gay christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a very complex subject that gets oversimplified by Christians.

Define homosexuality. What do you mean?

Do you mean a sex act between those of the same sex?
What about a person that was born with same sex attraction? Is that homosexuality?
What about a woman with high testosterone levels, or a man with high estrogen levels? Gay?
Is gender dysphoria homosexuality? Shall I continue?

/
I think that you are buying the propaganda campaigns and not the truth.

It's a horrible thing. I hate saying what I must. I don't like discussing sin.

God is not in this for the vast majority of humanity. Just a few. A "netzer" or remnant.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that you are buying the propaganda campaigns and not the truth.

It's a horrible thing. I hate saying what I must. I don't like discussing sin.
Okay. So...
- Are you saying that a person born with same sex attraction is a sinner?
- Are you saying that a woman with high testosterone levels, or a man with high estrogen levels is a sinner?
- Are you saying that gender dysphoria is a sin?

/

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Since all sins are already forgiven past present and future,

The offer of Salvation through Christ, is universal, but the application of Salvation is Faith based.

So, the heresy of "universal" salvation (everyone is already saved). is just one more lie of the Devil, taught by people who are led of Him.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. So...
- Are you saying that a person born with same sex attraction is a sinner?
- Are you saying that a woman with high testosterone levels, or a man with high estrogen levels is a sinner?
- Are you saying that gender dysphoria is a sin?

/
No one is born with same sex attraction. That's a repeated lie by the homosexual activists...one science has NEVER confirmed....because it is simply not possible.

High testosterone levels for women or high estrogen levels for men are a result of an endocrine disorder. It's called PCOS in women....I can't remember the name for the men's endocrine disorder. But diabetes and thyroid problems are also customary for these people.

Gender dysphoria is usually the result of some sort of trauma as a child or young adult but can be as an older adult also experiencing trauma. Which brings up the point of several highly intelligent psychologists that have repeatedly demonstrated and explained ad-nauseum how feeding into a person's trauma by endorsing their mental illness is the worst thing the psychiatric community can do. And that its only happening because its just because it's politically popular at the moment. Some people with a sexual fetish have been labeled with gender dysphoria...it's out of control in the mental health community. Along the lines of creating an opiate addiction for someone with a broken leg so they stop feeling the pain.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to judge the fruits of the Spirit....do you really need me to provide the verses?

As far as eternal Judgement? Of course that's God's job and not mine...nor do I want it.
LOL! You REALLY think *you* are qualified to judge?

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! You REALLY think *you* are qualified to judge?hris
Born again from above Christians can Judge. How else are we to test on spiritual things without the gift that the Holy Spirit enables us to do.

1 Corinthians 2:14-16 - But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do we single out one sin to make that claim?

--- Parody ---

Conversation between Christian protester and doughnut shop patron. (customer)

Patron: What are doing picketing a donut shop?
Protester: I'm protesting the sin of gluttony.
Patron: Why on earth would you do that?
Protester: Gluttony is a sin, this has to stop.
Patron: Not everyone who buys a donut is a glutton.
Protester: We can't say that for sure.
Patron: Don't you have gluttony at your church?
Protester: No, we kicked them all out, unless they would repent.
Patron: Wow, for eating donuts?
Protester: No, gluttony takes many forms.
Patron: Right, like a church pot-luck dinner?
Protester: Exactly, they are banned at our church.
Patron: Did you know that some people are born with
weight-gain issues they will never get ahead of?
Protester: That's no excuse. Sin is sin.
Patron: You look exhausted, can I buy you a donut.
Protester: Sure, just don't tell the church.
Patron: Your secret's safe with me.

/
Why do you assail Christians when you don't respect our beliefs or the scripture.

The thread asked about gay Christians. The thread inquired of one particular abomination,sin. And God long ago gave his answer. You don't have to like it. However,you will answer for it if you don't repent.

And that's all there is to it. Christianity isn't tolerant. Christianity isn't Woke.

• Love
Reactions: JohnDB and marks

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! You REALLY think *you* are qualified to judge?
Laugh.
Yes,Christians are entitled to use righteous judgement,afforded by following God's directives.

If you are a sexually active sodomite you are a damned sinner.

Don't come to our community any more than you'd dare walk down the center aisle of a true Bible teaching church and think you're going to cast aspersions upon God's word and change things. Churches will toss you out. The foolish will try to reason you out of trolling.

Your compulsion is un-natural for humans. And ab-normal. And in our faith an abominable sin.

Deal with it. Or don't. It's your eternity.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is born with same sex attraction. That's a repeated lie by the homosexual activists...one science has NEVER confirmed....because it is simply not possible.
Not true.
I was in a support group at church with a Christian man that still still struggles with same-sex attraction.
It doesn't go away typically.
High testosterone levels for women or high estrogen levels for men are a result of an endocrine disorder. It's called PCOS in women....I can't remember the name for the men's endocrine disorder. But diabetes and thyroid problems are also customary for these people.
So, you don't consider it a sin then. Good.
Gender dysphoria is usually the result of some sort of trauma as a child or young adult but can be as an older adult also experiencing trauma. Which brings up the point of several highly intelligent psychologists that have repeatedly demonstrated and explained ad-nauseum how feeding into a person's trauma by endorsing their mental illness is the worst thing the psychiatric community can do. And that its only happening because its just because it's politically popular at the moment. Some people with a sexual fetish have been labeled with gender dysphoria...it's out of control in the mental health community. Along the lines of creating an opiate addiction for someone with a broken leg so they stop feeling the pain.
There are a quite a number of parents testimonies of children who had 4 or 5 year olds who gravitated to the opposite gender.
A lot of videos from Ted Talks on the subject. Here's just one.

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you assail Christians when you don't respect our beliefs or the scripture.
I'm challenging you, not assailing you.
The thread asked about gay Christians. The thread inquired of one particular abomination,sin. And God long ago gave his answer. You don't have to like it. However,you will answer for it if you don't repent.
It's not a sin to stand up for an oppressed group of individuals.
The church needs to come to grips with this issue.
It;s being handled very poorly. IMHO

/

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true.
I was in a support group at church with a Christian man that still still struggles with same-sex attraction.
It doesn't go away typically.

So, you don't consider it a sin then. Good.

There are a quite a number of parents testimonies of children who had 4 or 5 year olds who gravitated to the opposite gender.
A lot of videos from Ted Talks on the subject. Here's just one.

/
Ok...
Once again I don't believe Ted or his talks.
I believe God.

And I personally know very heterosexual people that have the endocrine disorders...an endocrine disorder does NOT have anything to do with homosexuality. Far from it.

AND
Same sex attraction?
They are likely lost because of the sin in their life ....because of WHAT PAUL SAID....whom I believe over anyone else.

I suggest that you read Romans 1&2. Study it hardcore...don't let someone else color your view...Paul was extremely clear. Homosexuality and homosexual lust is the very definition of moral turpitude...which was defined by Paul. All the why and how is there.

Jesus never once played "footsie" with sin...He destroyed it EVERY TIME....He didn't excuse it or make excuses for people.

Sin is insidious...you commit it and those you love the most pay the consequences for it.

Again God is not in this for high numbers....
NARROW GATE!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is by faith alone plus nothing. Anything beyond that is trying to get God's approval thru good works is it not?
As I was heading out of the hospital today, I was taking my time going down the stairs because my legs don't work so good.
This girl walking up the sidewalk looked at me and asked if I needed any help.
I said I was fine, just taking my time, and thankyou for asking.
As she was walking away I called after her: Now there's a good samaritan.
And the smile on her face was like a ray of sunshine.

Was she looking for God's approval? I don't think so. I think it simply came from her heart.
When I said what I said, I didn't even think about saying it, but it made her smile.
Was I looking for God's approval? It was spontaneous, no deliberation on whether I should say or not to say.
It simply came from the heart.

These are good works. This is loving thy neighbor.
These things come from the heart and not for the approval of God, but I believe God would approve.

Hugs

Reactions: St. SteVen

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born again from above Christians can Judge.
And where is THAT in scripture? NOWHERE. Judgement is ONLY left to GOD.
How else are we to test on spiritual things without the gift that the Holy Spirit enables us to do.
How about common sense...FROM the Holy Spirit?
1 Corinthians 2:14-16 - But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.
By the same token, lest we be so FULL of ourselves to believe that WE have ALL the answers...

Reactions: Lambano

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Laugh.
Yes,Christians are entitled to use righteous judgement,afforded by following God's directives.

If you are a sexually active sodomite you are a damned sinner.

Don't come to our community any more than you'd dare walk down the center aisle of a true Bible teaching church and think you're going to cast aspersions upon God's word and change things. Churches will toss you out. The foolish will try to reason you out of trolling.

Your compulsion is un-natural for humans. And ab-normal. And in our faith an abominable sin.

Deal with it. Or don't. It's your eternity.
So much for forgiveness...

Reactions: Lambano

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It started with homosexuality and now it's spread to gender modification, where you change your genitals to match what you believe your gender should be.
And if it were only adults I would say,they have to live with their own decisions. But it's not anymore.
They are convincing children that they can CHOOSE whatever gender they want to be whenever they want to be.
And convincing the parents that it is child abuse if they don't allow their children genital modification, in which there is no come back from that. Once the damage is done it's permanant.

Sin is like: if you give it an inch it will take it as far as your willing to give it.

Homosexuality is a physical sin. When the body dies the sin will die with it.
Is Homosexuality a spiritual sin?
As far as the heart goes, you can't always control who you love. I get that.
But it doesn't end with just the loving part, it becomes an outward manifestation of 2 of the same genders ... I want to say lusting after each others physical bodies. And it's this lusting that is a spiritual sin.
Jesus said that if a man looks at a woman to lust after her then that is a sin. So what then of a man lusting after another man?
And for what purpose?
A man and a woman together can procreate and make a child. It has a purpose and a function.
But 2 men or 2 women, neither of which have the creative ability to produce a family. What purpose does it serve?

I believe you want to love whom you want to love, God's not going to judge you for loving another person.
But when it becomes physical attraction, then that is simply a flesh desire which we are told to be putting away and not giving into
those types of behaviors.

And what their doing to the children today is absolutely criminal.
They are taking our willingness to accept their "oppression" and turning that "oppression" on innocent children, to make more people like themselves, so in the end society itself will only be filled with oppressed people and no one will be responsible for their own actions.

It's a slippery slope indeed.
That's my thoughts.
Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.