Freemasonry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is mystic talk--that the truth is above or beyond us. God brings it to our level. He makes Himself known. Even a child can understand the basics of who God is.... Of course, in a way, we have to come to Him as a little child--with that much innocent trust. But our lust for knowledge, to know things that God has not given us to know, can get in the way of understanding the simplest things about God and the simplest things about what it means to know Him, and this is what it's all about.

Again, you need to get out of the way and let the Holy Spirit work between me and Jane! Really!

You have been rude to me, and when I pointed it out, you said you weren't being rude (and I didn't have a man to defend me). Okay, whatever, I moved on. This is what adults do.

Well, here's one thing you and I agree on. I'm about as anti-denominational as you can get. However, I will not look to false religions to find truth as you have. That's putting poison in the well.

John 4:13--Jesus said, “Everyone who drinks from this water will get thirsty again. But whoever drinks from the water that I will give him will never get thirsty again — ever! In fact, the water I will give him will become a well of water springing up within him for eternal life.”

I never said I'm a good person. My sin nature is as rotten as everyone else's, but I have been crucified with Christ. And I die daily by grace through faith in the One who died and rose so that I can die to sin and live to righteousness.

Jesus is IN us, and we are IN Him. How much closer can we get?? His sheep hear His voice!

I am on standby....enjoy.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is mystic talk--that the truth is above or beyond us. God brings it to our level. He makes Himself known. Even a child can understand the basics of who God is.... Of course, in a way, we have to come to Him as a little child--with that much innocent trust. But our lust for knowledge, to know things that God has not given us to know, can get in the way of understanding the simplest things about God and the simplest things about what it means to know Him, and this is what it's all about.

Again, you need to get out of the way and let the Holy Spirit work between me and Jane! Really!

You have been rude to me, and when I pointed it out, you said you weren't being rude (and I didn't have a man to defend me). Okay, whatever, I moved on. This is what adults do.

Well, here's one thing you and I agree on. I'm about as anti-denominational as you can get. However, I will not look to false religions to find truth as you have. That's putting poison in the well.

John 4:13--Jesus said, “Everyone who drinks from this water will get thirsty again. But whoever drinks from the water that I will give him will never get thirsty again — ever! In fact, the water I will give him will become a well of water springing up within him for eternal life.”

I never said I'm a good person. My sin nature is as rotten as everyone else's, but I have been crucified with Christ. And I die daily by grace through faith in the One who died and rose so that I can die to sin and live to righteousness.

Jesus is IN us, and we are IN Him. How much closer can we get?? His sheep hear His voice!

The absolute truth of the Trinity is well above our understanding.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No one is asking you to look to other religions. Stay within fundamentalism but have a good nature.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Close is good, try using him as an example.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How so? Maybe be nicer...like Jesus??

Or perhaps you think I should emulate you.

You do not want to emulate me, I am an OX. If anyone knew the meaning of the scriptures, Christ did. He is walking scriptures, scriptures in motion..study Him, His attitude, His love, then read the scriptures.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not want to emulate me, I am an OX. If anyone knew the meaning of the scriptures, Christ did. He is walking scriptures, scriptures in motion..study Him, His attitude, His love, then read the scriptures.
You don't think I've studied Jesus, His words, His life?? How about if I emulate this Jesus:

Matt 23:1-36 (HCSB)
Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples: “The scribes and the Pharisees are seated in the chair of Moses. Therefore do whatever they tell you, and observe it. But don’t do what they do, because they don’t practice what they teach. They tie up heavy loads that are hard to carry and put them on people’s shoulders, but they themselves aren’t willing to lift a finger to move them. They do everything to be observed by others: They enlarge their phylacteries and lengthen their tassels. They love the place of honor at banquets, the front seats in the synagogues, greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called ‘ Rabbi’ by people.

“But as for you, do not be called ‘Rabbi,’ because you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. Do not call anyone on earth your father, because you have one Father, who is in heaven. And do not be called masters either, because you have one Master, the Messiah. The greatest among you will be your servant. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You lock up the kingdom of heaven from people. For you don’t go in, and you don’t allow those entering to go in.

[ “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You devour widows’ houses and make long prayers just for show. This is why you will receive a harsher punishment. ]

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as fit for hell as you are!

“Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘Whoever takes an oath by the sanctuary, it means nothing. But whoever takes an oath by the gold of the sanctuary is bound by his oath.’ Blind fools! For which is greater, the gold or the sanctuary that sanctified the gold? Also, ‘Whoever takes an oath by the altar, it means nothing. But whoever takes an oath by the gift that is on it is bound by his oath.’ Blind people! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? Therefore, the one who takes an oath by the altar takes an oath by it and by everything on it. The one who takes an oath by the sanctuary takes an oath by it and by Him who dwells in it. And the one who takes an oath by heaven takes an oath by God’s throne and by Him who sits on it.

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You pay a tenth of mint, dill, and cumin, yet you have neglected the more important matters of the law — justice, mercy, and faith. These things should have been done without neglecting the others. Blind guides! You strain out a gnat, yet gulp down a camel!

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence! Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup, so the outside of it may also become clean.

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which appear beautiful on the outside, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and every impurity. In the same way, on the outside you seem righteous to people, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You build the tombs of the prophets and decorate the monuments of the righteous, and you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we wouldn’t have taken part with them in shedding the prophets’ blood.’ You, therefore, testify against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers’ sins!

Snakes! Brood of vipers! How can you escape being condemned to hell? This is why I am sending you prophets, sages, and scribes. Some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will flog in your synagogues and hound from town to town. So all the righteous blood shed on the earth will be charged to you, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar. I assure you: All these things will come on this generation!
***You see, Grailhunter, Jesus wasn't "nice." That's the world's standard. He was kind, but he didn't mince words. He loved others enough to speak the truth to them because HE IS THE TRUTH!

The world would have us play nice, but Jesus would have us love others as He did and does. Please, don't lecture me about how I should be like my Lord. He is my life.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't think I've studied Jesus, His words, His life?? How about if I emulate this Jesus:

Matt 23:1-36 (HCSB)
Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples: “The scribes and the Pharisees are seated in the chair of Moses. Therefore do whatever they tell you, and observe it. But don’t do what they do, because they don’t practice what they teach. They tie up heavy loads that are hard to carry and put them on people’s shoulders, but they themselves aren’t willing to lift a finger to move them. They do everything to be observed by others: They enlarge their phylacteries and lengthen their tassels. They love the place of honor at banquets, the front seats in the synagogues, greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called ‘ Rabbi’ by people.

“But as for you, do not be called ‘Rabbi,’ because you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. Do not call anyone on earth your father, because you have one Father, who is in heaven. And do not be called masters either, because you have one Master, the Messiah. The greatest among you will be your servant. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You lock up the kingdom of heaven from people. For you don’t go in, and you don’t allow those entering to go in.

[ “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You devour widows’ houses and make long prayers just for show. This is why you will receive a harsher punishment. ]

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as fit for hell as you are!

“Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘Whoever takes an oath by the sanctuary, it means nothing. But whoever takes an oath by the gold of the sanctuary is bound by his oath.’ Blind fools! For which is greater, the gold or the sanctuary that sanctified the gold? Also, ‘Whoever takes an oath by the altar, it means nothing. But whoever takes an oath by the gift that is on it is bound by his oath.’ Blind people! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? Therefore, the one who takes an oath by the altar takes an oath by it and by everything on it. The one who takes an oath by the sanctuary takes an oath by it and by Him who dwells in it. And the one who takes an oath by heaven takes an oath by God’s throne and by Him who sits on it.

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You pay a tenth of mint, dill, and cumin, yet you have neglected the more important matters of the law — justice, mercy, and faith. These things should have been done without neglecting the others. Blind guides! You strain out a gnat, yet gulp down a camel!

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence! Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup, so the outside of it may also become clean.

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which appear beautiful on the outside, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and every impurity. In the same way, on the outside you seem righteous to people, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You build the tombs of the prophets and decorate the monuments of the righteous, and you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we wouldn’t have taken part with them in shedding the prophets’ blood.’ You, therefore, testify against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers’ sins!

Snakes! Brood of vipers! How can you escape being condemned to hell? This is why I am sending you prophets, sages, and scribes. Some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will flog in your synagogues and hound from town to town. So all the righteous blood shed on the earth will be charged to you, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar. I assure you: All these things will come on this generation!
***You see, Grailhunter, Jesus wasn't "nice." That's the world's standard. He was kind, but he didn't mince words. He loved others enough to speak the truth to them because HE IS THE TRUTH!

The world would have us play nice, but Jesus would have us love others as He did and does. Please, don't lecture me about how I should be like my Lord. He is my life.

Who was He talking to? When Moslems interact with our military in the field they generally die. Life is not nice and neither am I.
But I temper my actions. You see a very different Christ than I do and that is because you are looking for that different Christ.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who was He talking to? When Moslems interact with our military in the field they generally die. Life is not nice and neither am I.
But I temper my actions. You see a very different Christ than I do and that is because you are looking for that different Christ.
Do you always temper your actions??

I see a different Jesus because I KNOW HIM! Do you? How much time have you spent reading and meditating on His words? How much time do you spend talking to Him everyday and listening for His voice? How much do you submit yourself to Him and obey Him?

Reactions: 4Jesus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Of course He's not defined by what anyone thinks of Him! I don't see anyone saying that here, so you're objecting to something that has not been stated or even implied. I believe this is a logical fallacy on your part.

But people can misrepresent who He is. IOW, they can get the facts wrong about Him. This is usually a defining feature of cults. They misrepresent who Jesus is.
You're right about how cults often operate, yes.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

I see a different Jesus because I KNOW HIM! Do you? How much time have you spent reading and meditating on His words? How much time do you spend talking to Him everyday and listening for His voice? How much do you submit yourself to Him and obey Him?
Prayer and the Scriptures are indeed basic to the truly Christian walk.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And this is where it has got'cha You think, pray, study, research, and meditate on His words from the negative. Read your own posts. Heaven help us if Christ had your heart and attitude and judgement.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this is where it has got'cha You think, pray, study, research, and meditate on His words from the negative. Read your own posts. Heaven help us if Christ had your heart and attitude and judgement.
And YOU have His heart?? Read HIS words!

Ah, but you've spent a lot of time filling your mind with words that contradict the words of Jesus. It's poison in the well!

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ah, but you've spent a lot of time filling your mind with words that contradict the words of Jesus. It's poison on the well.

Ah, but you've spent a lot of time filling your mind with words that contradict the words of Jesus. It's poison on the well!
Your Ephesians 6.18 quote is very relevant, isn't it? :)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, but you've spent a lot of time filling your mind with words that contradict the words of Jesus. It's poison on the well.

Ah, but you've spent a lot of time filling your mind with words that contradict the words of Jesus. It's poison on the well!

It is outside your religion. Stay with fundamentalism.....coming out of that affects you negatively....It is as if you know nothing of the Christ that taught the Way to love God and love each other....you cannot be a representative of Christianity with all this negatively. You step out but it does not appear you have learned anything from the Bible itself.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is outside your religion. Stay with fundamentalism.....coming out of that affects you negatively....It is as if you know nothing of the Christ that taught the Way to love God and love each other....you cannot be a representative of Christianity with all this negatively. You step out but it does not appear you have learned anything from the Bible itself.
“Woe to you, blind guides....!" “Snakes! Brood of vipers! How can you escape being condemned to hell?"

Reactions: 4Jesus

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who want to give a lead spiritually really should make sure first of all that what they say is indeed in keeping with God's Word!

There is only a handful of Christian denominations that have this amount of negativity and judgmental spirit. But only one of those haunts this forum and that is Satan's own church....Calvinists.