God LAUGHS at the trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People with vision problems wear glasses. They don't jack their type font to ridiculous sizes because THEY can't see what they're typing. You're doing it for effect and to try to add some measure of authority to your posts.

Amadeus plays the same game here. He thinks people believe that he types larger words because he's older and can't see well. It's all done for effect and as an attempt to inflate the importance of what he has to say. That's the only purpose.
I am only 660

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am only 660
I wouldn't mind living that long if my body would last.

Man, the years go by fast.

I hope to serve My Lord and Savior enough to make a difference before my wisp of smoke is gone with the wind.

I wonder if anybody ever feels like they've done enough with their life when their final days are near.

Reactions: The Learner

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Read carefully.

The deity of the Father is Christ Jesus.

Heb. 1:8

The Father is the deity of Christ Jesus and the OT source of Hebrews 1:8 - Psalm 45:6 - is just one of the many sources within scripture which are wholly suitable to combat your brand of anti-trinitarianism. It’s ironic that the trinitarians themselves aren’t able to employ it to that purpose. They, too, will not acknowledge the specialized use of elohim / theos by the writer of Hebrews.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Your throne, o god, stands forever; … therefore God, your God, anointed you …”

(New American Bible, 1991 edition)

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Your throne, o god, stands forever; … therefore God, your God, anointed you …”

(New American Bible, 1991 edition)
In verse 7 the author contrasts what he says of the angels with what he says of the Son. Hebrews 1:8 is a strong affirmation of the deity of the Son

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
In verse 7 the author contrasts what he says of the angels with what he says of the Son.

Yes.

Hebrews 1:8 is a strong affirmation of the deity of the Son

Hebrews 1:8 is speaking about a human person, once lower than the angels, now higher than the angels. Trinitarianism denies that the second person of the Trinity is a human person.

The beauty of the NAB 1991 edition is that it recognized the specialized use of elohim / theos by the writer of Hebrews, which almost never occurs in a trinitarian translation. The New American Bible Revised Edition (NABRE) ”corrected” it.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Hebrews 1:8 is speaking about a human person, once lower than the angels, now higher than the angels. Trinitarianism denies that the second person of the Trinity is a human person.

The beauty of the NAB 1991 edition is that it recognized the specialized use of elohim / theos by the writer of Hebrews, which almost never occurs in a trinitarian translation. The New American Bible Revised Edition (NABRE) ”corrected” it.
Almost every version translates it differently

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Almost every version translates it differently

That’s right. The question is, why?

Catholic translation 1991. Cheers.

Revised Catholic translation 2011. Sighs.

I still like NABRE for my private reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.