Franklin Graham asks: "What's wrong with these people?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you're right about this, but this is how it's done, and it shows that Christianity was a part of our politics from the founding of this nation.
Like the amendment to the Constitution that says the United States will not have an official religion?
I would expect you to draw such an illogical conclusion from my statement. :rolleyes:
It mystifies me how hard it is to get some people at this forum to give straight answers to questions. Should I take that as a no?

Nancy Pelosi is not demonic. She is a Catholic; and to her credit, she does not try to impose her religion on other people. She doesn't want other people imposing their views on her, so she doesn't try to impose hers on them. That, for me, is what a good Christian should do -- obey the Golden Rule.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like the amendment to the Constitution that says the United States will not have an official religion?
That's not exactly what the Constitution says. The First Amendment states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

As you can see, this amendment applies to Congress passing laws. Considering that the vast majority of our Founders were Christian, we need to interpret the First Amendment with this FACT in mind.

It mystifies me how hard it is to get some people at this forum to give straight answers to questions. Should I take that as a no?
The mystic is mystified?? It fits.

Nancy Pelosi is not demonic. She is a Catholic
All I can say to this is LOL!!! She's thumbed her nose at Catholicism every time she's voted to keep abortion legal. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Stan B and Helen

hermeneutics

Nov 29, 2019
western arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like the Christian thing to do to me since I don't believe in mixing politics and religion, saying "God is on my side, so vote for me."

Luke 20:25 And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

But vote for Trump since he says God is on his side.
Many people don't understand that the pilgrims that came over on the Mayflower were primarily made up Christians who were also the children of the lost tribe of Israel, God's chosen. I know that because Jesus told his disciples:
Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Donald may not be one of Israel, but he doesn't appear to be a child of the devil either.

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Graham however thinks God made Trump President. Oh my goodness. Some people think Putin did it, Graham says God did it.
Are you discounting God's hand in the affairs of men, even though the Bible says that He is the one who ultimately appoints rulers or removes them? There's no question that given the TOTAL OPPOSITION to Trump from both the Left and the Right, God's s hand was evident in his being elected.

Reactions: Helen and pompadour

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In response to the disrespectful and despicable actions of Nancy Pelosi and her *Demoncrats* at the OUTSTANDING State of the Union message by Donald Trump, evangelist Franklin Graham asked "What's wrong with these people?"

I'm sure he knows the answer but if he were to state it publicly, there would be a firestorm from the Left. So what's wrong with these people is that they are demonic. They are possessed and controlled by demons, who are controlled by Satan. Therefore hatred is their primary attitude. Jesus said that Satan (the thief) is motivated to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10). So are his minions.

They are demonic their hatred for:
(1) Donald Trump
(2) Trump's successes
(3) the gains made by ordinary Americans
(4) the present strength of America under Trump
(5) the Constitution
(6) democracy and what it means for free and fair elections
(7) the liberties and freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution
(8) free enterprise capitalism
(9) the rule of law
(10) liberty and justice for all

They hate the concept of America, even though they live in America, and take advantage of all its systems. But they still refuse to move to China or Cuba or Russia.

what you've never heard of corruption before? where do you think these people in the US gov get moneys? for US interests or from foreign interests via phony US companies or entities. Trumps tearing into their pocket books and they are stark raving mad about it.

the US worker was just about extinct until Trump trashed unemployment and employment is way up from where it was. the stock market has flourished tremendously since his election, because he's killing their golden gooses. he pretty much has told middle east to kiss off when it comes to them trying to get US troops there. hence our energy concerns are whittled down to who cares.

they don't like that he doesn't care if you like his demeaner, he says it as he sees it. he's not a shamusing politician

just like the NFL's disregard for servicemen and women's (past and present) respect for the flag and they are still appeasing that audience. with "American flag football" for example, note the wording, also their reaction to Trumps opinion of Kaepernick.

what the benefit here is that if the voting public still have "American values" the resent perpetrators of the past few months in congress will have almost eliminated their party at the congressional table.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not exactly what the Constitution says. The First Amendment states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

As you can see, this amendment applies to Congress passing laws. Considering that the vast majority of our Founders were Christian, we need to interpret the First Amendment with this FACT in mind.
I can be a Christian without wanting to force everyone else to do what I think is right.

The Treaty of Tripoli tells me what how the Founders looked at things.

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen (Muslims); and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan (Mohammedan) nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

The mystic is mystified?? It fits.
Why not answer questions?

All I can say to this is LOL!!! She's thumbed her nose at Catholicism every time she's voted to keep abortion legal. :rolleyes:
I remind you that abortions went down when Obama was President. Sometimes when you want to solve a problem, the solution isn't to make a law saying the problem is a crime.

I assure you she's been married only once (unlike Trump), does not lie every day of the week (like the Donald), has never posed nude (like Melania), has not set up phony charities or a phony college the way Trump did. She tears up papers -- bad woman, eh? Trump is God's anointed one, but she's definitely demonic -- as tearing up papers showed us.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can be a Christian without wanting to force everyone else to do what I think is right.
Lol, again! We really can't force people to do what is right, can we?

I remind you that abortions went down when Obama was President. Sometimes when you want to solve a problem, the solution isn't to make a law saying the problem is a crime.

I assure you she's been married only once (unlike Trump), does not lie every day of the week (like the Donald), has never posed nude (like Melania), has not set up phony charities or a phony college the way Trump did. She tears up papers -- bad woman, eh? Trump is God's anointed one, but she's definitely demonic -- as tearing up papers showed us.

So, killing innocent babies should not be considered a crime? It's just a problem in your estimation. :rolleyes:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What has she done to lead you to think she's possessed? It can't be ripping up papers, can it? My goodness, I hope not -- I've been known to rip up papers myself at times.

Which papers you rip up is what is important ...and the 'spirit' behind it!
Well my friend, I shall sidestep all this...I know your views :)

I just know what I think...and she sure isn't blessing God! LOL

Reactions: pompadour

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you discounting God's hand in the affairs of men, even though the Bible says that He is the one who ultimately appoints rulers or removes them? There's no question that given the TOTAL OPPOSITION to Trump from both the Left and the Right, God's s hand was evident in his being elected.
Were you defending Obama when he was President? Was it the hand of God that made Bill Clinton and Barack Obama President? I find that hard to believe. Do your religious views change depending on who the President is?

Peter warns us that Paul is hard to understand, and you prove Peter right. You interpret Paul in a naive way that contradicts other passages in the Bible.

Was Satan joking when he offered the kingdoms of the world to Jesus? (Luke 4:5-8) Was Jesus joking when he said his kingdom was not of this world? (John 18:36)

Why did Jesus call Satan the "prince of this world" three times? (John 12:31, 14:30, 16:11) John also wrote:

1 John 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

I find it hard to buy then that Donald Trump is God's anointed one. When you read Paul, you seem to have forgotten what Hosea wrote.

Hosea 8:4 They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off.

Some earthly authorities should not be obeyed or defended as authorities of God. Daniel did not obey the king Darius blindly.

Daniel 6:13 Then answered they and said before the king, That Daniel, which is of the children of the captivity of Judah, regardeth not thee, O king, nor the decree that thou hast signed, but maketh his petition three times a day.

And certainly it would have been evil for the children of Israel to obey Pharoah blindly and put all the new born children to death.

Exodus 1:17 But the midwives feared God, and did not as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the men children alive.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I think we should stop using Bibles that way when the Bible says not to swear at all.

Would you like to go back to the days when Catholic kings used the Inquisition to make sure their kingdoms were appropriately Christian? Sure why not, eh, but this time put Franklin Graham and Paula White in charge of who's right and who's a heretic.

Talking about Franklin Graham! He is wondering what's wrong with other people? I ask what's wrong with him? I thought -- I felt quite certain in fact -- that Donald Trump won the election fair and square in the Electoral College. That was because of the way people voted. Graham however thinks God made Trump President. Oh my goodness. Some people think Putin did it, Graham says God did it. Ha, ha, maybe God jinxed the computer app the Democrats in Iowa tried to use to count votes.

ty
the man is deranged, at best

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, again! We really can't force people to do what is right, can we?
The law is supposed to prevent bad deeds, not force people to do good ones. You can't force people to love; but you can pass laws that forbid them acting on hate.

So, killing innocent babies should not be considered a crime? It's just a problem in your estimation. :rolleyes:
I am in favor of whatever saves the lives of those children you say you care about. Trump recently showed us all how little he cares; and I believe some things done by his administration will drive some women to abortions -- legal or illegal.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe some things done by his administration will drive some women to abortions -- legal or illegal.
I'm not surprised you think this. It has been the rhetoric used by abortionists since before abortion was legalized. Our society has been brainwashed to think this way, but it's a shame to see Christians believing and repeating this.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which papers you rip up is what is important ...and the 'spirit' behind it!
Well my friend, I shall sidestep all this...I know your views :)

I just know what I think...and she sure isn't blessing God! LOL
I thought it a waste of paper. She could have made paper airplanes and sailed them during the speech. She could have made paper hats; since she was behind Trump, she could have hovered over him pretending to put one on his head -- oh yes, he'd have found out later what happened, but that would have been more fun. Or she could have practiced origami.

I think she allowed Trump to upset her. She's usually cooler than that. Maybe his refusal to shake her hand made her angry. I think it may have since she omitted the usual words used in introducing the President. I didn't see the speech; but I read she appeared to mouth the words "not true" when Trump said Democrats wanted to pay for immigrants healthcare.

Maybe we should be grateful she hadn't been drinking. Or maybe we should wish she had been and fell asleep the way Justice Ginsberg in 2010 after sharing a bottle of wine with Justice Kennedy before they went to the State of the Union speech.

Oh wait, maybe Pelosi had been drinking? Trump may be driving her to drink. . . .

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I thought it a waste of paper. She could have made paper airplanes and sailed them during the speech. She could have made paper hats; since she was behind Trump, she could have hovered over him pretending to put one on his head -- oh yes, he'd have found out later what happened, but that would have been more fun. Or she could have practiced origami.

I think she allowed Trump to upset her. She's usually cooler than that. Maybe his refusal to shake her hand made her angry. I think it may have since she omitted the usual words used in introducing the President. I didn't see the speech; but I read she appeared to mouth the words "not true" when Trump said Democrats wanted to pay for immigrants healthcare.

Maybe we should be grateful she hadn't been drinking. Or maybe we should wish she had been and fell asleep the way Justice Ginsberg in 2010 after sharing a bottle of wine with Justice Kennedy before they went to the State of the Union speech.

Oh wait, maybe Pelosi had been drinking? Trump may be driving her to drink. . . .
all the news outlets fact-checked Trump's retarded drivel, like to death?
virtually everything he said was a lie?

no offense but wth are you ppl smoking?

Nancy Pelosi is not demonic. She is a Catholic; and to her credit, she does not try to impose her religion on other people. She doesn't want other people imposing their views on her, so she doesn't try to impose hers on them. That, for me, is what a good Christian should do -- obey the Golden Rule.
word

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even though you have some good thoughts, I still can’t completely agree with your assessments. Mainly, its because of “sweeping, all-inclusive” language such “these”, “their”, “they” etc. Its always wrong to lump the masses into one description.

I’m independent, but that is inconsequential to the issue. The problem for me is that I have Christian friends who did not vote for Trump, as is true of about 20% of the American Christians. I believe they have valid reasons, some political, some not.

There are times when I wonder about the evangelical advisory board he keeps close by. Why can’t they advise him on some of his language, his “below the belt” criticisms of some of his rivals, his “misstatements”, etc. I like many things about Trump, such as his support of Israel, his support of religious freedom, and others. I think integrity is among the most important traits of a president, however.
You are talking about different tools. Trump is the chainsaw for the rough cuts needed. Then and only then can we pick up that finer tool.

First the Lion, then the Lion with the Lamb.

Reactions: Helen

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In response to the disrespectful and despicable actions of Nancy Pelosi and her *Demoncrats* at the OUTSTANDING State of the Union message by Donald Trump, evangelist Franklin Graham asked "What's wrong with these people?"

I'm sure he knows the answer but if he were to state it publicly, there would be a firestorm from the Left. So what's wrong with these people is that they are demonic. They are possessed and controlled by demons, who are controlled by Satan. Therefore hatred is their primary attitude. Jesus said that Satan (the thief) is motivated to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10). So are his minions.

They are demonic their hatred for:
(1) Donald Trump
(2) Trump's successes
(3) the gains made by ordinary Americans
(4) the present strength of America under Trump
(5) the Constitution
(6) democracy and what it means for free and fair elections
(7) the liberties and freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution
(8) free enterprise capitalism
(9) the rule of law
(10) liberty and justice for all

They hate the concept of America, even though they live in America, and take advantage of all its systems. But they still refuse to move to China or Cuba or Russia.

All they want is power, so that they can waste the hard-earned money of tax- payers while they destroy America and what it stands for.

Pelosi shredded the Constitution with her BOGUS ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT, and now she shredded an official document formally handed to her as Speaker of the House. She disgraced America in the eyes of the world, just like Schiff and his gang. She also disgraced herself and showed the true hateful heart of the Democrat party today.

The remedy for all this anarchism and hatred is for prosecutions to begin, and for all the hate-mongers to be locked up behind bars. If not there will be massive voter fraud and the next presidential election will be utterly sabotaged.

The reason this is posted in Ethics & Morality is because the Demoncrats are teaching others (especially the younger generation) that Ethics and Morality are worthless, and that the only thing that counts is power. Let's hope no Christian votes for any of them.

It never was as bad as it is now before Roe vs. Wade. Then the parties just went further and further away from each other until now I can't even speak to my friends I grew up with!

Reactions: ScottA