For those who think Christ is not God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Christ God?

• God

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Lesser than God

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • A mere Son/Man of God.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
'put your right but in, put your right but out, put your right but in and shake it all about; do the hokey pokey and yer turn around, that's what it's all about' da da!
Chill APAK....breath deeply......not long to go! :)
now does anybody wanna translate that into Greek?.....we might get some clarity over and above the obvious? :)

Reactions: APAK

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not jest..

You would be surprised to know in much scripture and for prophecy, there exists deliberately, at least dual purposes and meanings embedded in them. This may include two or more 'before the foundation of the world' expressions or 'before the world was or began' for this subject. I prefer the 'foundation' expression as it gives more meaning, the idea of the beginning of something about to be created in the world.

Two types:
1. 'before the foundation of the world' meaning actually right before the 1st Adam, the first man was created, and not the earth or universe, and 2., In what @Waiting on him was referring to, 'before the foundation of the world' meaning the current local known world of people existing right before Christ. This particular world that he who live in and pronounce the Kingdom of God is at hand.

And Christ reiterated this promise of the Father he knew of with eagerness in prayer, in the Garden.

The idiom then: Of the glory I had with you (meaning, the glory of immortality you promised me) before the foundation of the world (meaning, in your plan, both before the 1st Adam was created and also before Christ the 2nd Adam was in this world of national Jews who would see his glory in person - of immortality).

All this was in the mind and plan of God, before the 1st and 2nd Adams. And his Son read it well -he had close contact with his mind all the way.

Just curious what do you think of,'...O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self...', the part you did not address?

Thanks.
Not jesting... I wouldn't be surprised at all. I'm well aware of dual meanings and triple meanings and quadruple meanings. They're everywhere in the Bible. I don't apply them without an eye single to the glory of God. IOW, I don't cross over into spiritualizing away plain statements in Scripture to support the vain imaginings of false teachers who want to get up something new and exciting. Most of the crazy interpretations that are so common today didn't even exist a couple of hundred years ago. God changes not.

@Johann nailed the "glorify" business. It's oneness talk between Father and Son, best I can figure. It certainly doesn't help the non-pre-existence case, that's for sure.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
blessed are the peacemakers and blessed are those who recognise that humour is not intended as a falling coconut!
ditto I concur all the way ....and now I must go off alone and meditate on this wise man's expression of this 'falling coconut.' It must have a hidden meaning for manna from heaven...as a blessing....maybe....:rolleyes:

Reactions: BarneyFife

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not jesting... I wouldn't be surprised at all. I'm well aware of dual meanings and triple meanings and quadruple meanings. They're everywhere in the Bible. I don't apply them without an eye single to the glory of God. IOW, I don't cross over into spiritualizing away plain statements in Scripture to support the vain imaginings of false teachers who want to get up something new and exciting. Most of the crazy interpretations that are so common today didn't even exist a couple of hundred years ago. God changes not.

@Johann nailed the "glorify" business. It's oneness talk between Father and Son, best I can figure. It certainly doesn't help the non-pre-existence case, that's for sure.
Well imo Johann used a blunt nail and the top is already coming off. So you have no direct input into it then...ok

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

You have sound wisdom and understanding from our Abba. A deep insight into the Scriptures and walking your talk, I can admire that in any person who carries the name Christian.
@Qoheleth
J.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have sound wisdom and understanding from our Abba. A deep insight into the Scriptures and walking your talk, I can admire that in any person who carries the name Christian.
@Qoheleth
J.
No, you, man.
Don't flatter me, J.
I'll get the big head. :p

It just seems like folks are complicating simple stuff.
I don't get it.
I guess I'm just a triumphalist bigot or something. :eek:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are really becoming an annoying person with no class or manners. I never addressed my posted query to you. And as usual you responded with a whacked answer that make no sense. Gibberish as you are becoming.

And I have to tell you to 'but out' of your own thread....how ironic
Come on, man. English is not our brother's native tongue. Ease up.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No, you, man.
Don't flatter me, J.
I'll get the big head. :p

It just seems like folks are complicating simple stuff.
I don't get it.
I guess I'm just a triumphalist bigot or something. :eek:

Love you dear brother in Christ Jesus
The deity of our Lord is precious to me.
Johann.
J.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is accepted by trinitarians that because Jesus is an inseparable equal part of the trinity, and it's therefore immortal, that He cannot die.
Hmmm... All Trinitarians? Just asking. Silly, I guess. ¿

(Wow, there's just no way to get into this without getting messy, is there?¿)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love you dear brother in Christ Jesus
The deity of our Lord is precious to me.
Johann.
J.
You are a precious gift, J.
I, too, am boundlessly awed by what my Jesus laid aside to save the world.
You're gonna have me crying.
Shabbat Shalom!!!

Reactions: Brakelite