God LAUGHS at the trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a hostile attack on the beliefs of mainstream Christians and not an attempt to have meaningful dialogue.
I kind of agree. Humility does not allow presuming what the almighty WOULD say, let alone MOCK (by laughing). My focus is on what he did and did not say in Scripture.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I kind of agree. Humility does not allow presuming what the almighty WOULD say, let alone MOCK (by laughing). My focus is on what he did and did not say in Scripture.
It serves as a reminder to me to be careful what I post and be able to disagree without being disrespectful. I may have been guilty myself but I'll be more careful in the future.

Reactions: Wrangler

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary, Jesus' will was not separate from the Father's.
John 5:19
John 5:30

In the Garden of Gethsemane, He prayed and asked that He not have to go through what He knew He was about to have to go through out of human fear because He was a man in the flesh in His mission here upon the earth, but He also said 'Thy will be done' at the end of that prayer knowing that He could not deny "HIMSELF." 2 Timothy 2:13

Jesus was praying to the Eternal Source from whence He came.

And why did the Father call Jesus God here? Hebrews 1:8
Hebrews 1:8 because Jesus is God. We agree on that

Reactions: mailmandan

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 1:8 because Jesus is God.

Well, if you read into it your doctrine and it out of context of Hebrews 1:5, maybe. For God never said to any angel what he said to Jesus: “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.” God also said, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son.

Who said to Jesus that he WILL BE (temporal future) his son? God - in his unitarian nature - said this to Jesus.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if you read into it your doctrine and it out of context of Hebrews 1:5, maybe. For God never said to any angel what he said to Jesus: “You are my Son. Today I have become your Father.” God also said, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son.

Who said to Jesus that he WILL BE (temporal future) his son? God - in his unitarian nature - said this to Jesus.
Heres a few more verses also, two God's or just One God repeated?.
Hebrews 1:9
Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; Therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee With the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 37:12-13
"The wicked plotteth against the just, ... The Lord laughs at him: for He seeth that his day is coming."
Psalms 59:5
Psalms 59:8
"Thou ... O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. ... But thou, O LORD, ... laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision."

The Lord laughs at false doctrine all the day long.

He knows that those who fall prey to it are not His. They have not His Spirit and have chosen not to develop a love for the Truth. They are destroyed for their willing lack of knowledge in refusing to familiarize themselves with His Sacred Word.

2 Thessalonians 2:10
Hosea 4:6

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And who is that Son?

Isaiah 9:6
That Son is the Mighty God the Father.

Isaiah 63:11-16
That Son is the Shepherd.
That Son is the Name above ALL names. (above EVERY name)
That Son is the Spirit of the LORD.
That Son is the Father.
That Son is the Redeemer.
That Son is the Savior.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't believe Jesus was ever an angel. That's JWs. I said The Angel of the Lord may have been what I think is called a Theophany

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heres a few more verses also, two God's or just One God repeated?.
Hebrews 1:9
Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; Therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee With the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Well, we know God doesn't share His glory with anybody, that He is like NO OTHER and that He has NO EQUAL.
Isaiah 40:25
Isaiah 42:8
Isaiah 48:11
Isaiah 45:5-6
Isaiah 45:21-22
Isaiah 46:5
Isaiah 46:9

REALLY, really tough to fit a 2 (or 3) person God into all of that Sacred Scripture. Especially when we all agree that Jesus Christ is God.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we know God doesn't share His glory with anybody, that He is like NO OTHER and that He has NO EQUAL.

REALLY, really tough to fit a 2 (or 3) person God into all of that Sacred Scripture. Especially when we all agree that Jesus Christ is God.
When Jesus was baptized the Father spoke from Heaven and the Holy Spirit descended like a dove all at the same time. How did Jesus do all three by himself?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And yet Christ said that He shared His Father's glory and would be glorified again: And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. (John 17:5)

So you continue to stumble around because you do not love the truth. Just your own wild imaginings.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yea but not much is tough for God.

Isaiah 43:11
I, yes I, am the LORD, and there is no Savior but Me.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus was baptized the Father spoke from Heaven and the Holy Spirit descended like a dove all at the same time. How did Jesus do all three by himself?
An octopus doesn't always tell its legs to get food and bring it to the mouth of the octopus really wild stuff but nothing compared to what God can do.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet Christ said that He shared His Father's glory and would be glorified again: And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. (John 17:5)
And that glory He had with the Father was that Jesus WAS Him before He incarnated into the flesh.

In the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with God, and Jesus WAS GOD.
John 1:1

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um ... He was God?

Luke 1:37
Wow, what a horrible translation of that verse. The original verse reads "For with God nothing shall be impossible." (KJV) (And we talk about how silly it is to prefer one Bible version to another. There's the reason right there. Total and utter perversion of that Bible verse.)

And God exists outside of the space and time dimension that He Created.

He is not bound by the limitations that we are.

Stop trying so hard to diminish His Godliness. 1 Timothy 3:16 - And this verse should read "GOD was manifested in the flesh ..." not just He. Terrible.

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um ... He was God?

Luke 1:37
Wow, what a horrible translation of that verse. The original verse reads "For with God nothing shall be impossible." (KJV) (And we talk about how silly it is to prefer one Bible version to another. There's the reason right there. Total and utter perversion of that Bible verse.)

And God exists outside of the space and time dimension that He Created.

He is not bound by the limitations that we are.

Stop trying so hard to diminish His Godliness. 1 Timothy 3:16 - And this verse should read "GOD was manifested in the flesh ..." not just He. Terrible.
You must be addressing someone else in your post I didn't mention that verse

Status
Not open for further replies.