Forsaking all others

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any one ever truly contemplated what this fully means?

you can experience it should circumstances present themselves. if your spouse and children challenge your love for the Lord more then them. or even become your enemy. your job or country you love. where will you stand then?

read the book of Job if you haven't

Reactions: Waiting on him

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any one ever truly contemplated what this fully means?

The words of Jesus became too difficult for many of them to forsake everyone and everything else in order to follow him.

"For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me." Matt 10:35-38

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?" John 6:66-67

Difficult to do? For many it is impossible, but will not God help us if we ask Him?

Reactions: Waiting on him