Friday Night Live - Russia/Ukraine - Feb 25, 2022

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
im not too into it tbh barney...i mean, we wouldnt let them have Cuba, right? Whats the diff?
I just hate war and I'm sure you know my background (Seventh-day Adventist). We came so close to nuclear war in the Cuban standoff, and it was actually the Russians that stopped it--Khrushchev and Arkhipov.

The largest mobility of troops (200,000!) since WWII has eschatological implications in my mind, fwiw. I'm no cold warmonger, either, but what Vladimir is doing right now doesn't even make sense for Vladimir, again, in my mind. The global financial/social/political/ecological system is so volatile and fragile right now that almost anything could become a catalyst for apocalyptic conditions. I hope I didn't make you throw up a little in your mouth - lol. Always good to hear from you, BB. :)

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I haven’t listened to it all yet, but one thing that I had not considered was what the Russian people are hearing, Putin is lying about his reasons for what he is doing, and yet we know that their are riots taking place in Russia. This hopefully means that the people are finding ways to hear the truth. Putin will try and stop that…..so perhaps that is one thing we should pray for, that the truth will be heard by the Russian people.
Years ago it was the truth about Chernobyl that had a rippling effect and brought The Soviet Union down………which was amazing.

Did you see the Christians in the Ukraine subway praising God …….We cannot see or understand everything that God is doing within this situation right now, but we must trust that what is happening is not a surprise to God. There is so much speculation from Christians , we think we know so much , yet God is the only one that truly knows. We need to pray for all the leaders within Europe, because ultimately their choices and decisions will impact how this unfolds …………..

Once again ‘ Humility ‘ is mentioned. ‘ Humble yourself ‘ …..that’s often why God allowed wars !
Will watch the rest later x

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven’t listened to it all yet, but one thing that I had not considered was what the Russian people are hearing, Putin is lying about his reasons for what he is doing, and yet we know that their are riots taking place in Russia. This hopefully means that the people are finding ways to hear the truth. Putin will try and stop that…..so perhaps that is one thing we should pray for, that the truth will be heard by the Russian people.
Years ago it was the truth about Chernobyl that had a rippling effect and brought The Soviet Union down………which was amazing.

Did you see the Christians in the Ukraine subway praising God …….We cannot see or understand everything that God is doing within this situation right now, but we must trust that what is happening is not a surprise to God. There is so much speculation from Christians , we think we know so much , yet God is the only one that truly knows. We need to pray for all the leaders within Europe, because ultimately their choices and decisions will impact how this unfolds …………..

Once again ‘ Humility ‘ is mentioned. ‘ Humble yourself ‘ …..that’s often why God allowed wars !
Will watch the rest later x
In reality my research finds just the opposite

(RT) Russian Television is showing what western media hasn't shown, as the ethnic Russians in DonBass Ukraine have been in genocide for the past 8 years, laws created against speaking or teaching Russian, essential services interrupted gas, water, electricity, through Ukranian military bombings, houses burned down, untold citizens killed not affiliated with the DonBass military resistance?

The DonBass region has a Ukranian appointed government and military policing their streets, no democracy exists

Putin and the DonBass representatives have been seeking peace and dialogue for 8 years, with no movement by Ukraine's government, as Ukraine openly violates the Minsk agreement daily

It's the western world that is seeking to silence a free press, as the UK, and many other European nations are moving to silence (RT) in bans from their countries, as per my observation the only outlet showing the genocide in the DonBass, thats completely silent in the western media

It's the western world fake news in propaganda, as they light the fires of war, and have no interest in diplomatic peace in Ukraine, save Fox Tucker Carlson, NewsMax Eric Bolling, and a few others

Zelenskyy has little support within his own country of Ukraine, as men age 18-60 are in underground shelters, flooding buses, trains, and highways, leaving the country in the "Thousands" and they have no interest in fighting "none"!

Zelenskyy's best move for the country would be to vacate the government, and make way for another government to be formed, it will be mass bloodshed otherwise, and he has no chance of a win as he stands alone as the world watches "Step Down" Zelenskyy!

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So does that mean you agree with what Putin is doing now ?
So you believe that Russia is being completely open to its people in their media, that’s interesting, sorry I don’t buy that one at all. That’s not saying they they are not reporting some things , but I am pretty sure the media in Russia is well and truly controlled by the government.
That’s equally not saying that our press is any better !
I take on board what you have relayed, HIH posted a thread after I had posted on this one, and he said something similar……..
Rita

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

(RT) Russian Television is showing what western media hasn't shown, as the ethnic Russians in DonBass Ukraine have been in genocide for the past 8 years, laws created against speaking or teaching Russian, essential services interrupted gas, water, electricity, through Ukranian military bombings, houses burned down, untold citizens killed not affiliated with the DonBass military resistance?

The DonBass region has a Ukranian appointed government and military policing their streets, no democracy exists

Putin and the DonBass representatives have been seeking peace and dialogue for 8 years, with no movement by Ukraine's government, as Ukraine openly violates the Minsk agreement daily

It's the western world that is seeking to silence a free press, as the UK, and many other European nations are moving to silence (RT) in bans from their countries, as per my observation the only outlet showing the genocide in the DonBass, thats completely silent in the western media

It's the western world fake news in propaganda, as they light the fires of war, and have no interest in diplomatic peace in Ukraine, save Fox Tucker Carlson, NewsMax Eric Bolling, and a few others

Zelenskyy has little support within his own country of Ukraine, as men age 18-60 are in underground shelters, flooding buses, trains, and highways, leaving the country in the "Thousands" and they have no interest in fighting "none"!

Zelenskyy's best move for the country would be to vacate the government, and make way for another government to be formed, it will be mass bloodshed otherwise, and he has no chance of a win as he stands alone as the world watches "Step Down" Zelenskyy!
Yours is one perspective, and not to be ignored. Here's another...Ukraine facts:-
It would appear that the invasion of Ukraine had a lot to do with seizure of resources
For those who ask: “Why does Ukraine matter?" This is why Ukraine matters:
It is the second largest country in Europe by area and has a population of over 43 million persons - more than Poland by about 6 million.
Ukraine ranks:
1st in Europe in proven recoverable reserves of uranium ores;
2nd place in Europe and 10th place in the world in terms of titanium ore reserves;
2nd place in the world in terms of explored reserves of manganese ores (2.3 billion tons, or 12% of the world's reserves);
2nd largest iron ore reserves in the world (30 billion tons);
2nd place in Europe in terms of mercury ore reserves;
3rd place in Europe (13th place in the world) in shale gas reserves (22 trillion cubic meters)
4th in the world by the total value of natural resources;
7th place in the world in coal reserves (33.9 billion tons)
Ukraine is an important agricultural country:
1st in Europe in terms of arable land area;
3rd place in the world by the area of black soil (25% of world's volume);
1st place in the world in exports of sunflower and sunflower oil;
2nd place in the world in barley production and 4th place in barley exports;
3rd largest producer and 4th largest exporter of corn in the world;
4th largest producer of potatoes in the world;
5th largest rye producer in the world;
5th place in the world in bee production (75,000 tons);
8th place in the world in wheat exports;
9th place in the world in the production of chicken eggs;
16th place in the world in cheese exports.
Ukraine can meet the food needs of 600 million people.
Ukraine is an important industrialised country:
1st in Europe in ammonia production;
Europe's 2nd’s and the world’s 4th largest natural gas pipeline system;
3rd largest in Europe and 8th largest in the world in terms of installed capacity of nuclear power plants;
3rd place in Europe and 11th in the world in terms of rail network length (21,700 km);
3rd place in the world (after the U.S. and France) in production of locators and locating equipment;
3rd largest iron exporter in the world
4th largest exporter of turbines for nuclear power plants in the world;
4th world's largest manufacturer of rocket launchers;
4th place in the world in clay exports
4th place in the world in titanium exports
8th place in the world in exports of ores and concentrates;
9th place in the world in exports of defence industry products;
10th largest steel producer in the world (32.4 million tons).
Ukraine matters, and it’s people matter. That is why its independence is important to the rest of the world.

The corruptions and evil among leaders today throughout the world, should be taken intense notice of by every Christian...
Something to consider the Russia and Ukraine...
KJV Daniel 4:17
17 This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.
And Victoria... New Zealand... Canada... United States... In fact, are not the basest of men now ruling the earth? Where is the good man? The man of integrity? The statesman?
Is it not time to forgo your trust in men, and return to your Maker?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you believe that Russia is being completely open to its people in their media...
Russia is not any different than the old Soviet Union and Putin's government has trampled on the people for ages. Furthermore disinformation is Putin's specialty. But what needs to be emphasized is that Biden has been doing absolutely everything in his power to strengthen Putin and provoke his attack on Ukraine. He has not stopped the flow of billions of dollars to Russia for oil imported to the USA (when America was actually energy independent under Trump). He has also not sanctioned Vladimir Putin personally. Furthermore he has flown to Delaware in the midst of an international crisis. And he has no business sending American troops as cannon fodder when he did virtually nothing to stop Putin's aggression.

Ukraine is a sovereign country, therefore Putin has no right to tell Ukraine what to do or not do. So all his excuses for invading Ukraine are just a pretense, just like all of Trudeau's lies against the truckers were a pretense to establish tyranny in Canada.

Now he has threatened to attack Finland and Sweden if they join NATO. But the question remains -- ever since Putin invaded Crimea, why have all these countries to the West of Russia been sitting on their hands instead of making their own defense pact without bothering with NATO? Had the following countries come together to defend themselves against Russian aggression and also take back Crimea, Putin would not have dared to do what he just did -- Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Ukraine, Poland, Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Romania.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ronald Nolette

The three men on the right are Ukrainian and Russian. They mostly talk about how bad war is, the conditions and viewpoints of the people on the ground, the fact that they are all really brothers--children of God, and last but not least, the need for help and fervent prayers. A few times, it is brought up that the scenarios of Russia attacking Israel are eschatologically misguided, but that anything of such a magnitude could precipitate apocalyptic conditions.

I actually watched the whole thing (which is somewhat unusual for me with my short attention span and distractibility) and although the situation does trouble me a fair amount, I could have recalled some of it incorrectly.

I can say that it was intentionally unspectacular, knowing Doug Batchelor's ministry as I do. He tends to quite purposefully avoid stirring people up into any kind of fanatical fervor that might encourage politicalism in matters of Christian faith. He is a very wise and godly man and he has given many years of faithful service to the cause of Christ. Unfortunately, his style of speaking does not hold my attention for long. He is immensely popular among conservative Adventists.

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Ronald Nolette

The three men on the right are Ukrainian and Russian. They mostly talk about how bad war is, the conditions and viewpoints of the people on the ground, the fact that they are all really brothers--children of God, and last but not least, the need for help and fervent prayers. A few times, it is brought up that the scenarios of Russia attacking Israel are eschatologically misguided, but that anything of such a magnitude could precipitate apocalyptic conditions.

I actually watched the whole thing (which is somewhat unusual for me with my short attention span and distractibility) and although the situation does trouble me a fair amount, I could have recalled some of it incorrectly.

I can say that it was intentionally unspectacular, knowing Doug Batchelor's ministry as I do. He tends to quite purposefully avoid stirring people up into any kind of fanatical fervor that might encourage politicalism in matters of Christian faith. He is a very wise and godly man and he has given many years of faithful service to the cause of Christ. Unfortunately, his style of speaking does not hold my attention for long. He is immensely popular among conservative Adventists.
That's a fair summation Barney. Doug has deliberately downplayed, even avoided, any apocalyptic or prophetic overtones, preferring to focus more on the human side and the reluctance of those on the ground to allow such hostilities to taint their personal relationships. It's a war between governments. The people are victims of their own leadership on both sides. An appearance of and escalation of hatred toward Russians and/or Ukrainians by those who ought to be supposedly neutral was something I suspect Doug was trying to avoid in the way he presented the interview. The last thing anyone wants is a repeat of what took place with the Japanese in America during the second world war.

Reactions: BarneyFife

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BarnyFife
Sorry, my friend, but do not expect much from me on the political issues. I want to be on God's side. Do we suppose that the Ukraine being apparently the underdog will really seek God in this? Has Russia done so?

Do you suppose God would want the USA to intervene militarily in the conflict? What do the civil powers that be here in the U.S. of A. really want? Do they even ask Him sincerely to direct their leadership of our homeland?

Then again, should we go to war to defend the innocents living in the Ukraine against aggression? [Or any innocents also in danger on the other side?] It would surprise me greatly to hear someone with actual authority to really press to do that. Even if they wanted to... could the USA make it all better? Could mankind make it all better?

I do say, Let us pray... but not for what any man on this forum or in Washington DC believes would be the best solution. Rather, let us pray that God's will be done in the whole thing! Who among us knows what that is?

Would He perhaps like both sides to beat their swords in plowshares instead of spilling blood?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BarnyFife
Sorry, my friend, but do not expect much from me on the political issues. I want to be on God's side. Do we suppose that the Ukraine being apparently the underdog will really seek God in this? Has Russia done so?

Do you suppose God would want the USA to intervene militarily in the conflict? What do the civil powers that be here in the U.S. of A. really want? Do they even ask Him sincerely to direct their leadership of our homeland?

Then again, should we go to war to defend the innocents living in the Ukraine against aggression? [Or any innocents also in danger on the other side?] It would surprise me greatly to hear someone with actual authority to really press to do that. Even if they wanted to... could the USA make it all better? Could mankind make it all better?

I do say, Let us pray... but not for what any man on this forum or in Washington DC believes would be the best solution. Rather, let us pray that God's will be done in the whole thing! Who among us knows what that is?

Would He perhaps like both sides to beat their swords in plowshares instead of spilling blood?
Actually, John, I got more than I expected from you on the political view of the situation. I have absolutely -zero- political skin in the game. I apologize if I suggested otherwise.

In any case, as always, your input is valued and welcomed, my friend. :)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is that why there have been Russian troops in the Donbass for years? Is that why they speak Russian? Is that why they use the Russian Ruble? Is that why they have Russian passports? Is they why the Donbass separatists have been waging war for years against Ukraine? You need to do better research.