Freedom To Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all sin is willful, and no one is without sin.

if any misstep after having come to belief results in loss of salvation, without possibility of reconciliation ((as you say)) - then there is no salvation and no one will be saved, because there is not a single one of us who walks upright and never stumbles.
I think this is very true.

We don't get the right to declare some sins "OK". None are.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This statement flies in the face of scripture. How can you make such an erroneous statement like this?

Hear what the word says here:

"And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering." (Numbers 15:27)

"But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him." (Numbers 15:30-31)

This was under the Law. We are not under the Law, but are under the Law of Christ. Our instruction tells us, that which is not of faith is sin, and, if you know the good to do and don't do it, that is sin.

This is broadly inclusive. That momentary thought to not give to that person, or not do this for them, or that momentary cross temper, and you let those words out your mouth, or whatever it is.

What sin is there that you do not have the ability to refuse to commit? Do you have the Holy Spirit within you, and does the Spirit lead us to righteousness? Yes.

We sin because we do not choose to rather walk in the Spirit. We sin when we falter in our faith. But God has freed us from sin - all sin. We require complete and total forgiveness, or we will not be clean.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... but I sure have been accused of that including embracing and accepting sin... Sadly... I have not learned how to defend myself from such cruel attacks.

GRACE sets the sinner free... it truly does. Thank you for this heart felt response... My heart melts when I hear words like you have spoken... because it tells me that I am indeed speaking to a human being.

Most tenderly... Addy
Of course I am routinely accused of this myself. What I've found is that there is no defense, and the person who is determined to think evil of others will do just that. But God's grace and love free us from their power over us.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many will simply not make it to heaven, that’s just a scriptural fact.
If sinlessness is required, none will be saved. The conflict with the flesh real, and we will only receive incorruptibility in our resurrection.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire. (2 Peter 2:18-22)

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks

The truth is that:

1. The sinner is born again upon repenting and believing the gospel and being baptized without works of the law.

2. The newly converted saint is no longer a sinner and grows in the faith and does works of righteousness as evidence of true conversion.

3. If this saint does not endure to the end, he cannot start at step #1 again.

This is what is plainly taught in the scriptures.

"Let these sayings sink down into your ears" (Luke 9:44)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@post

Having ups and downs in life is not sin.

Ups and downs are external events affecting our emotions. How we react to them can be sinful. This is why we draw near to God and his word. To get stability and not allow our flesh to have its way with us.
That's not quite true. If you are count obedience, we are commanded - imperative - the always rejoice. There are more I can name, but one is sufficient. If you are not always joyful, always loving, always self controlled, those things are the Spirit's fruit, and if you are angry, despondant, worried, again, I could go on, but these are of the flesh.

Emotional states reflect spiritual realities. Even in pain and heartbreak, the spirit in a man who is walking in the Spirit remains in joy. I just think we focus so much on "sins" we miss the works of the flesh, and what it's like to be walking according to the flesh. Frustrated with my day, angry at traffic, impatient, stuggling . . . again, I can go on. But we all know what it's like. Walking in the Spirit is not like that.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are already freed from sin.

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, (2 Timothy 2:5-6)

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But who is it who has not sinned since being born again?
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. Jude 1:4

While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. (2 Peter 2:19)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Afraid of what?

1 John 4:15-18 KJV
15) Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
16) And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
17) Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18) There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These purposely twisted statements that continue to be made for the sake of winning an argument....
Or worse. To tear down and destroy for a feeling of inner affirmation.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to let that insult pass but you are very close to being put on IGNORE. You keep feeling the need to TEACH people who have no interest in what you are selling... Sorry to be harsh ( like you stated yourself being yesterday )... but it is what it is.
I don't think the need is to teach, I've come to see it as something darker. Like you said, the constant twisting of words in order to accuse.

Much love!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If sinlessness is required, none will be saved.

"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." (1 John 3:7-10)

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't think the need is to teach, I've come to see it as something darker. Like you said, the constant twisting of words in order to accuse.

Much love!
Yep... It is much deeper and it is twisted...

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@devin553344 ... You are catching me at the end of the day and honestly.... I have spent too much time here... I am waiting for a dog to arrive... One that I am going to be taking care of for the next two weeks...

So many of these debates never get resolved... I am sorry you feel this way about salvation... I feel it is a beautiful GIFT extended to ANYONE and EVERYONE who will simply believe in the finished ATONEMENT of CHRIST.
All we can do is share the message and allow the Holy Spirit to work. I remember how resistant I was! But the truth of the Scripture is overwhelming!

Much love!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am now off for the rest of the day... I guess it's shift work... LOL.... Blessings on you dear man.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks

The truth is that:

1. The sinner is born again upon repenting and believing the gospel and being baptized without works of the law.

2. The newly converted saint is no longer a sinner and grows in the faith and does works of righteousness as evidence of true conversion.

3. If this saint does not endure to the end, he cannot start at step #1 again.

This is what is plainly taught in the scriptures.

"Let these sayings sink down into your ears" (Luke 9:44)

There is more to it than that.

Let this sink down into your heart:

1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

We who are His children WILL be like Jesus when we see Him. We will. It's true.

And, knowing this, having this expected end of our faith - our hope - this is actually what leads us in not sinning.

Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.