• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Government is king of hypocrisy. They don't practice what they preach. But they love to preach!

Reactions: ButterflyJones

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of which has to do with opportunity.
equal opportunity is where individuals are treated impartially, unhampered by artificial barriers like prejudice. What you listed were advantages that could make achievement easier for some and more difficult for others but the opportunity for achievement is there for everyone.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What good is the US constitution? Politicians are criminals.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
equal opportunity is where individuals are treated impartially, unhampered by artificial barriers like prejudice.
Ah, word games. This is NOT all that equality entails. Your aim is a utopia that cannot exist in reality. In what country does such equality as you seek exist?

The fact that oppressed groups now reach for "Equity" shows the true aim of "Equality;" a power grab from one group to another using whatever pretext will work.

Guess what? Majorites do not share equality with minorities. The notion that they should be treated equally shows the advocate's lack of grasp of math and reality.

And one other thing, it is not prejudging, which is what prejudice is. It is judging. The old adage applies to man, "Birds of a feather flock together." They have more in common and fit together better. Therefore, multiculturalism is a death nail to society - any society.

Last edited:

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
The U. S Constitution does not explicitly guarantee equality based on gender or gender identity.
First: you asked me to cite " where equality is expressly stated in the Constitution." And i did, don't change the goalposts please.

Second: the equal protection clause does explicitly guarantee equality for EVERYONE

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, but if there was someone with the same talent, but taller, they would have got first pick.
Muggsy Bogues was a first round draft pick and there were 7 rounds of draft pics in 1987 meaning there were over 150 taller players that were passed by

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, word games. This is NOT all that equality entails. Your aim is a utopia that cannot exist in reality. In what country does such equality as you seek exist?

The fact that oppressed groups now reach for "Equity" shows the true aim of "Equality;" a power grab from one group to another using whatever pretext will work.

Guess what? Majorites do not share equality with minorities.
That is why there are laws to ensure that everyone has equal rights and equal responsibilities

The notion that they should be treated equally shows the advocate's lack of grasp of math and reality.
How do you treat people who happen to be a member of a minority?

And one other thing, it is not prejudging, which is what prejudice is. It is judging. The old adage applies to man, "Birds of a feather flock together." They have more in common and fit together better. Therefore, multiculturalism is a death nail to society - any society.
that is a fine example of prejudice

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So I realised there is a glaring inequality, between government and people of faith: the standard for government is that difference matters, the standard for people of faith, is that difference doesn't matter! Let me explain what I mean. Say you have a transgender person, and you don't want your customers to think the transgender lifestyle is irreverent in a good way. You think, my customers need their gender respected and a transgender person either can't or will find it more difficult to acknowledge (the gender). That's not a condemnation of being transgender, as much as it is about being gender respectful. You don't hire someone short to a basketball team; calling yourself ten feet tall doesn't make you taller.

But this is the kicker, right? Government doesn't have its privileges stripped. Imagine telling Government, you have to hire statesman that have been both liberal and conservative? You would never get the bill passed! The whole point is that you are surrounding yourself with people, who are of a like mindset. A mindset that is divided between liberal and conservative obligations will never do as great a job, as someone who is all liberal or all conservative. See how hypocritical that is?

Now, how is it, that you can force a wedding cake maker to put homosexual figurines on the top, but you can't force a senator pledge allegiance to two parties? This is the Devil's work! The Devil doesn't respect gender at all, he doesn't care. He will break up couples, he will dishearten children, he will abuse innocence. God is against this. God doesn't have to swear allegiance to Himself and the Devil. That is our greatest hope. We need to be recognised culturally, as having a derivative expectation of identification, as is exemplified in congress. This is what is destroying our nations! Government is passing laws that it doesn't see are blind, to its own inner workings. "It is for the nation" they think "who cares why?". When God is why!

Now, I am not saying revolt or disdain - I am saying this is something we need to pray about. We don't want things to get worse, because we put our neck out on the foundation of equality without thinking what it may mean. There are transgender people that may think "I don't want people of faith, to be in my organisation, they will make the company look authoritarian" that's fine. Jesus said "go from town to town, if you have to" rejection is not the end. We can stand on Jesus' Word, in this respect. The example we set, is more important, than the fleeting work we are a part of, when the circumstances are right. Even then, prayer is necessary, the example Governments sets, is what we want. We want government to say "God rules us, we rule the people, but the people are free to associate with who ever wants to join them, in the spirit of friendship".

The point is that we can educate people from a position of strength. We don't need to be forced to tolerate people whose views are concretely different to ours. We can allow them to express themselves, in ways that company policy shapes - because we have legislation in place, to justify the approach we want people such as those who are transgender to take. We might want the figurines on the wedding cake, to be kept apart - as a way of symbolizing that it is a spiritual union, rather than a physical union, between same-sex couples. That would be ok, under legislation that keeps the same importance political parties have under a distinguished example, for examples set in the business arena of the culture or the faith arenas of the culture. It's just not right that senators have freedom of selection and the rest of the country does not?

I don't know if you want to think about this, its a very simple argument. As I've already said, you may just want to pray about it, and see if there is a way to leverage understanding, from the perspective of governance.

God bless. I hope you understand that I have not set out to condemn people, but care that the standards they want to live by, not be ignored.
YOu have a good heart but a wrong approach to this.

The World is the world and we are to have little to do with the world. Our commission is to go and make disciples in all people groups.

Reforming world governments is a low low low priority for the people of God. It is not going to change as we are living in the last days and moving ever closer to our call home.

We are to act however if someone calls themself a believer and declares themself transgender or any one of the other letters in the LGBTQ world

Reactions: Gottservant

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu have a good heart but a wrong approach to this.

The World is the world and we are to have little to do with the world. Our commission is to go and make disciples in all people groups.

Reforming world governments is a low low low priority for the people of God. It is not going to change as we are living in the last days and moving ever closer to our call home.

We are to act however if someone calls themself a believer and declares themself transgender or any one of the other letters in the LGBTQ world
Act how?

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First: you asked me to cite " where equality is expressly stated in the Constitution." And i did, don't change the goalposts please.

Second: the equal protection clause does explicitly guarantee equality for EVERYONE
No. The EPC guarantees equal protection under the law by the laws.

There is no express language in the Constitution that guarantees equality due to gender. That's not changing the goal posts . That's a matter of fact in the U. S Constitution.

Were there a guarantee of gender equality, women would be paid equal pay for equal work compared to men. This is not true.

Do the research. You will always be wrong in your present state unless you do.
It takes little time to acquire that knowledge. Wasting time arguing a falsehood because you prefer it would be true does not make what is wrong correct.

You're wrong.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. The EPC guarantees equal protection under the law by the laws.

There is no express language in the Constitution that guarantees equality due to gender. That's not changing the goal posts . That's a matter of fact in the U. S Constitution.

Were there a guarantee of gender equality, women would be paid equal pay for equal work compared to men. This is not true.

Do the research. You will always be wrong in your present state unless you do.
It takes little time to acquire that knowledge. Wasting time arguing a falsehood because you prefer it would be true does not make what is wrong correct.

You're wrong.
well let's see - Here is the equal protection clause:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

So yeah women in the United States are guaranteed equality. Just like black people and Jews and gays.

Sadly the reality is that some do try to break the law and choose to discriminate. And sometimes state legislatures try to protect and normalize this discrimination. he redress for those denied equality is through the court system which can take a long time. Consider that it took until 2020 to get a final ruling that employers could not fire employees just because they happen to be a minority.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That you even call some "minority" shows how prejudiced you are, looking at the world through the evil lens of collectivism.
You seem to be implying that you don't teat members of minorities as you yourself wish to be treated.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tinman lives in amazing fantasy land.

Is that why it was included in the constitution?

Cite where equality is expressly stated in the Constitution.

What is included in the constitution?

The equal protection clause...

No.
The U. S Constitution does not explicitly guarantee equality based on gender or gender identity.

Yes, the equal protection clause ≠ Equality clause.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be implying that you don't teat members of minorities as you yourself wish to be treated.
I read a meme the other day that said White people only make of 8% of the world population. Do you respect the fact that White people are minorities?

Guess what? There is no White privilege in Chad, Saudi Arabia or Japan.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

So yeah women in the United States are guaranteed equality. Just like black people and Jews and gays.

Sadly the reality is that some do try to break the law and choose to discriminate. And sometimes state legislatures try to protect and normalize this discrimination. he redress for those denied equality is through the court system which can take a long time. Consider that it took until 2020 to get a final ruling that employers could not fire employees just because they happen to be a minority.
"No specific provision means that the constitution does not explicitly mention the right to equality or non-discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity for all citizens. This does not mean that the constitution denies this right, but that it does not explicitly include it."

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe you are truly unable to look at the world in any way other than through the evil collectivist lens of Cultural Marxism.

Recently, I told a Black women who was about my age how I would gravitate to her in a room full of ruckus teens. It's all about what birds have the most feathers in common. It's not about intersectionality of identity politics.