God changed Seventh Day Sabbath Worship to First Day of the Week

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been careful not to call your salvation into question. I have also avoided name-calling and direct insults.

Jesus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil: but if well, why smitest thou me? (John 18:23)

Try not to use disjointed Scripture.
You only condemn those that don't keep your law, but you do it nicely, being very careful not to call names, other than disobedient law breakers, whose judgment will be with the unsaved.

Jesus wasn't so polite, but much more honest. He called a hypocrite and snake and devil what they were.

I care nothing for your so-called courtesies. Sticks and stones...

Be an adult with plain answers to the simple questions I have asked you:

1.But no amount of keeping Sabbath or any other commandment can save a person.

And so, no amount of not keeping the Sabbath can judge a person as a transgressor and condemn as the unsaved?

2. All this talk of accusation and condemnation is ridiculous.

My mistake. I must have wrongly lumped you in with several others who have stated plainly we are judged guilty with the unbelievers, by not keeping the Sabbath.

I apologize.

And so, are any not saved, nor will be found naked and not washed in the blood in that day, because they do not keep a Sabbath, either by ignorance or by refusal to do so by commandment
?

State yourself plainly. You answer 'No' to these, then I withdraw the charge of false accusation to you. No problem. With apologies for my false accusation against you, by lumping you in with the others that say 'Yes' plainly.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Seventh day Adventist personalization and sentimentalization of the Sabbath is just that, a fallen flat flopped flapjack effort at inspired prose. To conceal the Sabbath's ONLY GLORY AND HONOUR AND ESTEEM, THIS, Hebrews 4:4-- "GOD, BY THE SON, in these LAST days, CONCERNING THE SEVENTH DAY, SPAKE, THUS: And God, BECAUSE of ALL, HIS, WORKS HE HAD DONE, RESTED." God spake by Jesus Christ with act of Salvation THAT TOUCHES THE HEART for which reason He admonishes DO NOT HARDEN THE HEART!

Adventists say God's greatest work of Salvation is no reason for God speaking through Jesus thus concerning the Seventh Day. They say God only meant man must remember the Sabbath <<as a memorial of creation>> - God's work of creating heaven and earth in six days.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus obeyed the 10 Commandments. They are HIS Commandments.

Must I also be a Jew now? Is that the rule you're making up as you go along?

His Spirit guides us as we obey His Commands. If we are out of line, He lets us know.

It is God's doctrine. He chose the day.

Man changed it.

The God of Israel, called Jehovah, gave those commandments to Moses in the law He gave from the mount to a physical seed of promise, with the first covenant of God made by law after a carnal commandment.

The God of Israel then came down from heaven to earth as a man in the flesh, and He was called by Scripture Jesus, to confirm that covenant with the physical seed and to fulfill the law given to them.

They had Him crucified, and now the risen God of Israel has a new covenant with a new people of Israel, born after the Spirit and not after the flesh, and His commandments and law He has given to His apostles, whom He chose to give to His people of promise:

No Sabbath commandment is written by the apostles in the doctrine of Christ to us. Neither is it written in the hearts of all believers, because then they would be keeping the Sabbath by law naturally, even as all the law of Christ.

The very necessity of trying to prove the Sabbath commandment for Christians, is proof that is does not come natural to Christians, which is proof it is not a commandment of law written in our hearts.

You are a proselytizer of your own commandment, not an example of the believer walking in the steps of our risen Saviour Jesus Christ.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

His Spirit guides us as we obey His Commands. If we are out of line, He lets us know.

It is God's doctrine. He chose the day.

Man changed it.
You claim to be walking in steps of Jesus born a Jew under the law of Moses, to keep the Sabbath. And yet, you reject His steps on other matters of law pertaining to foods, drinks, days, new moons, feasts, linens, which jesus obeyed and walked in.

You ignore this point, and then compound the error with the air of righteousness, that is born of ignorance of rightly applying Scripture, as well as using law of Scripture wrongly to accuse the guiltless.

You want to walk in Jesus' steps a Jew of the old covenant, go ahead and do so with all the law He kept daily. Otherwise you are profaning the Sabbath by playing at the law, like a doll house of your own making.

You want to walk in the steps of Jesus as a Jew under law of Moses, then be a Jew under the law of Moses, as Jesus was in the flesh on earth.

This is the 2nd admonition made to you on this point, and you ignore it. Therefore, until you respond honestly, you are rejected as a serious adult.

It is God's doctrine. He chose the day. Man changed it.

It is your commandment you have reincarnated in your own image, for which you profane the Sabbath that was by commandment, and idolize your own down in it's stead.

Show the Scripture of any apostles who commanded the Sabbath for the people of the risen God of Israel in His new testament, according to the law of Christ.

Such Scripture does not exist, and such a commandment is not written on our hearts. It must be 'learned' from them that proselytize it, who do so willingly and ignorantly by mishandling of the Scriptures, and misapplying them to the new with partiality: Jesus walked as Jew under law of Moses, you declare you walk as He did: do so, without respect to points of law of Moses by your own picking and choosing.

The Spirit can't guide anyone in spiritual matters, when they do not acknowledge simple Scripture written with ink and pen.

How can they follow God's Spirit, whom they have not seen, yet acknowledge not His Word, which they can see? (1 John 4:20)

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You guys really need to remember which screen name you're using when you post. One minute you're agreeing with somebody on a specific point, the next you're disagreeing with them on said point under the same screen name.

Here is Matthew 28:1 for all to see.
"In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre."

Plain and simple. Says that the Sabbath ended and the first day of the week (Sunday) began.

Now work your voodoo and turn that into some CRAZY contention.

This, <<plain and simple>> - for whatever covert reason - if not pretending, is lying, and if not lying, is ignorance, and if not ignorance, is bigotry. Because <<"In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week,>> and, <<the Sabbath ended and the first day of the week (Sunday) began>>, plain and simple, is plain and simple CONTRADICTION.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Matthew 28:1 says is that the Sabbath day ended and the 1st day of the week began. It supports 7th Day Sabbath doctrine fully.

I must admit you are the first to notice that the Sabbath [seventh day] has ended, but you forget the word "week" is the same plural Hebrew word "sabbaton" [sabbaths].

Rendering Matthew 28:1 to explicitly state: "In the end of the sabbaths, as it began towards the first of the sabbaths [week]...
That is an era of sabbaths [seventh day] has ended and a new era of sabbaths [first of the sabbaths (week)] has begun.

God didn't change any dates and Matthew 28 is scripture.

Look again at Matthew 28:1 but this time look at it with your spiritual eyes for discernment or are you spiritual? 1 Corinthians 2:14.

The Catholic Church has boldly CLAIMED to have changed the Sabbath Day to Sunday. It is well documented and well-known. Scripture speaks of the Pope when it describes the Man of Sin changing times and dates.

The CC may have claimed to have changed the Sabbath Day to the first day of the week but it is NOT biblical. Satan is depicted as the man of sin and never the Pope!

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That which shall go to hell forever

That's it??? And you a sinner acting like God to say who goes to hell or not? Very funny indeed. Are you a comedian because you made me cry so hard that tears came rolling down my cheeks and a stomach ache to boot from laughing. You're really funny!

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plain and simple. Says that the Sabbath ended and the first day of the week (Sunday) began.

Now work your voodoo and turn that into some CRAZY contention.

It's because you're reading the Bible like it's an ordinary book instead of a spiritual book and that's where your problems lies.

The Bible tells us that Jesus spoke in parables and without a parable He did not speak. A parable is an earthly story with a heavenly meaning.

I hope this helps.

To God Be The Glory

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I must admit you are the first to notice that the Sabbath [seventh day] has ended, but you forget the word "week" is the same plural Hebrew word "sabbaton" [sabbaths].

Rendering Matthew 28:1 to explicitly state: "In the end of the sabbaths, as it began towards the first of the sabbaths [week]...
That is an era of sabbaths [seventh day] has ended and a new era of sabbaths [first of the sabbaths (week)] has begun.

Ignoramus bloated to bursting of pride in his ignorance pouw wouw phfft phfft cry baby here's another balloon now big man

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Luk 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Psa 51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

For this I thank you. These verses have taken on new meaning for me through this discussion. And I thank GOD for it in the first place. Vipers and devils and Antichrists are the order of the day, but they are so full of themselves they pose no danger to any lover of God's Word. From very young I went after snakes. Today I feel bad about it, but it trained me how to deal with modern venomous things like smart Greek and trype scholars.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
True. I forgot who I was dealing with. There is a commandment against the great commandments: the Sabbath keeper commandment.

That commandment is against any that fulfill the royal law to love our neighbors as ourselves.

So, to clarify, there is no law of God against them that keep His greatest commandments by faith of Jesus.

Not true you have not forgotten with whom you ARE - not <were> dealing.
Man, even when there is no reason whatsoever for you to lie, YOU LIE! You are a nut case of compulsory feigning and LYING!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No Sabbath commandment is written by the apostles in the doctrine of Christ to us. Neither is it written in the hearts of all believers, because then they would be keeping the Sabbath by law naturally, even as all the law of Christ.

FREE-WILL IDOLATRY OF THE PROUD, Roman Catholics, Arminians and Charismatics charlatons! Om van te walg!

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Show the Scripture of any apostles who commanded the Sabbath for the people of the risen God of Israel in His new testament, according to the law of Christ.
The Spirit can't guide anyone in spiritual matters, when they do not acknowledge simple Scripture written with ink and pen.
Pretty much clear ... except clearly for rd's IQ. He excelled himself this time.