Gabriel’s message to Daniel is extremely relevant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For from the rising of the sun, even to its setting, my name is great among the nations; And everywhere they bring sacrifice to my name, and a pure offering; For great is my name among the nations, says the LORD of hosts.
It is most unwise to misapply Scriptures.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I've been reading or studying biblical prophecy for almost 50 years now. ...
Correction: You'd studied IDIOTS for almost 50 years. -- Both they and you have defied the angel's instructions, and the results are apparent. Now if you'd listened to the Scholars observations instead of the commentators conclusions, you might have learned something.

My view of the 10 and 7 is that ... They are 7 heads and 10 horns.

Is English a SECOND LANGUAGE? The question WAS and STILL IS:

• Rev. 12 says SEVEN - D I A D E M S; but Rev. 13 says TEN - D I A D E M S.
What happened? Why the difference? What's going on?

And you rebuke ME? Answer the question, or dodge it like most "religious" people. I've got PASTORS who LIE, DECEIVE, and DEFLECT from answering questions, so you won't be the first.
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is most unwise to misapply Scriptures.

1. On the Lord's Day of the Lord come together, break bread and hold Eucharist, after confessing your transgressions that your offering may be pure;
2. But let none who has a quarrel with his fellow join in your meeting until they be reconciled, that your sacrifice be not defiled.
3. For this is that which was spoken by the Lord, "In every place and time offer me a pure sacrifice, for I am a great king," saith the Lord, "and my name is wonderful among the heathen."

~The Didache~

Peace be with you!

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. On the Lord's Day of the Lord come together, break bread and hold Eucharist, after confessing your transgressions that your offering may be pure;
2. But let none who has a quarrel with his fellow join in your meeting until they be reconciled, that your sacrifice be not defiled.
3. For this is that which was spoken by the Lord, "In every place and time offer me a pure sacrifice, for I am a great king," saith the Lord, "and my name is wonderful among the heathen."

I wish all would abide by your advice, but so many are so mired in their doctrines that they REFUSE to consider what Scripture and History actually demand, apparently because it will doom their "religion" (i.e. "church"). -- And in my experience, the more "religious" a person is, the less able to reconcile their doctrines.

So if you expect to change most people's minds, I wish you luck. Alternately if you'd like to have an intelligent discussion, then I'd be more than happy to converse.
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correction: You'd studied IDIOTS for almost 50 years. -- Both they and you have defied the angel's instructions, and the results are apparent. Now if you'd listened to the Scholars observations instead of the commentators conclusions, you might have learned something.

Is English a SECOND LANGUAGE? The question WAS and STILL IS:

• Rev. 12 says SEVEN - D I A D E M S; but Rev. 13 says TEN - D I A D E M S.

And you rebuke ME? Answer the question, or dodge it like most "religious" people. I've got PASTORS who LIE, DECEIVE, and DEFLECT from answering questions, so you won't be the first.
Bobby Jo

I answered your question in post #118. You are an ungodly person. I'm disinterested in anything you have to say. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but no more...

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bobby Jo said:
Rev. 12 says SEVEN - D I A D E M S; but Rev. 13 says TEN - D I A D E M S.

Randy Kluth said:
They are 7 heads and 10 horns.

I answered your question in post #118.

YOU DID NOT answer my question. I asked about the DIADEMS, and you answered with Heads and Horns.

So exactly who is lacking in his "performance"?!? Unthinking -- Religious people --, what can you say ...
Bobby Jo

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bobby Jo said:
Rev. 12 says SEVEN - D I A D E M S; but Rev. 13 says TEN - D I A D E M S.

Randy Kluth said:
They are 7 heads and 10 horns.

YOU DID NOT answer my question. I asked about the DIADEMS, and you answered with Heads and Horns.

So exactly who is lacking in his "performance"?!? Unthinking -- Religious people --, what can you say ...
Bobby Jo

Because you don't even try to be respectful I'm not interested in discussing anything with you. The answer was, in fact, in post #118.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you don't even try to be respectful I'm not interested in discussing anything with you. The answer was, in fact, in post #118.

Why am I "dishonest and disreputable?" I'm interested on this forum in engaging fellow Christians and even others in as respectful a way as I can, while still stating how I really feel. I would consider you friendly if you would even try to be that.

Have you considered that "diadems" is the equivalent of "crowns?" My version uses the word "crowns." And that's how I dealt with "diadems" in post #118. You are probably using a UK translation--I most often use the NIV.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FINE:

Rev. 12 says SEVEN CROWNS, but Rev. 13 says TEN CROWNS.

Bobby Jo

Different translations. "Crowns" = "Diadems" from Greek "διαδηματα"
In post #118 my translation uses the word "crowns." It is the same Greek word translated "diadems" in your Bible.

Rev 13.1 And I saw a beast rising out of the sea, with ten horns and seven heads, with ten diadems on its horns and blasphemous names on its heads.
(ESVUK)

Rev 13.1 The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. (NIV)

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... "Crowns" = "Diadems" ...

Yep. Dishonest and disreputable. You dodge the question because you don't have an answer. -- Couldn't see that one coming.

Bobby Jo asks:
Who was the first man to walk on the moon.
Randy Kluth answers:
The moon is 238k miles from the earth.

Liars and religious people. -- Who can tell the difference?!?
Bobby Jo

To All,

A former friend, a "pastor", is a former friend because he makes unfounded/unsubstantiated assertions/accusations and when challenged: diverts the issue; changes the subject; etc. I employed his son for handyman projects, and -- SURPRISE --, his son does the same thing. And not to impugn the son, but he recently completed serving time in a Penitentiary. So if society judges the son, will GOD not judge the father? And if the father, not also @Randy Kluth for the same nonsense?

We're called to integrity, not dishonesty.
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. Dishonest and disreputable. You dodge the question because you don't have an answer. -- Couldn't see that one coming.

Bobby Jo asks:
Who was the first man to walk on the moon.
Randy Kluth answers:
The moon is 238k miles from the earth.

Bobby Jo

To All,

A former friend, a "pastor", is a former friend because he makes unfounded/unsubstantiated assertions/accusations and when challenged: diverts the issue; changes the subject; etc. I employed his son for handyman projects, and -- SURPRISE --, his son does the same thing. And not to impugn the son, but he recently completed serving time in a Penitentiary. So if society judges the son, will GOD not judge the father? And if the father, not also @Randy Kluth for the same nonsense?

We're called to integrity, not dishonesty.
Bobby Jo

I would refer any readers to my previous discussion with Bobby Jo, who obviously "has issues." Bobby Jo is accusing me of not dealing with "diadems" simply because I used the word "crowns." And Bobby Jo casts insults on me for that? My issue with this person is that no discussion with him can take place without him being disagreeable and nasty. That obviously is not changing, and I will not engage him in any more theological/biblical discussions.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bobby Jo
Correction. No one can tell the difference. Why ask a question that does not have an answer? Why is it important to belittle people? Perhaps there is no answer, because none is apparent? Jesus' message is also important, Matthew 7:1-5
“Don’t judge, so that you won’t be judged.
2 For the way you judge others is how you will be judged — the measure with which you measure out will be used to measure to you.
3 Why do you see the splinter in your brother’s eye but not notice the log in your own eye?
4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the splinter out of your eye,’ when you have the log in your own eye?
5 You hypocrite! First, take the log out of your own eye; then you will see clearly, so that you can remove the splinter from your brother’s eye!

Reactions: Randy Kluth

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Bobby Jo is accusing me of not dealing with "diadems" simply because I used the word "crowns." ...

Bobby Jo said, (Post #130)​

FINE:

To All,

@Randy Kluth is plainly incorrect, and appears to be an unrepentant LIAR, exactly as my former "pastor" friend. Christianity is FILLED with people who are imperfect, and are CONTENT with their imperfections. But I don't think Heaven will be similarly filled.

Time to move on, and let GOD deal with them.
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am curious Stan.....how can you take a time prophecy where a starting time is given with continuing details then chop the last portion off and make it apply to some unknown time thousands of years in the future ?
How could Jesus read a prophesy in the synagogue that He stopped mid passage, because the rest of the passage was thousands of years in the future?
There was an ending time for the Dan 9 prophesy also, not just a start time. That end part cannot possibly be over and fulfilled until you see everlasting righteousness and etc. So it is still in the future.

Would it not be more appropriate if a seperate prophecy was given altogether applying to a 'week' in the far future rather than butchering the the continuum of the given prophecy?
Since the words were hid for thousands of years, it seems appropriate to word it like He did via His angel direct from His throne!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correction. No one can tell the difference. Why ask a question that does not have an answer? Why is it important to belittle people? Perhaps there is no answer, because none is apparent? Jesus' message is also important, Matthew 7:1-5
“Don’t judge, so that you won’t be judged.
2 For the way you judge others is how you will be judged — the measure with which you measure out will be used to measure to you.
3 Why do you see the splinter in your brother’s eye but not notice the log in your own eye?
4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the splinter out of your eye,’ when you have the log in your own eye?
5 You hypocrite! First, take the log out of your own eye; then you will see clearly, so that you can remove the splinter from your brother’s eye!

Brother, this Bobby Jo is so "out of his mind with hate" that he can't even listen to me explain. I did answer his question about differences between 7 diadems and 10 diadems in post #118. He thought I was diverting to 7 heads and 10 horns--that was a mistake on his part. I did answer what I thought was the reason for the differences between 7 diadems and 10 diadems. Only I used the word "crowns" for "diadems," since my own version uses the word "crowns." The Greek word can be translated either "diadems" or "crowns."

I did *not* divert to 7 heads and 10 horns. I directly addressed the issue of "crowns," or "diadems." The person either lacks reading comprehension or is so enraged at my disagreeing with him or just stating my opinion that he misread what I said, and then falsely accused me of diverting.

So for your information, I did answer the question in post #118. Bobby Jo proudly insists on continuing to accuse me falsely, and doubles down on it by calling me "dishonest." This is a bad person, and a very messed-up person. Quite frankly, the person shouldn't be on a Christian forum like this.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bobby Jo said, (Post #130)​

FINE:

To All,

@Randy Kluth is plainly incorrect, and appears to be an unrepentant LIAR, exactly as my former "pastor" friend. Christianity is FILLED with people who are imperfect, and are CONTENT with their imperfections. But I don't think Heaven will be similarly filled.

Time to move on, and let GOD deal with them.
Bobby Jo

You are slandering me. I would recommend that anybody who listens to you go back and read our conversation, and not take your accusations seriously. You either didn't read or didn't understand my post #118! You have completely misrepresented what I did.

I did *not* divert from 7 diadems and 10 diadems to 7 heads and 10 horns.

I did in fact address the issue of diadems, although I used the alternative translation, "crowns."

All of your accusations stem from your failure to recognize these 2 facts. Read post #118, and all readers can see that what I'm saying is 100% true. Really, you owe me and the forum an apology. But I don't think you're a good enough Christian to do this.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Timtofly said:
Why is it important to belittle people?

That is one way that insecure people build themselves up.

People often mistake a rebuke for a slander, --but the difference is holding a person accountable, versus an unfounded accusation. And some people REFUSE to be held accountable, as in the case of @Enoch111, who refuses to defend his own False Doctrines.

Of course a mature Christian stands, presents, and defends.
Bobby Jo