General Word Association

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maaaate, blimmin heck!! You're a hard case allite. No need to pack a wobbly and get into a hissy fit. Spinning yarns about kiwis not being kiwis cos they don't drink mint sauce ...gravy on lamb??? Enough to give anyone a dose of the trots...maybe you can flog that off to these unsuspecting foreigners but I aint so old and munted as to tolerate such cods wollop. First I'm vegetarian and no longer eat lamb. Or any other meat. Second, I love gravy, and make the best gravy for roast vegies this side of the black stump. And vegetarian snags on the barbie with my tu meke gravy and mash spuds is to die for cuz. You sound like someone who went across the ditch but took a tiki tour and ended so far out in the wop wops that you forgot where you come from.

Brakelite:
Ok mate I actually lived in the wop wops for a spell near a hydro-electric plant at Mangaore. Don’t knock it. On the way to school I used to get banana passion fruit off the vines. I used to do a lot of tramping in the sticks and bush by myself or with my Dad. Never got lost though like some folks. Worked for a few cockies when I was a lad. Up at dawn with my gummies on.

Had my shark and taties every Friday night for my Dad’s sake.

Took my wife down-under to Levin years ago. She said they spoke like me and then she called me a Kiwi hillbilly. The nerve, right? She said I used to teach her English, the proper way….I said it was better than the Queen’s English.

Yep, I usually take the Tiki tour, it’s my style to enjoy the ride. And I still don’t get ‘lost.’

Man, this is like going down memory lane again…I feel again the NZ style of genuine love for one another and I have not forgotten the simplicity of friendship, and warm greetings in Aotearoa.

It’s all cool here with you and me, and here’s cheers mate, to being in Christ.

APAK

Reactions: Helen and brakelite
B

brakelite

G'day. After 8 years in Auckland I moved to the bush. Was a park ranger for several years was so cool to be able to lie down against a random tree and go to sleep without worryin bout the health. Big culture shift to a city of 5 mill with snakes and spiders the size of your fist. But lovin the church folk here...first time in church here and discovered 90% are kiwi islanders. Felt right at home. And no chance of losing the accent or colloquialisms. But hard to get the folk to understand me at the local maccas.

Reactions: Helen and APAK

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
McDonalds - Oz style.(Good on ya)

Good grief I am lost... :D
I am guessing McDonalds is your word? ( I don't like McDonalds gravy...but as the word that I need to follow is 'McDonalds'...my word will have to be..that it's >>>>>

>>>>

Convenient ..

B

brakelite

Had my shark and taties every Friday night for my Dad’s sake.
Wasn't that a hard case tradition for us Catholics in those days? Don't know if that is still a tradition, but back in the 60s in order to discover the best fish and chip shop in town just ask a Catholic. Was the busiest night of the week for the owners of such establsihment...and Protestants stayed away.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wasn't that a hard case tradition for us Catholics in those days? Don't know if that is still a tradition, but back in the 60s in order to discover the best fish and chip shop in town just ask a Catholic. Was the busiest night of the week for the owners of such establsihment...and Protestants stayed away.

There was one place that made them in town. A booming business. The social center in town. I got the food for the family. All wrapped in newspaper...I occasionally snuck a sausage and chips ...a big no no...