Get Rapture Ready or will you be be left Behind?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until the wrath is past. For behold, The Lord is coming forth out of His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity, and the earth will disclose the blood shed upon her, and will no more cover her slain.
In that day The Lord with His hard and great and strong sword will punish leviathan the fleeing serpent, leviathan the twisting serpent, and he will slay the dragon that is in the sea.
In that day;
"A pleasant vineyard, sing of it!
I The Lord am its keeper;
every moment I water it.
Lest anyone harm it,
I guard it night and day;
I have no wrath.

God is able to protect His servants without removing them off the earth.

Christ's return is show in prophecy to be on the last day of this present world, and not before. A pre-trib rapture does not fit that Bible prophecy.

The event of God's consuming fire that ends man's works off this earth is shown by Peter happening on the "day of the Lord", which is the LAST DAY of this present world. Pre-trib trying to show the "day of the Lord" begins at the start of the great tribulation is to tell a lie against God's Word. It is further proof that the pre-tribulational rapture theory is a false doctrine.

Reactions: Acolyte and Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, the symbolic 7 years of Dan.9:27 was a literal time period for the end, until our Lord Jesus said He shortened the tribulation in Matthew 24. We are still to mark the events leading up to His return as if the 7 years were still in effect, as the time may be shortened, but the events are still to occur as written.

Matthew 24 and Mark 13 shows the time great tribulation begins with the appearance of the "abomination of desolation" idol, and the coming Antichrist (as pseudochristos there, which means a pseudo-Christ, not really many 'false Christs' like the KJV translators gave it). Per Dan.9:27 & Dan.11, a "league" is made in Jerusalem with the "vile person" and a small group of people. Then sacrifices and another temple is shown, then sacrifices ended at the middle of the symbolic "one week" (7 years), and the "abomination that maketh desolate" placed in the temple instead. This is what is suggested in Revelation 11:1-3 also, which is for the end of this world. Satan's host do not like this building of another Jewish temple in Jerusalem for the end revealed, but it is written of in God's Word, and the orthodox Jews in today's Jerusalem have been preparing for a few decades now, gathering materials, selecting Levitical priests, and making the artifacts of temple worship again.
What he saw as an abomination....made he desolate!
Matthew 21:13 KJV
[13] And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Tecarta Bible Premium

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Christ's return is show in prophecy to be on the last day of this present world, and not before. A pre-trib rapture does not fit that Bible prophecy.

The event of God's consuming fire that ends man's works off this earth is shown by Peter happening on the "day of the Lord", which is the LAST DAY of this present world. Pre-trib trying to show the "day of the Lord" begins at the start of the great tribulation is to tell a lie against God's Word. It is further proof that the pre-tribulational rapture theory is a false doctrine.

Blessings in Christ Jesus! A reread of the words posted, shows we agree. And how could we not.? Perhaps, in the words posted, instead of "chambers" the words "your abode" would have made it clearer.

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

These LAST DAYS are not ABOUT Protecting...
BUT rather DIVIDING....
Who are SEALED with His Seal "AWAY" from Who are NOT SEALED with His Seal.

Christ's return is show in prophecy to be on the last day of this present world, and not before.

Christ Calling to Him "HIS CHRURCH",
Ie the RAPTURE.
AND
Jesus ie Thee Son of man, WITH Power, ie Christ....is Him Returning to Earth.

They ARE "TWO" Separate Events.

You speak as though they are ONE EVENT, and then DISMISS the Rapture ON THAT FALSE PREMISE.

A pre-trib rapture does not fit that Bible prophecy.

Sure it does.
Several Scripture REVEAL Gods INTENT of Division, of those SEALED unto Him, being Called UP unto Him....
The WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHY, & WHERE.

The event of God's consuming fire that ends man's works off this earth is shown by Peter happening on the "day of the Lord", which is the LAST DAY of this present world.

So you think the "day of the Lord" is the "day the Lord ENDS man's works on this Earth".

Pre-trib trying to show the "day of the Lord" begins at the start of the great tribulation

While YOU focus "the Day of the Lord" on destruction of mans WORKS on Earth....
Seems you completely IGNORED "the Lords Day" Regarding "MEN" themselves.

is to tell a lie against God's Word. It is further proof that the pre-tribulational rapture theory is a false doctrine.

You claiming something is a LIE, when you yourself OMIT facts, then further claim, another who DOES include all the FACTS, is them perpetuating a False theoretical doctrine is simply you being uninformed and trusting of the knowledge in Scripture and false accuser.

Glory to God,
Take

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, there is no such thing as a seven year "tribulation" period, it's not in scripture although there will be a short time that Jesus affirmed as a time of great tribulation but it is much shorter than 3 1/2 yrs. as many believe. I agree they are not the same but I wholly disagree with your conclusion. Israel has been under "judgment" for the last two millennia, the 70th week should be looked at as their last opportunity for salvation. The Lord will use the two witnesses and the large earthquake to get their attention. I believe the Great trib. will be the fulfillment of 1 Pet. 4:14-18 and it will be upon the church to separate the wheat from the chaff and this event will lead to the great apostacy from Thessalonians. It will last a short time as Matt. 24 declares for (the sake of His church) but it will be the greatest worldwide time of persecution and martyrdom that the world will ever or has ever seen.

When does your 70th week begin and end?

Stranger

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of this is the same doctrine the pharisees held. They all thought Messiah was coming in to rescue them from their enemies. Beware the doctrine of the Pharisees. (Jesus is coming to destroy my enemies and gonna put me on a throne)!!

Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I agree it is important to be ready to go, I feel it is just as important to be ready to stay. Regardless of one's end times beliefs until they're history, they are all only possibilities, speculations and assumptions about our understanding of prophecy. Nothing is guaranteed accept the fact of His return.

Very simply and well put! We always hope for the best but should be prepared for the worst. That is why IMHO, it is SO important to concentrate on building our faith NOW...daily, moment by moment. We all need an "even if" attitude, that no matter what we face...we KNOW we face it with HIM...rapture or not. HE is faithful.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When does your 70th week begin and end?

Stranger

Roughly, in a nutshell - At some undetermined point in time, the person who will become the a/c will make a seven yr. covenant (peace treaty?) with Israel according to Dan. 9:27. We are not told if this will or will not be a public event, so it could start without us knowing. We are not specifically told if the seven seals are part of that 70th week or not. Some people think they are part of God's wrath but the scripture when read shows they are the final birth pangs leading up to the beginning of the wrath of the Lamb (trumpet judgements) followed by the wrath of God (bowl judgments). Imo, the 70th week will conclude with Christ's return for the battle at Armageddon per Rev. 19:11-21. Once that victory is achieved the survivors will undergo the sheep and goat judgment of Matt. 25 per the parameters given in that chapter. Those who are determined to be sheep and the pre-determined 144,000+ of Israel will be allowed to enter the millennial era to re-populate the earth during Christ's 1000 yr. reign. Prewrath believes the rapture will occur between the 6th seal and the 7th seal and before the wrath of the Lamb begins and shows our arrival in heaven at Rev. 7:9.

D

Dave L

Roughly, in a nutshell - At some undetermined point in time, the person who will become the a/c will make a seven yr. covenant (peace treaty?) with Israel according to Dan. 9:27. We are not told if this will or will not be a public event, so it could start without us knowing. We are not specifically told if the seven seals are part of that 70th week or not. Some people think they are part of God's wrath but the scripture when read shows they are the final birth pangs leading up to the beginning of the wrath of the Lamb (trumpet judgements) followed by the wrath of God (bowl judgments). Imo, the 70th week will conclude with Christ's return for the battle at Armageddon per Rev. 19:11-21. Once that victory is achieved the survivors will undergo the sheep and goat judgment of Matt. 25 per the parameters given in that chapter. Those who are determined to be sheep and the pre-determined 144,000+ of Israel will be allowed to enter the millennial era to re-populate the earth during Christ's 1000 yr. reign. Prewrath believes the rapture will occur between the 6th seal and the 7th seal and shows our arrival in heaven at Rev. 7:9.
This is not based on Daniel, it is based on a gap in Daniel that does not exist. It is purely an agenda in search of evidence by which they lift one scripture after another from its context. and twist it into saying what they would have it to say.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Roughly, in a nutshell - At some undetermined point in time, the person who will become the a/c will make a seven yr. covenant (peace treaty?) with Israel according to Dan. 9:27. We are not told if this will or will not be a public event, so it could start without us knowing. We are not specifically told if the seven seals are part of that 70th week or not. Some people think they are part of God's wrath but the scripture when read shows they are the final birth pangs leading up to the beginning of the wrath of the Lamb (trumpet judgements) followed by the wrath of God (bowl judgments). Imo, the 70th week will conclude with Christ's return for the battle at Armageddon per Rev. 19:11-21. Once that victory is achieved the survivors will undergo the sheep and goat judgment of Matt. 25 per the parameters given in that chapter. Those who are determined to be sheep and the pre-determined 144,000+ of Israel will be allowed to enter the millennial era to re-populate the earth during Christ's 1000 yr. reign. Prewrath believes the rapture will occur between the 6th seal and the 7th seal and before the wrath of the Lamb begins and shows our arrival in heaven at Rev. 7:9.

Oh, I see, it is undetermined. Somewhere, sometime. You don't know when it starts, which means you don't know when it ends. How long is the 70th week? Do you know that?

Or, is it all just spiritual?

Stranger

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not based on Daniel, it is based on a gap in Daniel that does not exist. It is purely an agenda in search of evidence by which they lift one scripture after another from its context. and twist it into saying what they would have it to say.

You say twisting, I say it's like weaving truths together to get the complete picture but all our weaving still leaves us with an incomplete picture because not all truths are known yet. The gap is there whether you want to admit it or not. A forty year gap is still a gap but unfortunately preterists make way more of 70ad then they should. In God's scheme of prophecy it really was pretty insignificant. It meant one thing and one thing alone. Israel's time of grace concerning the law has ended, period!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I see, it is undetermined. Somewhere, sometime. You don't know when it starts, which means you don't know when it ends. How long is the 70th week? Do you know that?

Or, is it all just spiritual?

Stranger

Compared with the other 69 weeks which ended with Christ's crucifixion (which has been mathematically proven), it will be seven years. Jesus said no one will know the day or the hour of His return except God the Father so why is that surprising? There is very little concerning prophecy that is just "spiritual". It would be easier to find the proverbial needle in a haystack then trying to understand prophecy utilizing symbolism.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Compared with the other 69 weeks which ended with Christ's crucifixion (which has been mathematically proven), it will be seven years. Jesus said no one will know the day or the hour of His return except God the Father so why is that surprising? There is very little concerning prophecy that is just "spiritual". It would be easier to find the proverbial needle in a haystack then trying to understand prophecy utilizing symbolism.

Yes, it will be seven years. Yet in post #38 you said there is no seven year Tribulation.

Stranger

D

Dave L

You say twisting, I say it's like weaving truths together to get the complete picture but all our weaving still leaves us with an incomplete picture because not all truths are known yet. The gap is there whether you want to admit it or not. A forty year gap is still a gap but unfortunately preterists make way more of 70ad then they should. In God's scheme of prophecy it really was pretty insignificant. It meant one thing and one thing alone. Israel's time of grace concerning the law has ended, period!
Do you have scripture supporting a centuries long gap between Daniel's 69th and 70th week? How about scripture directly showing a 7 year tribulation, or a pre-trib rapture?

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When The Spirit of Truth comes, He will guide you you into all The Truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak, and He will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take what is mine and declare it to you. All that The Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

It amazes me how The Lord can put so much in so little. In this, He has a message for all, and yet He has a message for one.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it will be seven years. Yet in post #38 you said there is no seven year Tribulation.

Stranger
Correct, calling it the "tribulation" is a misnomer. Tribulation is not the same as judgment, there is only the Great trib which is a very short time within the context of the 70th week.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have scripture supporting a centuries long gap between Daniel's 69th and 70th week? How about scripture directly showing a 7 year tribulation, or a pre-trib rapture?
I don't agree with either of them. Yes, I think the 70th week is still future but to call it a "tribulation" period isn't accurate and I'm not pre-trib. The only scripture I have as proof is the hundreds of descriptive terms regarding the last days that have yet to be fulfilled and the simple fact that 70ad did NOT fulfill a significant amount of prophecy. Let's take the most common verse. Dan. 9:24 - "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy." Only the 2 underlined can be considered fulfilled. 2 out of 6 does NOT a fulfillment make. The best that one could claim is that 70ad might be considered a type for what is to come.

D

Dave L

I don't agree with either of them. Yes, I think the 70th week is still future but to call it a "tribulation" period isn't accurate and I'm not pre-trib. The only scripture I have as proof is the hundreds of descriptive terms regarding the last days that have yet to be fulfilled and the simple fact that 70ad did NOT fulfill a significant amount of prophecy. Let's take the most common verse. Dan. 9:24 - "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy." Only the 2 underlined can be considered fulfilled. 2 out of 6 does NOT a fulfillment make. The best that one could claim is that 70ad might be considered a type for what is to come.
We still have zero scripture supporting your view.