• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every person I know over the past 50 years who is actually knowledgeable or even regularly attended a church on a halfway consistent basis owns several Bibles and knows all about the differences...this one about the footnote is chief among them.

Why don't you do a "Google" search so you can have a discussion with some sort of true knowledge.
Lack of one tidbit of knowledge does not qualify as lack of knowledge of everything; even if it is something that you think ought to be common knowledge.

We are all people of different backgrounds. There is no such note in any of the Bibles that I own; and I own quite a few Bibles.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lack of one tidbit of knowledge does not qualify as lack of knowledge of everything; even if it is something that you think ought to be common knowledge.

We are all people of different backgrounds. There is no such note in any of the Bibles that I own; and I own quite a few Bibles.
sounds much like another one of your fallacies - a distinction without a difference.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ummmm...
It's not a tidbit and it is common knowledge.

Like I said...try googling it and see the sheer volume of links and references to it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sounds much like another one of your fallacies - a distinction without a difference.

Mat 5:10, Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:11, Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12, Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Gal 4:29, But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm...
It's not a tidbit and it is common knowledge.

Like I said...try googling it and see the sheer volume of links and references to it.
You think of it as common knowledge but I had never heard of it until today...so it must not be as common as you think.

I am not an unknowledgeable guy.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think of it as common knowledge but I had never heard of it until today...so it must not be as common as you think.

I am not an unknowledgeable guy.
Ummmm...
Apparently you are.

This footnote has been around and discussed since the 1960's

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm...
Apparently you are.

This footnote has been around and discussed since the 1960's
Ummmm...

Knowledge of the thing in question is not indicative of a man's knowledge of other things.

A man can know many things even though he does not know everything.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mat 5:10, Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:11, Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12, Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Gal 4:29, But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Persecution you wouldnt know what it was, go live in china and be a good christian over there,

Reactions: amadeus and JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Persecution you wouldnt know what it was, go live in china and be a good christian over there,
A preacher there ain't worth listening to unless he has been in prison twice for preaching the gospel. (You usually don't make it a third time)

On one hand I wanna go...on another I'm somewhat safe where I'm at. If I go I might get arrested.
I've been stopped by God the last two times I tried. So apparently He doesn't want me there.
At least for now.

Reactions: mjrhealth

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A preacher there ain't worth listening to unless he has been in prison twice for preaching the gospel.

I've been "imprisoned" multiple times for preaching the gospel.

However, in the United States, they also inject you with soul-killing drugs and accuse you of mental illness to your family.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been "imprisoned" multiple times for preaching the gospel.

However, in the United States, they also inject you with soul-killing drugs and accuse you of mental illness to your family.
Really?
Exactly what were the charges?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Non compus mentis?

That explains a lot.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Define non compus mentis.

What it means is that a prudent person would do very well to be extremely cautious about the things you preach.
Since you have so little regard for your own life now or in Heaven how can you be expected to have any respect for ours?

Not saying that you can't have any word of wisdom...after all even a blind man in a blizzard can hit the broad side of a barn using a shotgun...
But when it comes to the more in depth subjects that requires serious scholarship you aren't going to be able to keep up.

But that doesn't mean that you know nothing either. Ok Billy wasn't one for preaching on scholarly subjects...but led MILLIONS.

Some of the most studious scholarly works were published during the time of his ministry. A lot of garbage too. Can you imagine Oakland Stadium bleachers and field covered in attending fans? I don't...seen it personally.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What it means is that a prudent person would do very well to be extremely cautious about the things you preach.
Since you have so little regard for your own life now or in Heaven how can you be expected to have any respect for ours?

I have every regard for my eternal life and the eternal lives of others.

And also, with meds, I have not been a 51-50 for many years.

But what happened to it being glory for a person to have been imprisoned for the sake of preaching the gospel?

Didn't Paul even say the following...

Act 20:24, But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

I think personally that God wouldn't let you go to China because you wouldn't have been able to cut it as a minister there; especially if you have not been persecuted by the Mental Health System in the United States.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have every regard for my eternal life and the eternal lives of others.

And also, with meds, I have not been a 51-50 for many years.

But what happened to it being glory for a person to have been imprisoned for the sake of preaching the gospel?

Didn't Paul even say the following...

Act 20:24, But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

I think personally that God wouldn't let you go to China because you wouldn't have been able to cut it as a minister there; especially if you have not been persecuted by the Mental Health System in the United States.
People do all sorts of things in Jesus Name and yet He says,depart from me you workers of iniquity, the important part, How can the go if they haven't being sent.

Reactions: amadeus and JohnDB

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps one day when our good friend @Helen is around she will tell us a little about Christians in China. One member of her family was a missionary in China not that many years ago.

Reactions: mjrhealth

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well how true that is . But mark these words . SOON and SOONER than we realize , WE WILL KNOW and FACE PERSECUTION .
RIGHT HERE in ol ameriKa . Oh well , to live is JESUS to die for Him is only gain . HE ALONE is the ONLY HOPE I HAVE .