of antibiotics because antibiotics are so thorough they impact the natural Acidophilus that occurs in our digestive system.

Being backed up can cause leg weakness too because the intestines being impacted will press on the nerves at the crook of the pelvis, where the legs join in that little crease between our stomach and legs when sitting.
A great way to help alleviate gas and get things moving, is to massage the intestinal path in slow clockwise circles along the path of the intestine. The intestine moves in a clockwise direction. Never massage counter clockwise because that will lead to the opposite effect.
massaging intestines for constipation at DuckDuckGo

iu
iu

How interesting, thanks for sharing!
I wonder if the connection between the leg weakness and the impacted intestine works the same way when someone is the opposite of "impacted". I can remember having food poisoning and salmonella poisoning, both of course, bringing diarrhea. I can remember the horrible lover belly cramping, cold sweats and "weakness in the legs" exactly where you say it can happen if impacted.

Here nor there! Ziggy's dad is improving, amen!

Reactions: Ziggy

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How interesting, thanks for sharing!
I wonder if the connection between the leg weakness and the impacted intestine works the same way when someone is the opposite of "impacted". I can remember having food poisoning and salmonella poisoning, both of course, bringing diarrhea. I can remember the horrible lover belly cramping, cold sweats and "weakness in the legs" exactly where you say it can happen if impacted.

Here nor there! Ziggy's dad is improving, amen!
Yes, the opposite that you describe does effect the legs that way too. Bad bacteria in the intestines wreak havoc causing diarrhea, bloating and gas. Diarrhea and Muscle weakness: Common Related Medical Conditions

Sometimes you'll hear people say they have stomach flu. The stomach can't contract the flu. That's always food poisoning.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States