God Is Father: To All Who Believe!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What keeps a person from understanding God as their father? How could a born again believer not know God as father escapes me. I know I went some years without knowing God as father. What can change that? Seeing the Son in you. It is as simple as that because Jesus is the one that reveals the father. His father is now the father of all born again believers because His Father birthed them. Where or when did he birth them? The moment they believed on the Son - on the Lord Jesus Christ the Son.

5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above: )

7 or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. - Romans 10:5-13

The only begotten Son: The Only begotten Son is 'the first born among many brethren.' Believing God is the way of salvation. You know it was not an altar that saved you. As much as I have a feeling for making that long journey from sinners row (back row of the pews in a church), to going down to answer a altar call - we call them. That is not your salvation - your salvation was hanging in a balance just waiting. The moment, very moment you believed, you were birthed by an exchange of natures. That is God salvation that is written to the world today.

How shall they hear. Are you going to tell them. 'Well I have a preacher and he gives his message to sinners.' That may be well and good but that is not scriptural teaching of believers reaching the world. We may help support those that have a call to go into all the world, but that is not the full answer.

Where we live, work, eat, go, do, date, married to, and what not - that is the whole world. It may be just my world but it is 'all the world' that I reach. What do I teach/preach or whatever you want to label yourself as a gospel spreader? If you are not careful you will sit and hope those that are called will do all that needs done. No such thing. What needs done is done by you, not the other guy. It is you the Lord called and choose to be his, it is he that gives you your gifting and talents from birth. And now it is used for good, what was meant for evil! Glory, is now meant for good. The reaching of that worn out soul that needs you, like you needed someone at that particular time.

They were there when you needed them. Be ye ever present - in season, out of season. To have the hope that lies within you, ready in a moment, in a twinkling of an eye, anytime prepared. There is no right time - time is now. You cannot set a time for spontenous living - it either comes out of you or you haven't learned him: Paul said.

We must see him who is life. You tired of death, 'see life - it's right there under yhe nose of a believer.' It is written for all to see, allow this mind, allow the Spirit to teach you The Son in you. The only way to see your father is by the Son. Who is the first born among many brethren.

If he is still 'just your God.' God did this - God did that, God told me. Ok God told me! Think on these things. What God' has for you (is in you), is very necessary and needed in this world. Be that! learn it, bring it, trust in it. It is he who does the work. You may plant or water but God will give an increase. It is really not our business what and how he does what he does.

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What keeps a person from understanding God as their father? How could a born again believer not know God as father escapes me. I know I went some years without knowing God as father. What can change that? Seeing the Son in you. It is as simple as that because Jesus is the one that reveals the father. His father is now the father of all born again believers because His Father birthed them. Where or when did he birth them? The moment they believed on the Son - on the Lord Jesus Christ the Son.

5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above: )

7 or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. - Romans 10:5-13

The only begotten Son: The Only begotten Son is 'the first born among many brethren.' Believing God is the way of salvation. You know it was not an altar that saved you. As much as I have a feeling for making that long journey from sinners row (back row of the pews in a church), to going down to answer a altar call - we call them. That is not your salvation - your salvation was hanging in a balance just waiting. The moment, very moment you believed, you were bithed by an exchange of natures. That is God salvation that is written to the world today.

How shall they hear. Are you going to tell them. 'Well I have a preacher and he gives his message to sinners.' That may be well and good but that is not scriptural teaching of believers reaching the world. We may help support those that have a call to go into all the world, but that is not the full answer.

Where we live, work, eat, go, do, dating, married to, and what not - that is the whole world. It may be just my world but it is 'all the world' that I reach. What do I teach/preach or whatever you want to label yourself as a gospel spreader? If you are not careful you will sit and hope those that are called will do all that needs done. No such thing. What needs done is done by you, not the other guy. It is you the Lord called and choose to be his, it is he that gives you your gifting and talents from birth. And now it is used for good, what was meant for evil! Glory, is now meant for good. The reaching of that worn out soul that needs you, like you needed someone at that particular time.

They were there when you needed them. Be ye ever present - in season, out of season. To have the hope that lies within you, ready in a moment, in a twinkling of an eye, anytime prepared. There is no right time - time is now. You cannot set a time for spontenous living - it either comes out of you or you haven't learned him: Paul said.

We must see him who is life. You tired of death, 'see life - it's right there under yhe nose of a believer.' It is written for all to see, allow this mind, allow the Spirit to teach you The Son in you. The only way to see your father is by the Son. Who is the first born among many brethren.

If he is still 'just your God.' God did this - God did that, God told me. Ok God told me! Think on these things. What God' has for you (is in you), is very necessary and needed in this world. Be that! learn it, bring it, trust in it. It is he who does the work. You may plant or water but God will give an increase. It is really not our business what and how he does what he does.

No born again believer does not know God Mike. Obviously Jehovah will not select someone who does not know Him for that special privilege. But I will agree that the vast majority of the world does not know Him. Why? No doubt like I you think it only common sense to want to know your creator, yet Jesus pointed out that only a few would be found to serve God. It has always been that way, Jesus used parables to explain the reason, a simply one that is point blank in understanding that is the parable of the sower, the seeds that fell on good soil sprouted healthily and matured. What does the soil refer to? The heart sir, no not the blood pumper, but the mind and loving makeup of the individual. There are many qualities of the heart. When Jesus summed up the law by the two commandments found at Mat 22 37-39 we can see that those who are obedient to those are those of the good soil sir 1 Jn 5:3

Reactions: soul man

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The only begotten Son: The Only begotten Son is 'the first born among many brethren.' Believing God is the way of salvation. You know it was not an altar that saved you. As much as I have a feeling for making that long journey from sinners row (back row of the pews in a church), to going down to answer a altar call - we call them. That is not your salvation - your salvation was hanging in a balance just waiting. The moment, very moment you believed, you were birthed by an exchange of natures. That is God salvation that is written to the world today.

Where we live, work, eat, go, do, date, married to, and what not - that is the whole world. It may be just my world but it is 'all the world' that I reach. What do I teach/preach or whatever you want to label yourself as a gospel spreader? If you are not careful you will sit and hope those that are called will do all that needs done. No such thing. What needs done is done by you, not the other guy. It is you the Lord called and choose to be his, it is he that gives you your gifting and talents from birth. And now it is used for good, what was meant for evil! Glory, is now meant for good. The reaching of that worn out soul that needs you, like you needed someone at that particular time.

soul man: Yes indeed, the one true God YHWH is truly our Father. We can cry out in a personal way to him - cry out 'Abba!'
True believers know that their true personal God is the Father of Yahshua, the Christ, his Son!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even Yahshua spoke of his Father in Matthew 6:9 that supports the fact that the Almighty is our Father for those that believe. "After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name." (Expository English Bible)

As one commentator Ellicott wrote:
"Our Father.—It is clear that the very word “Abba” (father) uttered by our Lord here, as in Mark 14:36, so impressed itself on the minds of men that, like “Amen” and “Hallelujah” and “Hosanna,” it was used in the prayers even of converts from heathenism and Hellenistic Judaism."

And....

"The words “Our Father” are not a form excluding the use of the more personal “My Father” in solitary prayer, but they are a perpetual witness that even then we should remember that our right to use that name is no peculiar privilege of ours, but is shared by every member of the great family of God."

Another commentator Benson wrote:
"Almighty God has a peculiar right to the title of Father, as from every creature, so particularly from mankind, being the father of their spirits, Hebrews 12:9, the maker of their bodies, and the continual preserver of both: and he is in a yet higher sense the father of his believing and obedient people, whom he adopts into his family, regenerates by his grace, and restores to his image: so that, partaking of his nature, they become his genuine children, and can with holy boldness call him their father. "

APAK

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where were you guys some time ago?

iv been screaming that stuff for some time here.

the "born again" receive the Life of Christ which is to become sonship to and in the Father. Jesus went on about His Father in Him and He in the Father so on and so forth. Jesus says that behold the Kingdom of God is within you. not some la la place up in the sky. Jesus would say His Father in Heaven while stating His Father is in Him and even state that He was in Heaven while yet in the flesh. He also states something to the effect that one can't be in Heaven unless one is from Heaven, Hence that which you are born of is already in Heaven in the case of the born again in Christ.

if you must I'll look them up, but they are in the gospels.

also you're born into Heaven like being born into the world, not of you own will but the will of the Spirit, in the case of Heaven you didn't have or receive the Spirit until you were born thereof. and Jesus specifically says, will of spirit.

Reactions: APAK and soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where were you guys some time ago?

iv been screaming that stuff for some time here.

the "born again" receive the Life of Christ which is to become sonship to and in the Father. Jesus went on about His Father in Him and He in the Father so on and so forth. Jesus says that behold the Kingdom of God is within you. not some la la place up in the sky. Jesus would say His Father in Heaven while stating His Father is in Him and even state that He was in Heaven while yet in the flesh. He also states something to the effect that one can't be in Heaven unless one is from Heaven, Hence that which you are born of is already in Heaven in the case of the born again in Christ.

if you must I'll look them up, but they are in the gospels.

also you're born into Heaven like being born into the world, not of you own will but the will of the Spirit, in the case of Heaven you didn't have or receive the Spirit until you were born thereof. and Jesus specifically says, will of spirit.

Thanks DPM for good comment and for adding to with scripture.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks DPM for good comment and for adding to with scripture.
here's some FYI incase you wanted it:

Joh_10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
Joh_14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh_14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Joh_14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Joh_17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

we all know His statement of His Father in heaven, and since His Father is in heaven and in Him, then Heaven is within Him.

here is where Jesus states while in the flesh He is in Heaven:
Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

here He explains the location of the Kingdom of Heaven:

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

even though Jesus is the Word of God made flesh, He never left Heaven. now location within Heaven or Kingdom of Heaven can be different such as place of power as in the Right Hand of God. hence Jesus ascended to the Right Hand of Power, just as men ascend to places of power in the world, but that didn't mean He wasn't in Heaven before He ascended at the Mt of Olives..

if you have the indwelling of God, where is God, in Heaven correct?

God's choice
Luk_10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.
Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Mat_11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

to know is to experience which is a revelation which is a experience which is to know, i know that sounds like hooey, but its just to associate.

therefore you cannot know unless the Lord reveal, which includes reveal Himself, and only God choses to do that or not.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here's some FYI incase you wanted it:

Joh_10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
Joh_14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh_14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Joh_14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Joh_17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

we all know His statement of His Father in heaven, and since His Father is in heaven and in Him, then Heaven is within Him.

here is where Jesus states while in the flesh He is in Heaven:
Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

here He explains the location of the Kingdom of Heaven:

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

even though Jesus is the Word of God made flesh, He never left Heaven. now location within Heaven or Kingdom of Heaven can be different such as place of power as in the Right Hand of God. hence Jesus ascended to the Right Hand of Power, just as men ascend to places of power in the world, but that didn't mean He wasn't in Heaven before He ascended at the Mt of Olives..

if you have the indwelling of God, where is God, in Heaven correct?

God's choice
Luk_10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.
Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Mat_11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

to know is to experience which is a revelation which is a experience which is to know, i know that sounds like hooey, but its just to associate.

therefore you cannot know unless the Lord reveal, which includes reveal Himself, and only God choses to do that or not.

Thanks. Look at what Paul says to the born again believer. After the cross.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. - Galatians 1:11-12.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. Look at what Paul says to the born again believer. After the cross.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. - Galatians 1:11-12.

you could also look at the road to Damascus as he had no intentions of "finding Christ" while he was doing his best to take out Christians. there's no documentation, but you could bet a guy like Steven was praying for mercy for then Saul while he was being stoned. and Saul seeing a man like Steven, it didn't seem to phase him in his pursuits against the Christians. then wham there's the revelation of God before him.

the revelation is everything to us.

we know the Word of God is our meat and living water to sustain and grow in Christ, on a tv vet show the vet addressed the dog's over weight could be because food is love. an interesting analogy in this case of the Lord feeding us.

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If he is still 'just your God.' God did this - God did that, God told me. Ok God told me! Think on these things. What God' has for you (is in you), is very necessary and needed in this world. Be that! learn it, bring it, trust in it. It is he who does the work. You may plant or water but God will give an increase. It is really not our business what and how he does what he does.[/QUOTE

Who said there is a problem there?

Every believer is familiar with the Lord’s Prayer that starts off with OUR FATHER.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"God is Father to all who believe" is a lie, no matter how appealing it sounds. Heretics and apostates are technically believers if they acknowledge God's existence, but that doesn't make them His children. The Bible says a person has to have God's Spirit for Him to be their Father:

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." - Rom. 8:9

Now in order for somebody to be given God's Spirit, they would have to obey God first:

“And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.” - Acts 5:32

Only the Bible can define what makes God somebody's Father, and it says a person has to have His Spirit. If a kid claimed that i'm their father and they don't have my DNA in them, they would be lying. It's the same principle with Christianity. Unless somebody has God's Spirit(not believe they do or talk about how Spirit-filled they supposedly are) and obeys God's commandments, that person is not a Christian. To anyone who disobeys God's commandments or other biblical doctrines as a way of life and tells other people to do the same, the Bible is clear on who their father really is:

"in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience," - Eph. 2:2

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"God is Father to all who believe" is a lie, no matter how appealing it sounds. Heretics and apostates are technically believers if they acknowledge God's existence, but that doesn't make them His children. The Bible says a person has to have God's Spirit for Him to be their Father:

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." - Rom. 8:9

Now in order for somebody to be given God's Spirit, they would have to obey God first:

“And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.” - Acts 5:32

Only the Bible can define what makes God somebody's Father, and it says a person has to have His Spirit. If a kid claimed that i'm their father and they don't have my DNA in them, they would be lying. It's the same principle with Christianity. Unless somebody has God's Spirit(not believe they do or talk about how Spirit-filled they supposedly are) and obeys God's commandments, that person is not a Christian. To anyone who disobeys God's commandments or other biblical doctrines as a way of life and tells other people to do the same, the Bible is clear on who their father really is:

"in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience," - Eph. 2:2

God doesn’t just zap His spirit into the elect - faith in Jesus, and repentance of sins, causes regeneration, and the new birth, and the Holy Spirit then indwells us.

And there’s actually more to being saved, because Romans 10:8-13 establishes that we must confess with our mouth the faith in our heart that Jesus is Lord, who God raised from the dead, to be saved and also must CALL upon the name of the Lord, which ties in with Jesus saying that IF we confess Him before men, He will confess us to the Father.

And John 1:12 shows we must choose to receive Jesus to become a child of God - and yes, it’s a choice, as proven by verse 11, where Jesus own whom He came for, refused to receive Him, then it says in verse 12, but those who DO receive Him, become children of God.

And Acts 3:19 and 1 John 1:9 makes it clear that we must choose to repent of and confess our sins, as part of conversion and having our sins forgiven, as part of salvation.

Put it all together, that we must confess our faith with our mouth, must call upon the Lord, must receive Jesus, and must confess and repent of our sins, is where the prayer for salvation comes from.

Prayer of salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe you died on a cross for my sins and rose again - please come into my heart, forgive my sins, save my soul, and make me a new creature.

Asking Him to come into our heart, Revelation 3:20, so He will dwell there Ephesians 3:17, is also a biblical way to receive Him per John 1:12.

There are sadly going to be some very surprised believers on judgment day - who thought that the mere fact they believed meant they were already the regenerated elect, (or they wouldn’t believe) - who will find out they’re a goat instead of a sheep.

There will also be some very surprised believers who believed but never repented to God and asked Him to forgive their sins, who will discover they were never saved.

Of course there will be those offended by there being a prayer for salvation, who will deny biblical facts, like there always are.