God gives Power to become Rich. Gain Riches, Wealth. and Success.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Isaiah 53.
Hebrews 13:5
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
I became a Christian in 1966, and I am now 72 years old, and I can testify to this reference as being absolutely true for me. The Lord has always provided for my needs and I have never been in a state where I have not known where my next meal is coming from. In my 30s, I spent four years living on the smell of an oily rag as a mature student and experienced miracles of provision when I ran out of money. My first marriage broke up and I lost my home, family, and material possessions and ended up living out of a suitcase, but the Lord provided for me, and 10 years later, He provided me with a new home, family, and all the possessions that I had lost. I am now retired on superannuation, so I am neither rich nor poor, but I still have all my needs supplied according to God's promise: "My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory".

I don't subscribe to the prosperity gospel heresy. That false teaching is putting more and more people on the road to hell through covetousness, the love of money, and the desire for personal fame and influence.

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I became a Christian in 1966, and I am now 72 years old, and I can testify to this reference as being absolutely true for me. The Lord has always provided for my needs and I have never been in a state where I have not known where my next meal is coming from. In my 30s, I spent four years living on the smell of an oily rag as a mature student and experienced miracles of provision when I ran out of money. My first marriage broke up and I lost my home, family, and material possessions and ended up living out of a suitcase, but the Lord provided for me, and 10 years later, He provided me with a new home, family, and all the possessions that I had lost. I am now retired on superannuation, so I am neither rich nor poor, but I still have all my needs supplied according to God's promise: "My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory".

I don't subscribe to the prosperity gospel heresy. That false teaching is putting more and more people on the road to hell through covetousness, the love of money, and the desire for personal fame and influence.
Well said brother. I pray your wise words reach those who are on that road, that they find the exit real soon.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all free to say NO THANKS GOD I don't want your gifts and blessings!!!

Do you not consider food on the table, clothes on your back a home and a job to be like, crazy awesome blessings as it is??? What is with the more, more more mentality? Anything above and beyond what we need should be given to the needy, or to plant a Church in some 3rd world country which, BTW-if you see how they live on a daily basis would truly show up how very rich you are! - not to spend on the "things" you lust for. God is NOT a genie and money is going to be one thing God will hold us accountable for; as to how we use what He gifts us with.

"seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

"...for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him."

All of these things are needs, not worldly desires for money.

""24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other."

If you keep chasing the wrong things, they will take over you one way or another. He already knows what we need before we even ask Him. (vs 32)

I would be very careful of the motive behind this taste you have for earthly riches.
God Bless

Reactions: mjrhealth and Rita

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am happy to accept any gift and blessing God will give me and say !! Thanks!!!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
2Corinthians 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

At least there is one person who understands the obvious.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an old classic song by Janis Joplin, God have mercy.

Given the topic that repeats itself often enough among Televangelists, Prosperity Doctrine, imagine these lyrics in prayer form. I think it will put perspective onto the doctrine itself.

Oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz.
My friends all drive porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends.
So oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz
Oh lord won't you buy me a color TV.
Dialing for dollars is trying to find me.
I wait for delivery each day until 3.
So oh lord won't you buy me a color TV.
Oh lord won't you buy me a night on the town.
I'm counting on you lord, please don't let me down.
Prove that you love me and buy the next round.
Oh lord won't you buy me a night on the town.
Oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz
My friends all drive porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends.
So oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz
That's what I always think of when I hear health and wealth preaching. Seems the world understands how messed up that is, but often not the church.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am happy to accept any gift and blessing God will give me and say !! Thanks!!!
So am I. I just don't demand that he gives me whatever I desire. I believe many are not given wealth because God knows we would not handle it well. All good things come down from God. Whether wealth is good or not depends on if we view it with humility or as something we are owed just for being believers.

Reactions: Nancy

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what I always think of when I hear health and wealth preaching. Seems the world understands how messed up that is, but often not the church.
I would not say the whole of the church buy into the name it and claim it teaching. Only certain kinds of people are led to believe God pays you if you love him and give him money. He has overhead ya know.

Reactions: Nancy and Renniks

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not say the whole of the church buy into the name it and claim it teaching. Only certain kinds of people are led to believe God pays you if you love him and give him money. He has overhead ya know.

Malachi 3:10 10Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Malachi 3:10 10Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.
"And thus from Heaven fell Smart TV's, current model BMW's, Lamborghini's, Porsche's, Ferrari, Lotus, and the keys to great mansions spread about the land having suddenly sprang from the dust of Palestine, to receive all who held those means of entry....." Said no Bible scripture, ever.

Blessing [N]

God's intention and desire to bless humanity is a central focus of his covenant relationships. For this reason, the concept of blessing pervades the biblical record. Two distinct ideas are present. First, a blessing was a public declaration of a favored status with God. Second, the blessing endowed power for prosperity and success. In all cases, the blessing served as a guide and motivation to pursue a course of life within the blessing.

The Old Testament Terms for blessing abound in the Old Testament, occurring over 600 times. The major terms are related to the word meaning "to kneel, " since in earlier times one would kneel to receive a blessing.

The history of Israel begins with the promise of blessing. The curse, which had dominated the early chapters of the biblical story ( Genesis 3:14 Genesis 3:17 ; 4:11 ; 5:29 ; 9:25 ), was countered by God's promise to Abraham that "all peoples on earth will be blessed through you" ( Gen 12:3 ). The record of Israel's past is best understood as an outworking of blessing and cursing ( Deut 27:1-28:68 ).

The institutions of society — the family, government, and religion were the means by which ceremonial blessings were received. Within the family the father blessed his wife and children ( Gen 27:27-29 ; 49:25-26 ; 1 Sam 2:20 ). In the government context, the ruler blessed his subjects ( 2 Sam 6:18 ; 1 Kings 8:14 1 Kings 8:55 ). Those who possessed a priestly role were bestowed with the privilege of blessing ( Gen 14:19 ; Lev 9:22 ). The tribe of Levi was set apart "to pronounce blessings in his [the Lord's] name" ( Deut 10:8 ; 21:5 ).

Three common themes are present in formal Old Testament blessings. First, the greater blesses the lesser, a fact picked up by the writer of Hebrews to demonstrate the superiority of Melchizedek to Abraham ( Heb 7:6-7 ). Second, the blessing is a sign of special favor that is intended to result in prosperity and success ( Deu 28:3-7 ). Third, the blessing is actually an invocation for God's blessing: "May God Almighty bless you and make you fruitful" ( Gen 28:3 ).

In a less ceremonial sense, the Scriptures declare a general blessing on the righteous. Those who are obedient to God's commands are blessed with affluence and victory ( Deu 28:1-14 ). On the other hand, those who are disobedient are cursed ( Deu 28:15-68 ) and suffer the consequences of drought, disease, and deprivation.

It is also possible for a person to "bless" God. The terminology arises as a response to the blessings bestowed by God: "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits" ( Psalm 103:2 ; KJV ). These occurrences of "bless" are usually translated "praise" or "extol" in modern versions.

The New Testament The parallels between the Old and New Testament usages of blessing are striking. To be blessed is to be granted special favor by God with resulting joy and prosperity. In the New Testament, however, the emphasis is more on spiritual rather than on material blessings.

God's promise to Abraham again serves as a foundation for blessings. The pledge that "all peoples on earth shall be blessed" ( Gen 12:3 ) is fulfilled in the person and work of Jesus Christ ( Ga 3:8-14 ). He has borne the consequences of the curse for believers ( Gal 3:13 ) and blessed them with the forgiveness of sins ( Rom 4:6-9 ; see Psalm 32:1-2 ). Believers are "blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ" ( Eph 1:3 ) and now inherit the blessings promised through the patriarchs ( Hebrews 6:12 Hebrews 6:15 ; 12:17 ; 1 Peter 3:9 ). As a result of receiving God's blessings in Christ, believers are called to be a source of blessing to the world, especially in response to those who persecute them ( Luke 6:27-28 ; Rom 12:14 ; 1 Cor 4:12 ; 1 Peter 3:9 ; cf. Isa 19:24 ; Zech 8:13 ).

In a general sense, the terms for blessing in the New Testament are used to designate that one is favored by God. Included among these are Jesus ( Mark 11:9-10 ); children ( Mark 10:13-16 ); Mary ( Luke 1:42 Luke 1:48 ); the disciples ( Luke 24:50 ); those who "have not seen and yet have believed" ( John 20:29 ); and those who endure trials ( James 1:12 ; 5:11 ). As in the Old Testament, when these words are ascribed to God they are rendered "praise" ( Rom 1:25 ; 9:5 ; 2 Cor 11:31 ).

The most recognizable references to blessing come from the teachings of Jesus. He declares that in spite of difficulties at the present time, the promises of God's salvation and coming kingdom bring a state of happiness and recognized favor with God ( Matt 5:3-10 ; Luke 6:20-22 ). The culmination of the Scriptures proclaims the end of the curse ( Rev 22:3 ) and the eternal blessedness of the people of God ( Rev 20:6 ; 22:7 ).

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Believers that are living in the will of God can expect these benefits==
Psalm 103:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

Psalm 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

Psalm 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Psalm 103:4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

Psalm 103:5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ha, grew up hearing that one v beat to death by prosperity clowns lol
guess everyone gotta learn the hard way though

wow, seen Bob Tilton lately?
used to goto his "church" in dallas
man, look at him now! so sad

never could converse with him either, he never heard a thing
Marty was sweet though, wonder what happened to her?
got wise i bet. finally.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word is living, inspired eternal truth!!
God gives Power to become Rich. Gain Riches, Wealth. and Success. Why do many fight against receiving the gifts of God?
Deuteronomy 8:18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
Ecclesiastes 5:18 Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion.

Ecclesiastes 5:19 Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God.

Ecclesiastes 5:20 For he shall not much remember the days of his life; because God answereth him in the joy of his heart.
God gives power to become rich, gain wealth, be successful! If God gives power to become rich, wealthy, successful, then he must not be against riches, wealth, and success. He must want us to be rich, wealthy, and successful with physical and spiritual riches.
To Remember is Always to Prosper (April 19, 2020) | Jesse Duplantis

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@GISMYS_7 im 57, dont own a car or even a house, most expensive thing I own is a camera lens. Im content with God s provision, I have all I need as many have stated. If you are not content than you never will be. Persuing the riches of the world leaves you open to deception which has destroyed many pastors, and just leaves you with much to loose,

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GISMYS_7 im 57, dont own a car or even a house, most expensive thing I own is a camera lens. Im content with God s provision, I have all I need as many have stated. If you are not content than you never will be. Persuing the riches of the world leaves you open to deception which has destroyed many pastors, and just leaves you with much to loose,

Believers Accepting the blessings and gifts from God is NOT Pursuing the riches of the world.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, grew up hearing that one v beat to death by prosperity clowns lol
guess everyone gotta learn the hard way though

wow, seen Bob Tilton lately?
used to goto his "church" in dallas
man, look at him now! so sad

never could converse with him either, he never heard a thing
Marty was sweet though, wonder what happened to her?
got wise i bet. finally.

"ha, grew up hearing that one v beat to death by prosperity clowns lol
guess everyone gotta learn the hard way though"

Lol...I was thinking the very same thing...ad nauseum. It is their finest talking point before doing the "collecting"...THEN...they had the children do the same so they could "learn to tithe" :rolleyes: We are not even under tithing any longer, it comes from the heart or not...even above and beyond that ten percent OT Law should be given if you are blessed so.

Reactions: bbyrd009