Get Rapture Ready or will you be be left Behind?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting...you have probably mention it before, but I didn't know that you were PRE !! I had at least pegged you as POST ...
You are one of them fightin' men.. :) So I thought that you would be heading up to opposition and have your armour on Eph 6.

As you know, I can't see it myself. I cannot se the patterns in scripture. Aaron did not fly from the door of the Tabernacle into the Holy of Holies , he walked carrying the blood.. We walk, baring the Blood of the Lamb.

Daniel was not zapped out of trouble , God kept him IN and Through trouble...same with Joseph too, same with the three in the fiery furnace.
I believe the word for the Overcomers ( found in Rev 3 ) is :-
Isa 43:2
2 "When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. "

I believe that the last standing saints of the Most High will be ready..if it is in our time...(which kinda looks like it right now)...
I believe it is a time for standing up and being counted, not zapped out.

I see the great army...Jesus the Head with His Body. = The two Olive Trees ..

Rev 11
3 " And I will give power unto my two witnesses, ( Jesus Head, .. and His Body on earth ) and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them
."

That is 'the rapture' that I see n scripture in this last Day...however long it may be. Could be us..but will be reasonably soon.

I still believe that these kind of threads are all about us, and self preservation... the emphasis is on us, not on God. I can only guess at how many this guy has put up now!!

I 100% agree with -

There will be a lot of very shocked and trembling Christians IF just maybe, what God is saying in those VERY over used and favourite rapture scriptures ...is not what God was actually saying!!

Having being reassure that they will get out of jail free, they will be too unprepared to stand and go through it.

With our armour Eph 6 we are told- " Having done all, stand.."

Just my two cents...( and I am one who hates long posts... :D )
Their hearts will fail them for fear

Reactions: Acolyte and Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good thought...as Dave said, it had not occurred to me either.. Yes indeed. My hubby will like that thought! :)
I believe my commission is edification, that being said allow me to build. I feel as if I know you personally but believe we’re an ocean apart. The familiarity I believe is the mind of Christ!

Reactions: Acolyte and Helen

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!! Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13
God says==That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved..........

----------

Here is an "example prayer" if you have never talked to God..........
Heavenly Father:.........
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@GISMYS_7

I'm sure you have a good heart...but you seem to send out the wrong message.
Here you are posting a "How to be saved" message. Yet if you get any takers you try to scare them into being saved by telling them- "the train is leaving soon, so get saved quickly!!"

I do not believe the The Bride of Christ consists of saints who only 'love' God to 'get out of jail free' and quickly!

I believe you have missed much of the real message of- "Let us make man in our image and likeness.."

Just saying...

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GISMYS_7

I'm sure you have a good heart...but you seem to send out the wrong message.
Here you are posting a "How to be saved" message. Yet if you get any takers you try to scare them into being saved by telling them- "the train is leaving soon, so get saved quickly!!"

I do not believe the The Bride of Christ consists of saints who only 'love' God to 'get out of jail free' and quickly!

I believe you have missed much of the real message of- "Let us make man in our image and likeness.."

Just saying...
He cast out all fear

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gift of forgiveness and salvation does you no good unless you believe and accept it!!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God saves a person, they will believe and repent out of an earnest desire of their new born again heart. That is, you believe because God saved you. You could not believe in any genuine sense had he not.
John 1:13 KJV
[13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Tecarta Bible Premium

Reactions: Dave L

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting...you have probably mention it before, but I didn't know that you were PRE !! I had at least pegged you as POST ...
You are one of them fightin' men.. :) So I thought that you would be heading up to opposition and have your armour on Eph 6.

As you know, I can't see it myself. I cannot se the patterns in scripture. Aaron did not fly from the door of the Tabernacle into the Holy of Holies , he walked carrying the blood.. We walk, baring the Blood of the Lamb.

Daniel was not zapped out of trouble , God kept him IN and Through trouble...same with Joseph too, same with the three in the fiery furnace.
I believe the word for the Overcomers ( found in Rev 3 ) is :-
Isa 43:2
2 "When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. "

I believe that the last standing saints of the Most High will be ready..if it is in our time...(which kinda looks like it right now)...
I believe it is a time for standing up and being counted, not zapped out.

I see the great army...Jesus the Head with His Body. = The two Olive Trees ..

Rev 11
3 " And I will give power unto my two witnesses, ( Jesus Head, .. and His Body on earth ) and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them
."

That is 'the rapture' that I see n scripture in this last Day...however long it may be. Could be us..but will be reasonably soon.

I still believe that these kind of threads are all about us, and self preservation... the emphasis is on us, not on God. I can only guess at how many this guy has put up now!!

The two witnesses in (Revelation) were not a rapture. That is a resurrection.

Yes, Christians have gone through serious trials and martyrdom's in the past. And still do today. And if the Church were to go through the Tribulation, she would be faithful in suffering and martyrdom also. And all those that believe we will go through the Tribulation, I'm sure they would be faithful if it were so.

What is not so, is the idea that those who hold to the Rapture are looking to avoid persecution. We are not. We are not looking for some get out of jail for free card. We simply believe this is the testimony of Scripture. Years ago, I knew a young Christian woman who believed we would go through the Tribulation. She literally wanted to go through the Tribulation. She wanted to be the 'pure bread' or 'pure wheat' of Christ. Myself, I do not seek persecution...but that doesn't mean I avoid it, trying to get out of it. It comes soon enough.

My point is that if we go through the Tribulation or are Raptured out of the Tribulation, matters not to me as far as my faith goes. If we go through the Tribulation I would be disappointed that I missed it doctrinally that bad. And, that I had taught something that I find later was not so. But that is not the case at this point.

There is distinction between Israel and the Church. They are not the same. The Tribulation is specifically for unbelieving Israel, and generally for the unbelieving world. It's purpose is not so much to martyr the saints, though many will be. It's purpose is God's judgement against the unbelieving Israel and the world.

Stranger

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The doctrine of a pre-tribulational rapture is a gimmic, it is not Biblical. And that's why there are so many gimmic preachers pushing it who treat preaching like a business.

John Nelson Darby in 1830's Great Britain got the pre-trib rapture idea from the Edward Irvingite movement in Britain. Prior to 1830, the pre-trib rapture theory was never preached in a Christian Church. Some pre-trib scholars have been caught in our generation trying to revise early Church history in a vain attempt to prove that the pre-trib rapture theory was an accepted doctrine of the early Church.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is distinction between Israel and the Church. They are not the same. The Tribulation is specifically for unbelieving Israel, and generally for the unbelieving world. It's purpose is not so much to martyr the saints, though many will be. It's purpose is God's judgement against the unbelieving Israel and the world.

First, there is no such thing as a seven year "tribulation" period, it's not in scripture although there will be a short time that Jesus affirmed as a time of great tribulation but it is much shorter than 3 1/2 yrs. as many believe. I agree they are not the same but I wholly disagree with your conclusion. Israel has been under "judgment" for the last two millennia, the 70th week should be looked at as their last opportunity for salvation. The Lord will use the two witnesses and the large earthquake to get their attention. I believe the Great trib. will be the fulfillment of 1 Pet. 4:14-18 and it will be upon the church to separate the wheat from the chaff and this event will lead to the great apostacy from Thessalonians. It will last a short time as Matt. 24 declares for (the sake of His church) but it will be the greatest worldwide time of persecution and martyrdom that the world will ever or has ever seen.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until the wrath is past. For behold, The Lord is coming forth out of His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity, and the earth will disclose the blood shed upon her, and will no more cover her slain.
In that day The Lord with His hard and great and strong sword will punish leviathan the fleeing serpent, leviathan the twisting serpent, and he will slay the dragon that is in the sea.
In that day;
"A pleasant vineyard, sing of it!
I The Lord am its keeper;
every moment I water it.
Lest anyone harm it,
I guard it night and day;
I have no wrath.

Reactions: Helen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, there is no such thing as a seven year "tribulation" period, it's not in scripture although there will be a short time that Jesus affirmed as a time of great tribulation but it is much shorter than 3 1/2 yrs. as many believe. I agree they are not the same but I wholly disagree with your conclusion. Israel has been under "judgment" for the last two millennia, the 70th week should be looked at as their last opportunity for salvation. The Lord will use the two witnesses and the large earthquake to get their attention. I believe the Great trib. will be the fulfillment of 1 Pet. 4:14-18 and it will be upon the church to separate the wheat from the chaff and this event will lead to the great apostacy from Thessalonians. It will last a short time as Matt. 24 declares for (the sake of His church) but it will be the greatest worldwide time of persecution and martyrdom that the world will ever or has ever seen.

True, the symbolic 7 years of Dan.9:27 was a literal time period for the end, until our Lord Jesus said He shortened the tribulation in Matthew 24. We are still to mark the events leading up to His return as if the 7 years were still in effect, as the time may be shortened, but the events are still to occur as written.

Matthew 24 and Mark 13 shows the time great tribulation begins with the appearance of the "abomination of desolation" idol, and the coming Antichrist (as pseudochristos there, which means a pseudo-Christ, not really many 'false Christs' like the KJV translators gave it). Per Dan.9:27 & Dan.11, a "league" is made in Jerusalem with the "vile person" and a small group of people. Then sacrifices and another temple is shown, then sacrifices ended at the middle of the symbolic "one week" (7 years), and the "abomination that maketh desolate" placed in the temple instead. This is what is suggested in Revelation 11:1-3 also, which is for the end of this world. Satan's host do not like this building of another Jewish temple in Jerusalem for the end revealed, but it is written of in God's Word, and the orthodox Jews in today's Jerusalem have been preparing for a few decades now, gathering materials, selecting Levitical priests, and making the artifacts of temple worship again.

Reactions: Trekson