Christian Judges of other Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Am I the only Christian that rejects it, when other Christians start speaking of 'we' and 'you', rather than just 'I'?

Some Christians find it necessary to include all Christians as the same, when they come out and speak of how they are living as Christians.

When I am speaking of myself personally in life, I only speak of I myself and I myself alone. I do not presume to speak for all Christians everywhere.

No other Christian is Jesus Christ, therefore no Christian should ever put themselves forth as The Example to judge all other Christians by.

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
When we are speaking about personal things in our own lives, then we should be honest with ourselves: Not every Christian is like us, and no Christian must be like us. Who is any Christian to judge and command all Christians to be like themselves?

There is only one example and Person for all Christians to be judged by: Jesus Christ.

There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

My prayer, including on this site, is that such self-glorifying judges will repent and only speak of themselves, when it comes to how we are living daily as Christians. When I am speaking of my own life, I say I, not 'we' and certainly not 'you'.

Not only is it an insult to other Christians, but in fact it hinders empathy and prayers for others in their confessed failures.

How are we supposed to desire prayer for another Christian's success over their circumstances, when they turn spitefully on other Christians and accuse them of being just the same and doing the same things as they? My prayer for them is first that they repent of acting like Jesus Christ Himself, and cease declaring all Christians must be like themselves.

Who art thou that judgest another?

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
In answer some judges may say, "Well, I am only speaking of the doctrine of Christ, that applies to all Christian believers." (I speak as a judge)

The response is obvious: What if our doctrine is not just of Christ, but also of ourselves? We then make ourselves lawgivers and judges by our own law.

I believe in the doctrine of Christian perfecting, where I am not sinning in nor with Jesus Christ. But I never even suggest, much less declare, that all Christians are perfected and must be living the same as me.

My conscience does not depend on all Christians being the same as me, so why are there Christians whose consciences obviously depend upon every one else being and living the same as them?

For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Paul is plainly rebuking Christians that say all Christians must be among their number. They measure and compare among themselves alone, and so go on to judge all Christians must be the same as themselves.

They say how they 'never met' or 'don't know' any other kind of Christian, than themselves and their own church group. And if they had met Christians not among their own number and not like themselves in manner of life, then they always declare them to be hypocrites and phonies. How? By their own personal standard and judgment of course.

It truly is a vicious circle that such Christians wrap themselves in, just for the sake of justifying their own lives by making all Christians to be among their number. They somehow think that there is strength and safety in numbers. when it comes to the righteous judgment of God.

The flood proves differently.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all sinners, except for the self righteous. It amazes me that some here say they haven't sinned since they got saved.

Luke 18
10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men--extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.
12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'
13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."