Forgiveness vs Atonement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which means what exactly?...taking ONE STEP only...being half - baked.....mumbo jumbo.....scripture please...not your words....God’s words please.

Tell me how you go to God to be fully vetted?...again, scripture please, not your words.​

John 3:3​

King James Version​

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
He won't

he would have to admit his error

Reactions: Ritajanice

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The cross of Christ is the power over sin...by crucifying the outer man sin nature...to liberate the inner man to be joined to Christ in resurrection life. That is the power of the gospel.
This would seem to agree with "Except a corn of wheat falls into the ground to die it abideth alone, but if it die it brings forth much fruit." i don't know if you have read any of Watchman Nee, but he referred to it as the breaking of the outer man.

Jhn 12:24-26

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You like to hear yourself talk., and the way you do that, best, is to post your personal theological ramblings..

You can't teach the NT, but you can fake it, in every post, Thread, and video.

What you should do, is ask me questions, so that i can try to help you out of your Luke 11:35 situation.
I can easily explain Romans 2....and every other chapter and verse. Why are you so intimidated by Romans 2? Is it because you like to jump ahead and obscure the context of Paul's writings...and then blame it on "Pauline"?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I can easily explain Romans 2....and every other chapter and verse. Why are you so intimidated by Romans 2?

As i told you.. previously....

I did explain it. You just can't understand the explanation.
You dont even realize that i used Romans 2 verses, ... as you dont actually know Romans 2.

See, you are a self righteous religious person., who is "under the Law"..
So, your theology is always.. "im doing" vs God's salvation that is "the GIFT" and "made righteous".

Like i said, if you have a question,....
See, you can't learn when you only come to a forum to insult people who have the understanding that you wish you had.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As i told you.. previously....

I did explain it. You just can't understand the explanation.

See, you are a self righteous religious person., who is "under the Law"..
So, your theology is always.. "im doing" vs God's salvation that is "the GIFT" and "made righteous".

Like i said, if you have a question,....
See, you can't learn when you only come to a forum to insult people who have the understanding that you wish you had.
Indoctrination is revealed when excuses are given rather than a sound bible exposition. You can insult me, slander me, lie about me....all day long...but you can only spew disinformation about the bible and this Pauline lady you seem infatuated with. I don't think she likes you back, though. :rolleyes:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Indoctrination is revealed when excuses are given rather than a sound bible exposition. :rolleyes:

I gave you one.

Ask a good question, vs, posting redundant false innuendo, and i can show you more.

Your theology is not related to NT Christianity, regarding Salvation.
That's your problem, and many here try to help you, but your religious spirit, is just so hateful, that most give up on you, @Episkopos.

Believe it.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Which means what exactly?...taking ONE STEP only...being half - baked.....mumbo jumbo.....scripture please...not your words....God’s words please.

Tell me how you go to God to be fully vetted?...again, scripture please, not your words.​

John 3:3​

King James Version​

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Doing my best to sort out the wheat from the chaff in what is being discussed, but I think he may be onto something with this part of things. After His death and resurrection Jesus said to Mary at the tomb "touch me not for I have not yet gone to the Father" to present Himself to the Father as it were and offer His blood.

We are to follow Jesus to the death of our self/soul life, this is one aspect of following/obeying Him...loving not our lives (psyche) unto death. I wonder if this is how our soul is saved and not just our spirit only? Comes to mind where it is mentioned about a sinning Christian being given over to Satan that at least his spirit may be saved (even if not his soul)...? Jesus said if we lose our soul/puche for His sake we will keep it unto eternal life.

Mat 16:24-26

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

(It's the same Greek word psyche that has been translated into both "life" and "soul" in those verses.)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Doing my best to sort out the wheat from the chaff in what is being discussed, but I think he may be onto something with this part of things. After His death and resurrection Jesus said to Mary at the tomb "touch me not for I have not yet gone to the Father" to present Himself to the Father as it were and offer His blood.

We are to follow Jesus to the death of our self/soul life, this is one aspect of following/obeying Him...loving not our lives (psyche) unto death. I wonder if this is how our soul is saved and not just our spirit only?

Amen. I hope you are seeing how a deposit in our spirits...a sample of grace...is meant to take us to God in order to WIN Christ in our souls. We are to work out our own (soul) salvation with fear and trembling. I think most indoctrinated people HATE the idea of fearing God, seeking God, beseeching God...just look at all the comments of people when I suggest that the first step in a race doesn't qualify a person as a finisher of the race...or even running in it.

We are to receive instruction in righteousness to the saving of the soul.

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Comes to mind where it is mentioned about a sinning Christian being given over to Satan that at least his spirit may be saved (even if not his soul)...? Jesus said if we lose our soul/puche for His sake we will keep it unto eternal life.

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

(It's the same Greek word psyche that has been translated into both "life" and "soul" in those verses.)
Amen. We are to taste of the Lord's goodness..AND GO TO Him...for His fulness of grace. To be filled with His fullness.

Why I am spoken against here is because some people hate the idea that all sufficiency is NOT found IN THEM...but rather in God (where that fullness belongs) People hate seeking God...that's the truth of it. But we are saved to do that very thing... to know God and walk with Him and in Him.

So then people will NOT go to God but rather claim to be rich and in need of nothing...based on an overblown sample experience that people claim justifies them. As in...I already ate as much as I could from the sample tray. But to actually be known of God and be with Him....is the furthest thing from their hearts and minds. To sell all to possess the field? No way, Jose.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Amen. I hope you are seeing how a deposit in our spirits...a sample of grace...is meant to take us to God in order to WIN Christ in our souls.

Once again, you are posting a "self effort", .. that insults the Grace of God.
No person "wins" Christ".

He is given to the WORLD, on the Cross.... John 3:16.

Salvation is "the GIFT of Salvation".

We are to work out our own (soul) salvation with fear and trembling.

God does not save your Soul, as you are misunderstanding it.

See, the "soul" is the ...'" mind... will, and emotions"... This is the Soul..

The Body, is of course, not that.
And the SPIRIT, is, of course not that.

Its our SPIRIT that is eternal... and this is what God redeems, by "new Birth", as "Born again".. Spiritually.

Also, to "work out your Salvation"... is to understand that you have it., otherwise you could not work it out.

So, to work out what you have... that is "the gift of Salvation", is to come into the Knowledge of God, regarding what it means to have become a "new Creation" "In Christ".

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

We are to follow Jesus to the death of our self/soul life, this is one aspect of following/obeying Him...loving not our lives (psyche) unto death. I wonder if this is how our soul is saved and not just our spirit only? Comes to mind where it is mentioned about a sinning Christian being given over to Satan that at least his spirit may be saved (even if not his soul)...? Jesus said if we lose our soul/puche for His sake we will keep it unto eternal life.

Sorry, Lizbeth, makes no sense, we are led by the Living Holy Spirit.

Whoever will save his life....is that of a non believer.

Whoever loses his life for my sake....which means when we have been birthed in the Spirit....that is when we find our life, as we have been spiritually birthed/ regenerated/ made Alive in Christ...

We are a new creation when we become Born Again...we’re Alive in Christ
We walk in the Spirit...imo, Epi walks in himself.....he is also Alive in Himself....he doesn’t even know what Born Again means, by his own admission.

Therefore is not in the Spirit..

Reactions: marks and Behold

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen. I hope you are seeing how a deposit in our spirits...a sample of grace...is meant to take us to God in order to WIN Christ in our souls. We are to work out our own (soul) salvation with fear and trembling. I think most indoctrinated people HATE the idea of fearing God, seeking God, beseeching God...just look at all the comments of people when I suggest that the first step in a race doesn't qualify a person as a finisher of the race...or even running in it.

We are to receive instruction in righteousness to the saving of the soul.

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Amen. We are to taste of the Lord's goodness..AND GO TO Him...for His fulness of grace. To be filled with His fullness.

Your words, not the words of God
Why I am spoken against here is because some people hate the idea that all sufficiency is NOT found IN THEM...but rather in God (where that fullness belongs) People hate seeking God...that's the truth of it. But we are saved to do that very thing... to know God and walk with Him and in Him.

We have already found God, You talk rubbish...we have been birthed in the Spirit....and we are led by the Holy Spirit...

We know God through the Spirit, once we have been birthed in the Spirit.
So then people will NOT go to God but rather claim to be rich and in need of nothing...based on an overblown sample experience that people claim justifies them. As in...I already ate as much as I could from the sample tray. But to actually be known of God and be with Him....is the furthest thing from their hearts and minds. To sell all to possess the field? No way, Jose.
Again, your teaching and not the word of God.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Tell me Lizbeth, how would or how do you know to follow Jesus?

What needs to happen to be a child of God?

Who do you think keeps you saved?

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lesson we must learn after we have reached the stage of illumination, is how to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh, to see everything through spiritual eyes and not through fleshy eyes. This includes the part of the flesh which is our 'humanness', like our instincts that God has given us. For example, the will to live and protect ourselves.

All must be submitted to the leading of the Holy Spirit so all of our impulses come from Him alone. This was part of the testing that Jesus went through in the wilderness. Satan tempted Him to eat, which is not a sin, being the method by which we live, but He was on an inspired fast.

This a the big problem for me, I would interpret rejection from others, as a repeat from my childhood experiences and my emotions would go astray, instead of knowing that, as a child of God satan would use this against me and stop me hearing God's voice through it.

We must learn that we were bought at a great price, and God has every right to decide on our circumstances by allowing them, knowing the bigger picture of what He wants to achieve through us. It is about His glory not our own little lives and extending the kingdom.

Job made this problem when he was presented with his God departing from him (in his eyes) after such a closeness with Him. The heavens were brass. All reason told him that he had sinned, and the voices around told him so, but there was no answer when he cried out 'show me where I have sinned'. When he learned his lesson, that he must allow God to 'come and go' as He pleased, which is the coming and going out of the blessing, that the lesson was learned and he was blessed with double of what he had before. It is so with us, but in the spiritual realm.

Once we depend on the flesh, we are then ready to 'fall' and sin. Sin always separates us from God.
Love this post! Never heard the phrase 'coming and going out of the blessing' like a season of dryness and testing [extreme in Job's experience]. Thank you.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, you are posting a "self effort", .. that insults the Grace of God.
No person "wins" Christ".

He is given to the WORLD, on the Cross.... John 3:16.

Salvation is "the GIFT of Salvation".

God does not save your Soul, as you are misunderstanding it.

See, the "soul" is the ...'" mind... will, and emotions"... This is the Soul..

The Body, is of course, not that.
And the SPIRIT, is, of course not that.

Its our SPIRIT that is eternal... and this is what God redeems, by "new Birth", as "Born again".. Spiritually.

Also, to "work out your Salvation"... is to understand that you have it., otherwise you could not work it out.

So, to work out what you have... that is "the gift of Salvation", is to come into the Knowledge of God, regarding what it means to have become a "new Creation" "In Christ".
yes a works salvation being promoting - so much for being saved by grace and then kept by works.

Paul had some kosher words for such Judaizers in Galatians.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ts our SPIRIT that is eternal... and this is what God redeems, by "new Birth", as "Born again".. Spiritually.

Amen!!

We are to stand on the truth of God’s word...no matter who it upsets...we have the Spirit of God....and there will be no Episkopos....before him...

The word of God stands for all of eternity....

Reactions: Behold

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Amen. I hope you are seeing how a deposit in our spirits...

God does not make a "deposit in our spirit".

You really must tell us who the Heretic is, who taught you this bizarre nonsense, you teach.

And do not pretend that its : "Paul".

Just name the commentary, so that we can know where you learned this strange, theology.

So, the reality is.. .God BIRTH'S the Spirit in a person, by the Holy Spirit.

CHRISTians, real ones, understand that this "new Birth".... is what Jesus is teaching here..

Jesus said..."You must be born again"... and when this happens, the born again Spirit, (as Paul teaches) is become a "new Creation" "in Christ".

2 Corinthians 5

• Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God does not make a "deposit in our spirit".
Amen!...it’s not even biblical.
You really must tell us who the Heretic is, who taught you this bizarre nonsense, you teach.

And do not pretend that its : "Paul".

Just name the commentary, so that we can know where you learned this strange, theology.
Exactly.
So, the reality is.. .God BIRTH'S the Spirit in a person, by the Holy Spirit.

Amen!!...and Praise God for the life saving and life giving birth in Christ.
CHRISTians, real ones, understand that this "new Birth".... is what Jesus is teaching here..

Jesus said..."You must be born again"... and when this happens, the born again Spirit, is become a "new Creation" "in Christ".
Excellent...fully understanding in the Spirit....Praise Almighty God!

Status
Not open for further replies.