GEN 1:1-2 SPEAKS MORE THAN CREATION!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
Neither I, when I know that there is no answer you gave to reprove what I had said, and is saying, and will continue to say, that Adam was formed on day 3 before the animals and that God MADE the MAN and the WOMAN male, and female on day 6. from which came the woman that was "FORMED" from the man rib.

until there is solid scripture proof of it not being so, (which there is not), I’ll keep on saying it. so we suggest you study when mankind was "FORMED" vs when man was "FORMED".

and I reiterate Genesis 1:10-13 speaks of the third day creation, and Genesis 2:4-7 speaks of the same 3rd. DAY creation, when Man was formed.

the male and female on day 6, the sexes was created. the only thing that was "created" on day 6 was the IMAGE of "GOD".... :eek: which you have no clue as to what that "IMAGE" is.

PICJAG.
Gen 2 is not the chronological order of creation. How many times do we have to point this out to you? Gen 1 is the chronological order. Gen 2 serves a DIFFERENT purpose to specifically focus on man. Gen 1 gives you the timeline, not Gen 2.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
instead of arguing over a subject, why not go straight to the point.

#1. Adam was here before the animals. proof, Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him”. POINT #1 Adam the Man was alone, Eve haven’t came forth yet. Point #2. a Help meet is in search for the man that is “ALONE”. point #3. in searching for a help meet for the man who is alone God “formed” the Animals out ground, next verse.

#2. Animals formed after Adam. Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: (STOP, point #4. clearly the bible said that when he formed the animals, he brought them to the already “formed” man. how hard is that to understand?), and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof”.

#3. Genesis 2:20 "And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him”. Point #5, what creation DAY was the fowl of the air made? lets see, Genesis 1:20 "And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. verse 21 "And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. verse 22 "And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. verse 23 "And the evening and the morning were the fifth day”. so on DAY 5 of creation came the fowl of the air. so Adam had to be at least “formed” for argument sake, on or before the 5th. day of creation, because Genesis 2:19 clearly states, "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air”. and clearly the fowl of the air was made on day 5. and the land animals was day 6. so point #6. Adam was here before the LAND and WATER animals, meaning that he was "FORMED" before day 5. now onto point #7.

#4. Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth”.

Point #7 is that Man was “MADE” not “CREATED” in God image, but was “Made” in God’s image. and what was made? “ANOTHER” …. another Adam, the Woman, “MANKIND”. the Male and the Female.

let’s understand this. another Adam? yes, because the term MAN/ADAM, means “ANOTHER”. Adam is the Hebrew word, H120 אָדָם 'adam (aw-dawm') n-m.
ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.).
[from H119]
KJV: X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.
Root(s): H119

there it is “ANOTHER”. and this “another” makes the species of man, male and female ….. “Mankind”. this is the opposite of of the one single man which is H121 אָדָם 'Adam (aw-dawm') n/p.
1. (person) Adam the name of the first man.
2. (location) a place in Israel.
[the same as H120]
KJV: Adam.
Root(s): H120

I'm using the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments, anyone can check these definitions.

understand “Woman is a “MAN”, she’s just “OUT” or “FROM” the first or original natural man of flesh and bones. out of is “wo”, hence WOman, for she was taken out of man. so what was “CREATED” on day 6? it was the sexes, the male, and the female, or the ANOTHER of the ONE man formed on day 3.

so the IMAGE of God is simply “ANOTHER” of himself in flesh. this is the perfect picture of what we call “Diversified Oneness”, or better known as ….. the “Offspring” or the another of one self. as all children are the another/offspring of their parents. so the Image of God that was made on day 6 is the ANOTHER of one self in flesh.

footnote: the Lord Jesus is the “another” of God, the Holy Spirit, himself in flesh. scripture, Hebrews 1:3 "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high”.

here the express IMAGE is Spirit, meaning his “PERSON”, his person is not flesh, but Spitit, not a separate person/Spirit, but the same person/Spirit, shared in flesh, better known as the “Offspring”.

as Eve is the EQUAL “share” of Adam in the flesh, likewise, the Lord Jesus is the EQUAL “share” of the Holy Spirit/God in Spirit/Person. (BINGO), oh how easy this is.

the creation of “ANOTHER” on DAY 6 reveals the Godhead as “ANOTHER”, a diversity of oneself, not trinity of three of oneself.

PICJAG.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Beginning to think that there is more here than just creation.

God doesn't create something without form and void. So it had to become that away. A previous earth with people that was destroyed by the works of Satan. This would explain the bones of humans and animals that go back thousands of years. Why not, it would agree with scientist that put the age back that far. I feel sure that God would not create something that he made to look like something it isn't.

Believing the above does not take away anything we already know, it expands it.

One of the problems I have with the idea of a pre-Adamic race/world is that it places death before Adam's sin. But Paul makes it clear that it was Adam's sin that brought death into the world.

Romans 5:12-15--Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned— for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.
But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many.

1 Cor 15:20-27--But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be abolished is death. For HE has put all things in subjection under His feet.

Another problem I have with this concept is that the idea of the universe being billions of years old is based on Darwinian evolution (i.e. slow change from goo to you), not on God's explanation in His Word.

Our God is very articulate, to say the least. If there had been a creation/death event as part of the Genesis creation account, or if evolution were involved, I believe He would have made this very clear. I take the words "In the beginning God created..." very literally!

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
knowing this, if God is going to greatly multiply her labor pain in pregnancy this means she had children before without “GREAT” Labor pain. but now because she has sinned, that Labor pain will be “GREATLY” Increase.
I don't believe there was any pain in the perfect world God created. Pain indicates the presence of disease or other physical maladies. And once again, in the new earth, there will be no pain....

Revelation 21:1-4--Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe there was any pain in the perfect world God created. Pain indicates the presence of disease or other physical maladies. And once again, in the new earth, there will be no pain....

Revelation 21:1-4--Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for your reply, second, not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this. first on the spiritual side. the pain that Adam cause God what was that? for is not sin describe as a disease? now on the physical side, Romans 8:20 "For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope". so in hope is not perfect. now God did make Adam and Eve INNOCENT, but perfect for this this eviroment, but without Pain, I cannot agree. for physical pain the bible clearly states, Genesis 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee".

so I must go with what the bible states, nothing more, nothing lesss. to GREATLY multiply indicate there was something there.

now in the NEW heaven and the NEW earth this was the HOPE for, so there assurely no need to hope for, because it is already obtained. so correctly there in the New city, yes NO PAIN, but in Genesis the HOPE was to get to the NEW CITY. where there is no pain at all.

hope this answered your question.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another problem I have with this concept is that the idea of the universe being billions of years old is based on Darwinian evolution
now saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this. the ROCKS themselves don't know how old they are nor do we. and another thing, time didn't start at the beginning, but when sin entered into the world, and the world to decay, or entropy. now the billion dollar question, how long was Adam on this earth before he sin and decay started? no one knows but God.

so again if this earth was in decay from the start, (which it was not), then one could claim that God created a imperfect world. but that's out of the question. decay is only in the observer observations, or self awareness.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 11:3 "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear". Here the bible God himself give us a peek into quantum mechanics or quantum physics. where space and time acts differently than in this created world. for God is creator of the visible as well as the invisible. Colossians 1:16 "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him". be it from thermodynamics, or centripetal force. be ye they perform in or around any of the four forces, the gravitational force, the electromagnetic force, the weak nuclear force, and the strong nuclear force, there are powers, or principalities, and dominions we just don't fully understand.

Time and sapce is still one of the knows, we fully have not yet comprehend.

PICJAG.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
One of the problems I have with the idea of a pre-Adamic race/world is that it places death before Adam's sin. But Paul makes it clear that it was Adam's sin that brought death into the world.

Romans 5:12-15--Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned— for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.
But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many.

1 Cor 15:20-27--But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be abolished is death. For HE has put all things in subjection under His feet.

Another problem I have with this concept is that the idea of the universe being billions of years old is based on Darwinian evolution (i.e. slow change from goo to you), not on God's explanation in His Word.

Our God is very articulate, to say the least. If there had been a creation/death event as part of the Genesis creation account, or if evolution were involved, I believe He would have made this very clear. I take the words "In the beginning God created..." very literally!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
The best explanation I have read is post #55 in this thread by n2thelight. I would urge you and everyone else to read it!

The best explanation I have read is post #55-57 in this thread by n2thelight. I would urge you and all others to read it.

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

God doesn't create something without form and void. So it had to become that away. A previous earth with people that was destroyed by the works of Satan. This would explain the bones of humans and animals that go back thousands of years. Why not, it would agree with scientist that put the age back that far. I feel sure that God would not create something that he made to look like something it isn't.

Believing the above does not take away anything we already know, it expands it.

You and all others who believe this are calling GOD and Jesus liars out of sheer ignorance and preference of Satan's lies about Old Earth and Evolution.
Genesis 1:1 clearly states that GOD made Earth as a ball of water filled with basic elements that was illuminated by His own radiance as He set it spinning once every 24 hours of what He decided would be an ideal day length for we mortals.
All fossilised bones were buried during The Flood 4,350 years ago - about 1,650 years after Creation.
Darwin inadvertantly proved Earth is young and that evidence can be seen in every neglected, overgrown and abandonded piece of land in your area.

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Except that it implies that God's works are not perfect, that He failed once in His creative work and had to try again, and once again His "supposed" perfect works were thwarted by the Adversary.
Since we know that the earth itself is billions of years old so too we imagine the sediments which make up its composition, thus the idea of accurately dating fossilized bones is speculative at best.

How do you know Earth is billions of years old?
If Earth was even older than the 6,000 year the Bible says there woudl be great depths of rich topsoil everywhere. There isn't ,e rgo Earth is as young as The Bible says.

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
GINOLJC, to all.
Thank you for posting this, Exodus 20:11. I asked another poster this question, “is God still in his seventh day rest?”. I didn’t get an answer, so maybe we can get an answer now.
so the Exodus 20:11 scripture are literal 24hrs solar days FOR MEN, but not to be compared “ACTUALLY” to the six day of God’s creation in equal comparison. those six literal days are only an “Analogy” to the six day in creation.

I hope some … “Light” has shined into your hearts.

PICJAG.

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Saying Creation days are not actual 24 hour days is calling GOD a liar and denigrating His abilities.
You might recall Jesus called Lazarus instantly back to life after 4 days decomposition must surely have destroyed the brain and many organs ?
You might also recall a dry almond stick went through budding, leaf, flower and fruiting in less that a night?
GOD's time is above most people's understanding buta CHRISTIAN has by definition faith in what the Bible says.
Leave the old earth, bigbang, monkey-to-man nonsense to the walking dead.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying Creation days are not actual 24 hour days is calling GOD a liar and denigrating His abilities.
You might recall Jesus called Lazarus instantly back to life after 4 days decomposition must surely have destroyed the brain and many organs ?
You might also recall a dry almond stick went through budding, leaf, flower and fruiting in less that a night?
GOD's time is above most people's understanding buta CHRISTIAN has by definition faith in what the Bible says.
Leave the old earth, bigbang, monkey-to-man nonsense to the walking dead.
First thanks for the reply, second, yes, the Lord God Yeshua/JESUS, called Lazarus instantly back to life after 4 day, he could have done that with creation, so why do you then call God a lair? could he not have created everything in one hot second?. he could have did it in 1 second, 1 hour, 1 year, or 100 years for linear time has no effect on God who is a Spirit, is nothing to God, for the scriptures are clear, Matthew 19:26 "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible". and in Genesis 1 he, God showed us how he did it all, by shining "LIGHT" on what he did. and in showing us how and what he did, is proof positive that the days of creation are not 24hrs. solar days.

the "Light" that is called "DAY" in Genesis 1:3 is not NATURAL sun Light, but "illumination" of the MIND, to Know and understand.
H216 אוֹר 'owr (ore) n-f.
1. illumination.
2. (concretely) luminary (in every sense, including lightning, happiness, etc.).
[from H215]
KJV: bright, clear, + day, light (-ning), morning, sun.
Root(s): H215

here it is to KNOW like in to have his "WISDOM" to understand the SEEN/Visible and the UNSEEN/Invisible, to KNOW in the spiritual mind.
and "the evening and morning" is simply a maker of his Stopping and beginning of another part of his creation. it just shows what he did next.

and the Lights in Genesis 1:14-18 is NATURAL "LIGHT" so one may see visibly of the things CREATED,natural understanding, or CARNAL UNDERSTANDING. to be "luminous", or natural, gives Visible Light is to see Naturally, and to gain KNOWLEDGE and understanding through carnal, or natural means. the "Lights" in Genesis 1:14-18 is the Hebrew word,
H3974 מָאוֹר ma'owr (maw-ore') n-m.
מָאֹר ma'or (maw-ore')
מְאוֹרָה m'owrah (meh-o-raw') [feminine]
מְאֹרָה m'orah (meh-o-raw')
1. (properly) a luminous body or luminary.
2. (abstractly) light (as an element).
3. (figuratively) brightness, i.e.cheerfulness.
4. (specifically) a chandelier.
[from H215]
KJV: bright, light.
Root(s): H215

the root, H215 אוֹר 'owr (ore) v.
1. to be luminous.
2. (causative) to make luminous.
{literally and metaphorically}
[a primitive root]
KJV: X break of day, glorious, kindle, (be, en-, give, show) light (-en, -ened), set on fire, shine.

so the key to know the difference is to UNDERSTAND the difference between "illumination", and being "luminous"

once one understand the difference then one will no longer be in darkness about the "DAYS" of creation.
supportive scripture, Hebrews 11:3 "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear". one need to really look at that statement as well as this one, Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse".

here is the "LIGHT" that shine in every man that comes into the world, this light produce mans intellectual way, by "sight". read your commentaries on the verse and try to understand. Gill give a decent commentary.

so the key to understanding Genesis "Light" illumination and "Lights" luminous is to know the difference.

PICJAG.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I see it clear as day, if you don't it's all good ,however I will drop this from Peter 3 earth and Heaven ages.If you understand this the Word will open up,however some are blinded for their own good

II Peter 3:5 "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:"

Most Christians today, and all of the worldly people today are willingly placing their selves in ignorance on this matter of the creation. Old as it is spoken of here is very ancient, goes far back before the time of Noah and Adam, and even before the creation of the animal world and the earth age as we know it now. Peter is telling you that in the far past, there was a first earth age. Not a different world or planet, but the same planet [earth] existing in a time frame prior to as the earth exist today. The same world, but a different world age or time frame.

II Peter 3:6 "Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:"

That world age or cosmos that existed in that ancient time of the past, and everything that was a part of it was destroyed completely. All life on it was completely done away with. God destroyed it completely and it happened at Satan's overthrow. Many people believe that this flood was the flood of Noah's day, however, the flood of Noah's day did not destroy this world age, life from before that flood carried right over into the dispensation that followed one year later, after the waters had subsided.

Even in the first two verses of Genesis, God declared that there was a first earth age. Lets go there and study what the Word actually says there.

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

There are two bodies mentioned in this verse; the heaven and the earth. It simply states a fact, and left the time factor out. This verse not only did not say when, but left it totally to our imagination, as to the eternal span of time, and who the creation took place. In Proverbs 8:22 we read of wisdom speaking through Solomon. Wisdom is God, for all wisdom is of God. "The Lord possessed me in the beginning of His ways, before the works of old." What works of old could this be? It is the old earth age, spoken of in Revelation 12.

Proverbs 8:23 "I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was."

This is stating that wisdom was with God, and He possessed me.

Proverbs 8:24 "When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water."

Before there was any need of an abyss, or pit, and the water to fill them, God's wisdom was there.

Proverbs 8:25 "Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:"

Before the earth even took on its present form, with the high mountains and rolling hills, God's wisdom was there. God's wisdom played part in the creation of this earth, and all wisdom comes from God.

Proverbs 8:26 "While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the high part [beginning] of the dust of the world."

God was even there before that first Adam, or speck of dust of the earth was formed.

Proverbs 8:27 "When he prepared the heavens and set a compass (circle) upon the face of the depth:"

Proverbs 8:28 "And when he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:"

Proverbs 8:29 "When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the fountains of the earth:"

In other words what this is saying is that there was land, and oceans, and fields and lakes, and God set His commandment that they should be separated through the "compass" which He set: and we call it "gravity" today. This is the force that separates all water from dry land. When the waves hit the rocks of the shoreline, they resend back into the sea.

God allowed Job to be tested by both Satan and his fellow man, in the book of Job. However, after 37 chapters of man's nonsense, ramblings, and bad advise by those around Job, God spoke to Job.

Job 38:1, 2: "Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?"

Job had been tested to the point of losing his entire family, all his property, and he had been inflicted by sores and sickness, yet he did not curse God. He was in a poor frame of mind when God again came to Job. Job had been listening to the trash of men's doctrines for the first thirty seven verses of the book of Job, and now Job was ready to put those ramblings aside of other men, and listen directly to God.

Job 38:3 "Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou Me."

God told Job to straighten up and be a man, and listen to what He is about to tell Job. Then God spells out in detail how He laid out the foundations of the earth and the heaven, and all matters concerning them. Then in the rest of Job 38 and 39 God reveals the wisdom that we read about in Proverbs 8.

God told Job how He put the universe all together. Our God is infinite in wisdom and power, yet His love for His children is so great that He allowed Himself to be killed as a man, on the cross at Calvary hill. It was this act of love that made it possible for mankind to except Him as their Savior and approach Him as His child.

So there is a complete separation between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2. Genesis 1:1 is the first creation of heaven and earth, while Genesis 1:2 is the destruction of this earth after the fall or rebellion of Satan.

Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."

Who is the Spirit of God? He is the Holy Spirit, and it is God's Spirit that moved upon the face of the waters. In the Hebrew text the translation of the word, "was" as used in this verse "...the earth was without form,..."; we see in the Massorah test it reads "(to become) without form...". The earth was not created a ruin but it became a ruin after the fall of Satan. It is the translators that changed the word from became, to was when they put it into English. This is the same thing that happened in Genesis 2:7 "...and man became a living soul."

The correct translation of the Hebrew from the Massoretic text for these words, "...without form..." is "tohu-va-bohu". So we see that the earth was not created "without form", but it became [tohu] without form and void". Lets go to Strong's Hebrew dictionary, reference number 1961 to verify the word "was", that we read in this verse. "Hayah, haw-yaw; a prime root, to exit; to become, or come to pass."

Now lets continue in the Strong's Hebrew dictionary to get the pure meaning for the word "void". # 2258, on page 36 tells us that we have to go to # 2254 for the prime root word for the meaning of the word "void". "Chabal, khaw-bal; to wind tightly as a rope, to bind, to pervert, destroy, to corrupt, spoil, travail." This corresponds with its other use in # 2255, which is "to ruin".

"Tohu" of the earth, then means that total destruction has come to pass upon the earth. The second "was" in the verse is in italics type because there is no verb "to be" in the Hebrew language. This is one of the problems in translating Hebrew into English, the verb "to be" is not distinguished from the verb, "to become".

At the end of the first earth age of Genesis 1:1 that age ceased to exist in its precious form. God created the earth to be inhabited, and then He destroyed it. There was an entire earth age that existed between the first two verses of Genesis. This first earth age is spoken of in Jeremiah, Proverbs, and Jude, as well as in II Peter. We will look into these Scriptures and try to understand the deeper meaning of our Father's Word.

If you don't understand that there was a first earth age, you will not understand why God would say in Malachi 1:3; "And I hated Esau...". God hated Esau even while he was in his mother's womb. It was in the first earth age that God hated Esau, because of what he was and did in that first earth age. It was what Esau's soul did in that age, that angered God so; and that anger passed on to the embryo of Esau when his soul entered into this earth age. This is also recorded in Romans 9:13.

Genesis 1:2 then verifies that our earth is far older then 6000 years old, when in fact it is probably millions of years old. However, no matter how old this earth is, it is the only place in the universe that mankind, and the animals can exist in the flesh form that we are in and survive. We do not worship the creation, but we worship the creator, our Heavenly Father. God is in control of all of His creation, and He destroyed all forms of life that lived on earth from that first earth age.
I have just viewed the lecture of a PhD geneticist who proved by scientific evidence that the earth is around 6,000 year old. She showed how that evolutionists have ignored real scientific evidence that did not comply with their suppositions. She showed that because no one was there to observe or do scientific experiments to prove that the earth was more than 6000 years old, they don't know what happened, and that that only definitive statement was made by the Person who was there.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
II Peter 3:8 "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

That means one week is 7,000 years, and we are coming to the Sabbath of that week very shortly, which the common name for the next thousand years is the "Millennium age".

II Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

This means that you can count on our Heavenly Father concerning His promises. God has much patience concerning His children. It isn't God's will that any soul should perish. God did not even intend for Satan to perish, as stated in Ezekiel 28, but that doesn't mean God will not bring about the perishing of souls; for it is up to the soul to choose. That is what our free will is all about.

II Peter 3:10 "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

"A thief in the night" is an figure of speech that means that Christ shall come at an unexpected time. In the English it sounds like a very scary time, but lets see what it says in the original text. The "elements" are not the elements that you think of, such as gold, iron, oxygen and so on, but they are the "evil rudiments" that go to make up the evil in this earth age. This includes the evil spirits, the fallen angels, and all the things and forms of idolatry that cause flesh man to sin. The time of this burning will be at God's appointed time, so this verse is addressed to all those things that go to offend our Heavenly Father.

So we have witnessed here in II Peter 3, all three of the three earth ages, as well as the three heaven ages that correspond with the earth age periods of time. We can also see why Peter warned us at the beginning of this chapter that he was going to stir up our minds, and to pay special attention to what was written in both the Old and New Testament. There is also another witness in the Old Testament to the existence of the three earth ages, and we find this writing in Jeremiah 4:22 - 27.

Jeremiah 4:22 "For My people is foolish, they have not known Me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge."

How many people really know God's Word? There are very few that can quote you anything from the Scriptures, except what can give them personal gain. The translators were kind to use the word "sottish", for the word in the Hebrews means "just plain stupid or silly" The nature of mankind is to make a buck any way that you can. Their minds are evil constantly, as they were in the days of Noah. However, in the ways of goodness, and doing right, there is a void.

Jeremiah 4:23 "I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light."

Here we are getting right back to the same word that we read in Genesis 1:2; the Hebrew word is "tohu" for "void". God is telling us that He destroyed the first heaven and earth age to where there simply was no life forms existing on this earth at the close of the first earth age, in any form. Without the Sun or light, there can be no physical life.

Jeremiah 4:24 "I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly."

This is why the magnetic north is 90 miles off true north. God shook the earth and everything moved from it foundations.

Jeremiah 4:25 "I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled."

Did you get that? No man, nor animals, and not even the birds were left alive at the close of this first earth age. the earth was completely covered with water and life could not exist on this earth. There was no boat floating around on the surface, for the span of time could have been for thousands of years.

Jeremiah 4:26 "I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by His fierce anger."

In this flood there wasn't a tree or a blade of grass left with life in it. However, what about these "cities" that once existed? Yes, there were cities at that time, and God's anger and fury against Satan, and the third of God's children that followed Satan, caused God to destroy that entire earth age, and those cities were all part of it.

This is what God meant in Hebrews 11:7 when He said, I shook her [the earth] once and know that I will shake her again. The only thing that will be left standing in the next shaking, will be that which is unshakable, and it will only be those who have repented and have Jesus Christ in their heart that will stand. They are those souls that were sealed in their minds, and did not bow to Satan the Antichrist, his system, or take his name nor number.

Jeremiah 4:27 "For thus hath the Lord said, "The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I mot make a full end."

God allowed the waters of the first earth age to rescind, and from it came a condition whereby we can live in this earth age. Each soul, or child of God will pass through this flesh earth age, and we have the choice to choose either light or darkness: Christ or Satan. When God created each soul He gave them free will, He can not force that soul to love Him. You can not buy love, or it will be a false love. God is looking for your tender love; from within your free soul. It is your choice."

2peter3
The geological evidence produced by a PhD geologist, along with pictures of rock formations from around the world that proves his view, shows that fossils of fish, crustaceans and other sea life have been found in continental rock structures, and as high up as on the upper slopes of Mt Everest. He is able to show the rock structures before the Flood, and then rock structures containing thousands of fossils that occurred during the Flood. This shows that the earth was inhabited with plants, fish and animals at the time of the planetary Flood that covered the whole world, including the highest mountains. It is interesting that the fossils showed that the plants, fish, sea creatures and animals were exactly the same as they are today. This totally confirms the Bible record that the Flood occurred generations after Adam and Eve, and only eight people survived it in Noah's ark.

Actual rock structures, studied by the most prominent geologists does not lie, and confirms that there was definitely a general, not a local Flood, because if it was just a local flood, it would have drained into the Persian Gulf, and the ark would have ended up there instead of settling on a mountain.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know Earth is billions of years old?
If Earth was even older than the 6,000 year the Bible says there woudl be great depths of rich topsoil everywhere. There isn't ,e rgo Earth is as young as The Bible says.

The Bible doesn't say it's 6000 years old, it's you who says it is so, you and the young earth theorist. The fact is the bible doesn't say anything about how old the earth is, it's all speculation. What the Bible does say is how old creation is, that is the work of creation in getting the earth ready for the arrival of man, that the scriptures in form us took 6000 years.

Important Edit here: I noticed I said the work of creation preparing the earth for the arrival of man took 6000 years that was a mistake I meant to say 49,000+ years.

It's only been a little over 6000 years since the arrival of man to his new home (howbeit unfinished).

Last edited:

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Bible doesn't say it's 6000 years old, it's you who says it is so, you and the young earth theorist. The fact is the bible doesn't say anything about how old the earth is, it's all speculation. What the Bible does say is how old creation is, that is the work of creation in getting the earth ready for the arrival of man, that the scriptures in form us took 6000 years.
Read the Old Testament genealogy where it shows how old Adam was when his son was born, and how old his son was when his grandson was born, and so on; and you will find that it was 4000 years from Adam to Abraham; after that it was 2000 to Christ, and 2000 years to the present day. That is what the Bible is saying about how long mankind has been on the earth. Perhaps you missed that reference in the Bible, which contradicts what you are saying about the Bible not saying that the earth is just 6000 years old.

Also, there are 2600 places in the Bible where it uses the Hebrew or Greek word for "day", and although there are several meanings for "day", such as the "day" of the Lord, meaning the time of the Lord. But when evening or morning is included in the word "day" in the Bible it means a 24 hour day. It is significant that in every other place in the Bible where evening or morning or both is used it means 24 hour day and people accept it, when it comes to Genesis 1 where God repeats "evening" and "morning" for each day of creation, people say, "Oh no. It doesn't mean 24 hour days!" This shows that people have blinkers on when it comes to Genesis 1 and they depart from clear logic!

So, before going on about what the Bible say or doesn't say, try reading it first before making unsubstantiated comments that can easily be disproved, and you end up with egg on your face.

Reactions: Dcopymope

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
You and all others who believe this are calling GOD and Jesus liars out of sheer ignorance and preference of Satan's lies about Old Earth and Evolution.
Genesis 1:1 clearly states that GOD made Earth as a ball of water filled with basic elements that was illuminated by His own radiance as He set it spinning once every 24 hours of what He decided would be an ideal day length for we mortals.
All fossilised bones were buried during The Flood 4,350 years ago - about 1,650 years after Creation.
Darwin inadvertantly proved Earth is young and that evidence can be seen in every neglected, overgrown and abandonded piece of land in your area.

Genesis 1:1 ,does it say when?

Planet Earth doesn't have a birth certificate to record its formation, which means scientists spent hundreds of years struggling to determine the age of the planet. So, just how old is Earth?

By dating the rocks in Earth's ever-changing crust, as well as the rocks in Earth's neighbors, such as the moon and visiting meteorites, scientists have calculated that Earth is 4.54 billion years old, with an error range of 50 million years.

When God created this earth,we were not in flesh.Oh and I don't do evolution.