For those who don't believe in prophets today....explain this

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Harmanuetics has been a long accepted rule that everything in the Bible must harmonize with everything else in the Bible.

Otherwise you have what I call shopping cart theology, a favorite of non-literalists. Take what you want from the Bible, make it say what you want and ignore the rest.

So yes, it is stated specifically for the book of Revelation, but I see no reason it does not harmonize with the rest of the Bible.

As well, well before the fifth century, the true Church had already accepted the books of the Bible we use today and rejected all the rest.

So-called church fathers, meaning the founders of the Catholic Church, recognized This reality but still added the books of the Apocrypha and some others.

So calling this argument moot, to me, is a nonstarter.
What is " Harmanuetics "? LOL

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just that "hypocrite" in the bible denotes something far worse than film stars making a living.
And "acting" with the connotation presented of "hypocrite" denotes something far worse than "acting" as concerning the way a person behaves...whether that behaviour is consistent with their character or a front.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luck thing for many "prophets" today.
Really, lucky for the false ones.

The true ones would probably not even be affected by such a law.

(and whatever the original point was, from which we have digressed, I have completely forgotten at this point).

Reactions: Willie T

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I asked about what you were discussing, harmanuetics.

And I answered you.

From Genesis to revelations there is no contradiction.

Therefore, it is not wrong to add anything in one place but okay to do so elsewhere.

In different context in different words that is said more than once in the Bible.

It all fits together. Every piece builds on the whole

D

Dave L

Really, lucky for the false ones.

The true ones would probably not even be affected by such a law.

(and whatever the original point was, from which we have digressed, I have completely forgotten at this point).
Did you ever consider the Pharisees also had "oral" enhancements to the scriptures that Jesus also condemned?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you ever consider the Pharisees also had "oral" enhancements to the scriptures that Jesus also condemned?
I believe that sound biblical teaching would tell us that that is the case.

Is there a point?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus condemned the Pharisees for doing what many today continue doing. Replacing scripture with their own ideas vocally.
I believe that when a prophetic word, word of wisdom, word of knowledge, etc. does not contradict any revelation of the inspired canon, it can be accepted as of the Lord; though it is also to be judged by any other prophets present in the meeting (1 Thessalonians 5:19-21, 1 Corinthians 14:29-32).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Dave L,

I don't think that you have to walk on eggshells at this website like at other ones. You can say in the form of a statement what you seem to feel has to be put in the form of a question, because of the fact that at other websites there are severe punishments for saying things in any way that seem to be straightforward or as a rebuke.

I believe that there is liberty here (2 Corinthians 3:17).

Reactions: Dave L and Willie T
D

Dave L

I believe that when a prophetic word does not contradict any revelation of the inspired canon, it can be accepted as of the Lord; though it is also to be judged by any other prophets present in the meeting (1 Thessalonians 5:19-21, 1 Corinthians 14:29-32).
If it doesn't contradict the word, it still can lead astray. But I've been on both sides of the fence and Scripture is a sure word of prophecy that out guns voices in the head any day.