Galatians 5

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is about what we do, but it is not about what we choose, it is about God choosing to lead us.
(I have been listening to Jesus.)
  • [John 10:26-30 NASB] 26 "But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 "My Father, who has given [them] to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch [them] out of the Father's hand. 30 "I and the Father are one."

Right, He (Jesus) is Who we are to listen to, and He gave us The Holy Spirit Comforter to guide us, IF... we listen to Him and do what He shows us. That is why He will give our inner spirit little nudge in warning when we are getting ready to mess up. If we instead choose to follow our flesh, it can lead to placing ourselves back under God's laws which were made for the sinner and ungodly.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Books of Galatians and Romans are foundational Books of Christian doctrine. Apostle Paul did not contradict himself in 1 Timothy 1 nor Galatians 5 when explaining how we are to walk in The Spirit which is how he meant for us to be in Christ. Nor did Apostle Paul teach anywhere... in his Epistles that all of God's laws are now done away with in Christ. What he did teach was that we... are dead to the law IF... we walk by The Spirit, and he further explained that walking by The Spirit means doing good works, for which there is no law against (Gal.5).

It's obvious here that some of my Christian brethren have little clue as to what all Apostle Paul taught in his Epistles, because of their listening to some man that picks and chooses only certain passages in order to try and create a foreign doctrine that Paul did not teach. Because of those kind of teachers in some of today's pulpits, many brethren are constantly getting in trouble with their flesh because they think there is no more law against their sin they still commit.

Jesus did not nail all of God's law to the cross. He nailed only the laws dealing with the blood ordinances and religious ritual. God's laws against murder, rape, thefts, perjury, etc., the very things Apostle Paul taught in 1 Timothy 1 and Galatians 5, are still in effect for sinners today! It's those who love... sin and chaos that are trying to remove those laws from today's Christian society.

You are on track. Now how can some "pick and choose" the scriptures? Can you not see that both sides "pick and choose" scriptures and fling them like arrows instead of finding the truth between them.....keep going.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is about what we do, but it is not about what we choose, it is about God choosing to lead us.

Time to revisit what you said.

What Apostle Paul said in Gal.5 that we are not under the law IF we walk by The Spirit is not the same idea above in red.

Gal 5:16
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulful the lust of the flesh.
KJV

Then he immediately gave an example of walking by our flesh, which God's law is still against.

Then he gave an example of what it means to walk by The Spirit...

Gal 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

KJV

The matter is really simple; those who do the works of the flesh do not walk in The Spirit.

So it is... all about what we choose and do, and not about God choosing for us.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A strong accusation from someone who quotes scripture and reverses its meaning from God leading people by the Spirit to man choosing to do right under his own power.

I already showed how YOU reversed what Apostle Paul said in Galatians 5 of the meaning of walking in The Spirit. So you really ought to walk carefully before that mouth continues to overload your spirit with more false accusations.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say you were a false teacher.

But your omitting Galatians 5 does point to something, especially since that Gal.5 Scripture has been pointed to on this thread more than once on this matter.

There is a plethora of scriptures that you have omitted from the conversation. In quoting Galatians 5:16-21, you have omitted every other scripture in the Bible.

You have certainly not quoted Matthew 7:21-23; and therefore you have omitted that scripture from the equation.

You have certainly not quoted Romans 4:1-8; and therefore you have omitted that scripture from the equation.

You have certainly not quoted Titus 3:4-7; and therefore you have omitted that scripture from the equation.

You might say, I was not omitting those scriptures; I was simply focusing on a different set of scriptures: I cannot quote every scripture in the Bible when I am saying something! Because that is too extensive...you are holding me to a standard that no one can live up to!

I would say the same to you.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are on track. Now how can some "pick and choose" the scriptures? Can you not see that both sides "pick and choose" scriptures and fling them like arrows instead of finding the truth between them.....keep going.

No, you have the wrong idea, wrong thinking. It's not about 'sides'. It's about keeping God's Holy Writ as written, and not allowing men's doctrines to creep in.

The whole of God's Word must be understood, and with Paul's Epistles, that includes chapters like Romans 7, 1 Timothy 1, and Galatians 5 regarding the shortcomings of our flesh.

And in Luke 11, with how our Lord Jesus taught to pray, we should know better than go against His requirement there to ask Him forgiveness of our sins, meaning we will still have future sins that we will need to take to Him because we all fall short of the glory of God.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you have the wrong idea, wrong thinking. It's not about 'sides'. It's about keeping God's Holy Writ as written, and not allowing men's doctrines to creep in.

The whole of God's Word must be understood, and with Paul's Epistles, that includes chapters like Romans 7, 1 Timothy 1, and Galatians 5 regarding the shortcomings of our flesh.

And in Luke 11, with how our Lord Jesus taught to pray, we should know better than go against His requirement there to ask Him forgiveness of our sins, meaning we will still have future sins that we will need to take to Him because we all fall short of the glory of God.

No I have it right, you are chasing your tail! lol

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a plethora of scriptures that you have omitted from the conversation. In quoting Galatians 5:16-21, you have omitted every other scripture in the Bible.

What kind of reasoning is that? Do you think my not covering every bit of Scripture in a post makes me guilty of not having studied all of God's Word?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you cover all of Romans 7 for me then?

I'd like to understand how you understand it.

You got me wrong! I agree with both sides. And I am being a little rough, in trying to kick your minds in actions. That does not mean I think you are stupid. I think right here, in this group you can figure it out. With no Law there is no violation. That is a definitive statement and the over all thought of Paul....period. Then you have all the scriptures in all of the NT that warn against sinning and not to sin. So you have to figure out what is the explanation of that. I am saying you guys can figure it out. Confident in you. Dry sense of humor I have. Its fun watching intelligent and devoted Christians choose to go in circles instead of putting their head together in fellowship and figuring this riddle out.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
(I have been listening to Jesus.)
  • [John 10:26-30 NASB] 26 "But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 "My Father, who has given [them] to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch [them] out of the Father's hand. 30 "I and the Father are one."
You dislike answering me.
But I can still write to YOU.

We follow who we CHOOSE to follow.

As you know A,,,your problem is that you don't believe in free will.

FIRST
We hear His voice.

SECOND
We CHOOSE Jesus as our shepherd and so He KNOWS US.

THIRD
We follow Him BECAUSE we have CHOSEN Him as our shepherd.

Yeah, as you love to say:
You're always putting the horse before the card.

• upload_2019-7-28_1-25-17.jpeg

Reactions: Grailhunter

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What kind of reasoning is that? Do you think my not covering every bit of Scripture in a post makes me guilty of not having studied all of God's Word?
Do you think that because I failed to mention Galatians 5:16-21 in a post that was in response to a post that mentioned it, that that makes me guilty of not having studied all of God's word; or that it makes me guilty of not taking Galatians 5:16-21 into account?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
instead of putting their head together in fellowship and figuring this riddle out.

The riddle is very simply figured out, if anyone would re-read the following posts (re-quoted for you here):

Think about how the following verses apply to each other:

[Rom 6:14 KJV] 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

[Rom 7:4, 6 KJV] 4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, [even] to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. ... 6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter.

[Gal 2:19 KJV] 19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

[Eph 2:15-16 KJV] 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace; 16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

[Col 2:14 KJV] 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

[Heb 7:18 KJV] 18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
[Rom 4:15 KJV] 15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, [there is] no transgression.

[Rom 5:13 KJV] 13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

I would say that the above verses (which speak of the taking away of our condemnation because of the law) only apply to those who have been given the love of the Lord, in whose hearts and minds the law of the Lord has been written:

[Rom 5:5 KJV] 5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

[Rom 13:8-10 KJV] 8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

[Rom 8:4, 7 KJV] 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. ... 7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

[1Jo 5:3 KJV] 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

[2Jo 1:6 KJV] 6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

[Heb 8:8-10 KJV] 8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10 For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

[Heb 10:16 KJV] 16 This [is] the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The riddle is very simply figured out, if anyone would re-read the following posts (re-quoted for you here):

instead of putting their head together in fellowship and figuring this riddle out.

lol you think that only you are right. That is the problem...Keep chasing your tails.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

lol you think that only you are right. That is the problem...Keep chasing your tails.
"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really....I am always open to any new information that anyone might have to offer.

Number one, you are not open, oh my. Intelligent you are, but must have a three inch skull. Here is the thing. When it comes to scriptures, wisdom given is unappreciated and often trample under foot. Wisdom found is a treasure for the rest of your life. There has to be a answer to why so many people have good, god inspired scriptures that do not make a singular point.