Freedom To Sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
Who among you is a Christian who wants to sin?

Are you a child of God?

Tell us which are the evil desires you are glad of forgiveness so that now you can fulfill them.

It's OK, you have the anonimity of the internet.

Which are those cherished, special sins that you look forward to indulging for the rest of your live, knowing that you have a "free pass"?

Is that what you want?

Or do you want something different?

When you pull back the sheet, what do you see?

A straw man.

Love in Christ,
Mark

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I find, with myself...it's not so much wanting to sin...looking forward to sinning...not at all! It's more the sins that 'sneak' under the radar...ones that you don't think about, ones that you rationalize away, ones that you don't think are all that bad.
It's something that has been on my heart lately, I've been doing a lot of praying and soul searching! I think it comes down to two things...becoming aware of these things, and also taking a step back and looking at these things in comparison to what is on offer. Is continuing in these behaviours more precious to me, than Gods love, forgiveness and freedom? Nope! The joy I get from obeying God is incomparable!

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
Hi Rach,

Just so!

We were born to do righteousness. Is there anything that can fulfull us like righteousness does? No, of course not!

At any given moment, the flesh nature wants to sin. But just the same, at any given moment, our new nature wants to do righteousness. We need to keep in mind always that we have the the choice to either allow the flesh to fulfill its desires, or to live the life of Christ. We have been given the power to live the life of Christ. And God has given us the desire for the same.

Love in Christ,
Mark

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is stronger unless grace reigns through Jesus/Yeshua.

That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
(Rom 5:21)

Jul 6, 2011
Galatians 5, (and to a certian extent Romans 1 & 2)

Freedom in Christ. We are free - to not sin.

This argument can be devisive. It is the line between being legalistic and being indifferent to sin.

As much as we fall short and act in the flesh, we are called to live by the spirit.

And this doesnt include those who defend or promote sin, they cant have the Spirit in the first place.

Reactions: Prentis

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
This is one of those Thread questions that temps believers to try to sound "spiritual".
I'll not serve the flesh on behalf of this temptation...
But rather i'll try to be "exposed" so that you might in your heart also..
Im a minister, but im an honest one, and i dont play the role.
I am what i am, and the Grace of God has been better to me then most, because i have to have extra help.
He provides it.
He's faithful, even when im not.

The reason people sin, the reason Christians sin, and the reason i do, is the same reason you do.
Because we like it.
We like the way it feels.
We like the way it gives the flesh that AHHHHHHHHHHHHH feeling of satisfaction.
Listen, if sin was not fun, if it was not extremely satisfying for the moment, then who would be doing it?
The fact is......Sin is extremely rewarding~gratifying to the flesh, and it feels great every time.....if it didnt you would not be confessing
the same sin to God every day, or every other day, or ...........you get the message.

What ive noticed is, that prior to my conversion many years ago, my sin was not as fulfilling or as tempting as it is now.
That is to say that sin became to me, more pleasurable after i was converted, then before i was converted.
Ive had to deal with a stronger urge to sin SINCE i was saved, then before i was saved
Ive committed some of my worst sins after i was saved, and i knew i was doing them before i did them.
They were not mistakes, ...many of my sins......they were carnal projects that sometimes i planned.

Ive also noticed i have seasons of time, where sin does not interest me very much, and then i'll have seasons of time where its as if
all i think about is my temptation.
And prayer and bible reading helps, yes, during these "intense" times.
Sometimes i resist and sometimes i fall.
Over the years, i fall less, and i resist more often ....
One thing ive learned is that sin is the power to captivate to lust which lives in the flesh nature DNA of us all, and its the SIN that commits the sin and this is not me......but its me who gives into its demands.
"Me" is the part that is born again, who has died with Christ, who is seated in heavenly places, and who has an internal war with this sin in me that wants to sin.
Paul had the same problem, and even said that it was not he who sinned but sin in him that did it.
He was not justifying his sinning, nor am i.
Im just being real., and God is big enough, and caring enough, and unconditionally loving enough to call me HIS SON.

I have no words to express my thanx to my God who is so good to me.
He's just so good.

And if you dont know God, and if you are wondering if he could love someone like you....
Well, he loved someone like me, and took me,.... so, i can promise you, he will take you.
Jesus died to prove God's love for you.
You take his Son, and he'll take you, and he'll never let you go.........ever.

And if you are away from him, and you dont feel him anymore..
If you are thinking that you cant have back that precious love you use to have for Jesus and God that you threw away..., then let me tell you....you can.
You CAN.
God never left you.......he is still right there, on your side, with arms open wide.
Come home.
Come...........home....
You'll be so glad you did.

be blessed..

K

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The thought that we can get away with sin has led the world to it's present state. This is what the people want...immunity!!! So give them a false gospel that grants what ALL people want for themselves....and the churches will be filled. Satan really knows the fallen human heart.

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
Because we like it.
We like the way it feels.
We like the way it gives the flesh that AHHHHHHHHHHHHH feeling of satisfaction.
Listen, if sin was not fun, if it was not extremely satisfying for the moment, then who would be doing it?
The fact is......Sin is extremely rewarding~gratifying to the flesh, and it feels great every time.....if it didnt you would not be confessing
the same sin to God every day, or every other day, or ...........you get the message.

Hi Kidron,

When you say, "We like the way it feels," are you saying that you . . . the new man that God made . . . enjoys sin?

Are you identifying with your old carnal nature?

Do you believe we have been re-created with a new nature?

Love in Christ,
Mark

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Many Christians say, "God only requires one to be righteous. His Son". The thought goes that since He is righteous, God does not require me to be righteous. This is a typical response coming from Christendom, today.

Does God require men to be righteous? Here many Christians would respond, "No". They take a view called positional holiness that can be expressed as follows: "Oh, yes, I am very unholy and I commit sin; I sin in thought, word and deed every day, but by virtue of my position in Christ, all Christ's perfect righteousness is accredited to me so that God does not even see my sin; He sees only Christ and since I have my position in Christ, I remain holy before God."

The logic is, because of my position in Christ, God does not see me, He sees only Christ. Since Christ is righteous, I am righteous.

In this view one see righteousness as a legal position in Christ rather than a life of righteousness. They would say you cannot be righteous, only reckoned righteous. Faith enters into a legalistic reckoning of all sins, past, present and future, as already remitted. A permanent justification encompasses all the future sins he may commit, and nothing he does will change his position in Christ. Faith has completed the work, he no longer is responsible to repent.

Also a certain gnosticism has entered the church that says the knowledge of it makes it so. In this view, righteousness is just a matter of knowledge. If you know it, then it is yours. Confess it, and it will be so. This accomodates the positional view of righteousness. But, does a confession of righteousness make one righteous?

Let me say that again: Doe a confession of righteousness make one righteous?

Is faith a substitute for repentance?

I think the church has given up on personal righteousness. Does God require men to be righteous or is it something that is impossible so we just say I am righteous because of Jesus Christ? We can't live half truths.

So, if Christ came to make men righteous, how does one experience righteousness as a work of the Spirit? Is this supposed to be an experiential reality in our lives or not?

Is there such a thing as the transformation of righteousness in a believer?

I believe there is because without righteousness the glory of God will not abide among men. It is not enough to be "declared righteous" and to say we are "justified", there must be real fruit. There must be some manifestation of the work of righteousness by the Spirit in a person. Otherwise, there is no reality of Christ in our lives and we just continue down the "happy" road of deception.

As the Church today is praying for revival the words of the prophet still speak with clear direction.

Isa 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God

Isa 40:4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

Isa 40:5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

True believing leads to the inworking (sanctification) and the outworking of our faith (true works authored by the Holy Spirit).

Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. John 15:14

Obedience is not legalism.

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Axehead

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Men prefer freedom to sin rather than freedom from sin!

Many Christians say, "God only requires one to be righteous. His Son". The thought goes that since He is righteous, God does not require me to be righteous. This is a typical response coming from Christendom, today.

Does God require men to be righteous? Here many Christians would respond, "No". They take a view called positional holiness that can be expressed as follows: "Oh, yes, I am very unholy and I commit sin; I sin in thought, word and deed every day, but by virtue of my position in Christ, all Christ's perfect righteousness is accredited to me so that God does not even see my sin; He sees only Christ and since I have my position in Christ, I remain holy before God."

The logic is, because of my position in Christ, God does not see me, He sees only Christ. Since Christ is righteous, I am righteous.

In this view one see righteousness as a legal position in Christ rather than a life of righteousness. They would say you cannot be righteous, only reckoned righteous. Faith enters into a legalistic reckoning of all sins, past, present and future, as already remitted. A permanent justification encompasses all the future sins he may commit, and nothing he does will change his position in Christ. Faith has completed the work, he no longer is responsible to repent.

Also a certain gnosticism has entered the church that says the knowledge of it makes it so. In this view, righteousness is just a matter of knowledge. If you know it, then it is yours. Confess it, and it will be so. This accomodates the positional view of righteousness. But, does a confession of righteousness make one righteous?

I think the church has given up on personal righteousness. Does God require men to be righteous or is it something that is impossible so we just say I am righteous because of Jesus Christ? We can't live half truths.

So, if Christ came to make men righteous, how does one experience righteousness as a work of the Spirit? Is this supposed to be an experiential reality in our lives or not?

I believe there is because without righteousness the glory of God will not abide among men. It is not enough to be "declared righteous" and to say we are "justified", there must be real fruit. There must be some manifestation of the work of righteousness by the Spirit in a person. Otherwise, there is no reality of Christ in our lives and we just continue down the "happy" road of deception.

As the Church today is praying for revival the words of the prophet still speak with clear direction.

Isa 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God

Isa 40:4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

Isa 40:5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

True believing leads to the inworking (sanctification) and the outworking of our faith (true works authored by the Holy Spirit).

Axehead

Amen! This is what I'm trying to point out! But the truth is seen as foolishness...as per the the warnings in the bible.

haz

Feb 17, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Men prefer freedom to sin rather than freedom from sin!
Amen! This is what I'm trying to point out! But the truth is seen as foolishness...as per the the warnings in the bible.

Hi Episkopos,

I wonder if Axehead shares your same works of the law doctrinal view that you are lawless, do not walk in the Spirit and hence don't know Christ because your life is not perfect.

Eph 2:8
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

2Cor 11:3
But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Turning grace into works of the law is deception.

seekandfind

Jun 21, 2012

Axehead

Amen!

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
Hi Kidron,

When you say, "We like the way it feels," are you saying that you . . . the new man that God made . . . enjoys sin?
Are you identifying with your old carnal nature?
Do you believe we have been re-created with a new nature?

Love in Christ,
Mark

Hi Mark,

thanx for the solid questions.

I'll give you the theological answers in response, as it seems that you are a student of the word and would appreciate more light.
Mark, the simple answer is, the "new man" does not feel in the sense realm., as the new man is a born again spirit that has been "cut apart" from the "old man" or the "flesh" according to the "operation of God", ..(Colossians 2:13).....This Mark, is the unique "circumcision of the heart", (Romans 2:29) that occurs in the spirit of a person the instant they are born again which recreates them to be a "spiritual Jew"..(Romans 2:29) .
This process whereby the Holy Spirit surgically separates your new man from your old Adamic man, leaving you with 2 men in your nature, is one of the evidences that you are born again.
You can follow up this "duel nature" in more depth if you turn in your bible to (Romans 7:15-25) and read how Paul describes the process.... Tho,.If you dont want to study it then just go to (Romans 7:23) and read that one verse.

Now before i give you more light, i want to ask you a question.
Have you not noticed since you were born again that you have a inner struggle going on within your desires.???
Have you noticed you became more "sin sensitive"....in your conscience AFTER you were born again?.
Have you not noticed that there is always present within you now, even during your most holy moment, that other "thing" that wants to fill your mind during prayer with all sorts of unclean images and ideas?
Have you ever been in the middle of a situation where you are praising God or listening to a sermon and right in the middle of it all sorts of wrongful desires are right there in your mind > at the same time?.....<
So, you can think about that as you read the word of Paul in those scriptures i posted....^^^^^

And also...
The new man, is a born again spirit.....a Spirit that is in complete union with God and Christ who is in you as you are "in Christ"..
It is disconnected and seperate from the mind of the flesh and the sensual carnal desires..... Whereas. the other "man" that is your old nature, is very unhappy that he's not being fed according to his constant lusts, will never leave you alone for long, and IT is the part of you that wants to sin, wants you to leave your faith behind, etc.
Mark, the adamic nature is the nature of Satan, or as Jesus said......"ye are of your father the DEVIL, and the lusts of your father you will do"..(John 8:44)
And that very nature of Satan is still abiding in your "old man"...

Let me here go a bit deeper about our position in Christ as perhaps you have not been instructed according to sound bible doctrine regarding this issue.
Mark.....God sees you, right now, if you are born again,..... as "dead" and "Sinless"..
Your Adamic nature was under the law, and when Christ removed it, by fulfilling it and dying for it, he removed from you the judgement and the guilt that before was against you.
You are now dead "in Christ" and the law is dead because of Christ's body which was use to atone for the law's requirements that demanded death as the payment for "sin"..
When Christ fulfilled the law and died a sinless death, the Law was annulled on the basis of Christ's finished work on the Cross, and the judgment due you for your sins was given to him instead.
He died, the law's requirements for judgment were fulfilled, and we are now free from what is called the "wrath of God"..(John 3:36).
The wrath of God is the punishment do for unforgiven sins....(Hell)
And from the moment you by faith trust Christ, "you are not under the law but under grace" (Romans 6:14)...."The law was given by Moses but GRACE and Truth came by Jesus Christ".(John 1:13).

So, in the realm of the Spirit, according to the legal workings of the Kingdom of God system, you are sinless, and dead to the law by the Body of Jesus" (Romans 7:4) and you are "delivered from the Law" (/Romans 7:6)
It has no more dominion over you to condemn you before God.
Now this ^^^^^^^^^^^ is the tricky part, because its literally true, however, you dont recognize that its your status because these things have happened inside you as related to the Spiritual realm, and your problem is, you are still alive in a body, in the flesh.
So, when you read that you are "dead", and "baptised with Christ" and "delivered from the Law", In (Romans 6:3 and 7:4,6) you dont feel this and you cant see it because all these things are God's perspective according to what he has done for you in your Spirit man based on the atonement".
This is why the bible tells you to "reckon yourself dead to sin".(Romans 6:11)...which means to esteem yourself dead.......which of course is a mental aspect or a faith aspect.
WE are literally to understand and believe that our old man is dead, and just as Christ died and rose again, we are risen "in Christ" a new man...exactly like he is.....sinless.
Well, its one thing to understand this doctrinally, but its an entirely different situation indeed when your bible tells you that your old man is dead yet your old man is raging in your mind trying to get you to sin every day..
Paul is the one who wrote that we are "dead, and risen with Christ", yet the next chapter he is talking about "the evil i would not do i do, and the good i would do i find no way to do it".........so, THAT is the problem a Christian faces every day
Everyday, you wake up and the world, the flesh, and the devil, is waiting to pull you to their desires, while inside you is a new man who is battling to not go there.
Welcome to Christianity. !!
WE are indeed risen with Christ, dead to sin and the law, and seated with Jesus right now next to God, , however, your Flesh will have none of that and it will have what it wants and it wants you to SIN, because this is the meat of the flesh, its the diet of the old Adamic man., and he is hungry and getting more starved the longer you walk in the Spirit and dont fulfill the Lusts of the flesh that feed the old man.
Therein is the Battle.
Welcome to real Christianity..

There was a young preacher, who was on retreat and was sent to stay in the cabin with a minister who was nearly 90 years old.
One day, the old preacher and the young one were walking on the beach in the summer during this retreat and a very pretty young woman in a red thong and a tan and not much else on came walking by...The old preacher looked at her, smiled, and looked away, and the young preacher looked, looked some more, felt condemnation, and then looked away frowning......A few mins past and the young preacher said........you know, i just cant seem to ever totally control my desire to lust when i see something like that that looks so inviting......when will i no longer be so caught up in those kind of moments, coz im tired of the guilt............The old minister looked at him and smiled and said, well, im 89 and im still waiting for that day also.

So, there it is.....^^^
As long as we are in the flesh we will be troubled by the flesh, as that is what the flesh does.
Our job is to reckon ourselves dead to this situation, hold on to the grace of God, and do the work of God.
If we fall, then we just fall on the Grace of God, and when we have victory over the world , the flesh, and the devil, then we give glory to the one who delivered us from our temptations today.
And that is how we live it........one day at a time.......resisting in Victory as often as possible, or falling into Grace as little as we can.
Welcome to >real< Christianity.....the eternal struggle of the light that we have become vs the darkness that we are....all for the glory of God.
(and you can quote me).

or as Rich Mullins sang...
"If i stand let me stand on the promise that you will pull me though, and if i cant let me fall on the grace that first brought me to you...."

Be blessed,

K

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Episkopos,

I wonder if Axehead shares your same works of the law doctrinal view that you are lawless, do not walk in the Spirit and hence don't know Christ because your life is not perfect.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

It is not about my life being perfect but about me walking in the perfection of Christ as I abide In Him. I can testify to this because I have done this. I am nothing without Christ. But when I am IN Him I walk just as He walked and I have an intimate presence with me that empowers me to do what we read about in the bible. I don't expect many to understand this owing to the new liberal theologies whereby you believe whatever you like. But doing this means you are missing out on the best kept secret in the world...union with God,

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
Hi Kidron,

Thank you for your detailed answer! :D I think we are very much on the same page.

You may be interested in taking a look here:

http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/15723-mind-of-the-spirit-mind-of-the-flesh/

Love in Christ,

Mark

kensapp

Jul 8, 2012
Singapore
Man by nature is a sinner since we are children of Adam and Eve. He is really created with a lot of imperfections. Christians may not want to commit sins but he/she is bound to be put to temptation and sometimes weak enough to fight against it but a deeply rooted Christian faith must be strong and must have a strong will to always do what is rightfully good in the eyes of God.​

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what the people want...immunity!!!

All believers have immunity from prosecution for their sins.

†. John 5:24 . . I assure you: those who listen to my message, and believe
in God who sent me, have eternal life. They will never be condemned for
their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

Webster's defines "never" as: at no time, not in any degree, nor under any
condition.

Note the grammatical tense of the "have" verb in the Lord's statement. It's
present tense rather than future; indicating that believers have eternal life
right now-- no delay and no waiting period.

Eternal life is a kind of life that's impervious to death. Therefore it's impervious
to the wages of sin.

†. Rom 6:23 . .The wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life

So give them a false gospel that grants what ALL people want for
themselves....and the churches will be filled.

In order for John 5:24 to fill churches, you'd first have to get people to
believe the Lord's statement might be true.

Cliff
/

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Man by nature is a sinner since we are children of Adam and Eve. He is really created with a lot of imperfections. Christians may not want to commit sins but he/she is bound to be put to temptation and sometimes weak enough to fight against it but a deeply rooted Christian faith must be strong and must have a strong will to always do what is rightfully good in the eyes of God.​

We can't overcome all sin by our will. What usually happens is that we get worse when when try this...we trade in carnal sins for deeper sins of the soul....pride, arogance..etc.

Rather we are to walk in heavenly power by entering into resurrection life in Christ. From there it is very easy to not sin.

Hi Episkopos,

I believe, as a Christian disciple, he shares with me a respect of reality.....not needing to go into the realm of fantasy and self-justification in order to feel "saved." The proof is in the pudding so to speak. The reality of the law is only overcome by the real life living in a power that is greater than it. As we enter into an intimate union with Christ the pull of this world dims to the point where we no longer are a part of it.