God says "My Church,Preachers,Pastors,Believers You are to Warn My People

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God says "My Church, Preachers, Pastors, Believers You are to Warn My People."
Ezekiel 3:17-21 God says=
17“Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the people of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. 18When I say to a wicked person, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade them from their evil ways in order to save their life, that wicked person will die for b their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. 19But if you do warn the wicked person and they do not turn from their wickedness or from their evil ways, they will die for their sin; but you will have saved yourself.

20“Again, when a righteous person turns from their righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before them, they will die. Since you did not warn them, they will die for their sin. The righteous things that person did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. 21But if you do warn the righteous person not to sin and they do not sin, they will surely live because they took warning, and you will have saved yourself.”
Did you receive a warning in your "church" today?? Were you told that today may be your last chance to believe and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and that Jesus is at the door ready to return and that we are living in the last days??

Reactions: 07-07-07

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did God want Ezekiel to warn His people about? Their sin.

Ezekiel 18
[20] The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.[21] But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.[22] All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.[23] Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?[24] But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

This verse throws OSAS out the window.

D

Dave L

What did God want Ezekiel to warn His people about? Their sin.

Ezekiel 18
[20] The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.[21] But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.[22] All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.[23] Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?[24] But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Much of this has nothing to do with salvation. It has everything to do with obedience to the Law that kept national Israel under God's material blessings. And drove them into exile for disobedience. If you determine who the audience is, the message makes more sense. Abraham and the faithful needed no such warnings. They were born again.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much of this has nothing to do with salvation. It has everything to do with obedience to the Law that kept national Israel under God's material blessings. And drove them into exile for disobedience. If you determine who the audience is, the message makes more sense. Abraham and the faithful needed no such warnings. They were born again.

There were people who went to hell during the time of the Law, so yes Ezekiel's warning is about salvation. Jesus said:

Luke 16
[19] There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:[20] And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,[21] And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.[22] And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;[23] And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.[24] And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

D

Dave L

There were people who went to hell during the time of the Law, so yes Ezekiel's warning is about salvation. Jesus said:

Luke 16
[19] There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:[20] And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,[21] And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.[22] And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;[23] And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.[24] And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
They all went to hell except for the born again. The Law could not save. It only provided physical rewards for obedience or material loss and death for disobedience. People cannot be saved by works of the law.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They all went to hell except for the born again. The Law could not save. It only provided physical rewards for obedience or material loss and death for disobedience. People cannot be saved by works of the law.

The Law cannot save now, but during the Law it was to be kept. No OSAS.

Ezekeil 18
[24] But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

D

Dave L

The Law cannot save now, but during the Law it was to be kept. No OSAS.

Ezekeil 18
[24] But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
“Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.” (Galatians 3:21–22) (KJV 1900)

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.” (Galatians 3:21–22) (KJV 1900)

I am not certain of what you're trying to say, but whoever continues in sin will perish. That is what God was saying through Ezekiel. Whether under the Law or under Grace, the soul who continues in sin will lift up their eyes in hell one day. There's no OSAS. Ezekiel 18:24

D

Dave L

I am not certain of what you're trying to say, but whoever continues in sin will perish. That is what God was saying through Ezekiel. Whether under the Law or under Grace, the soul who continues in sin will lift up their eyes in hell one day. There's no OSAS. Ezekiel 18:24
The OT law could not save so obedience only brought temporal physical blessing or cursing. The unbelievers at their best still went to hell.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OT law could not save so obedience only brought temporal physical blessing or cursing. The unbelievers at their best still went to hell.

Did Ezekiel and the other prophets keep the Law of Moses? Yes. Here's the last part of the story of the man in hell:

Luke 16
[27] Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:[28] For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.[29] Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.[30] And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.[31] And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

D

Dave L

Did Ezekiel and the other prophets keep the Law of Moses? Yes. Here's the last part of the story of the man in hell:

Luke 16
[27] Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:[28] For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.[29] Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.[30] And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.[31] And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
The born again kept the law in love according to their redeemed nature. The Al Capones kept it if they could profit doing so, or escape death and sickness through so doing. But they kept it for no good reason.

Reactions: Helen

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The born again kept the law in love according to their redeemed nature. The Al Capones kept it if they could profit doing so, or escape death and sickness through so doing. But they kept it for no good reason.

Love keeps Jesus' love law.

1 John 5
[1] Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.[2] By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.[4] For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

D

Dave L

Love keeps Jesus' love law.

1 John 5
[1] Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.[2] By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.[4] For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
This is what we are saying. Only the born again kept the law for the right reasons.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There were people who went to hell during the time of the Law, so yes Ezekiel's warning is about salvation.

SOooo can you give me a verse quote on that statement?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
True, but a sinning Christian is not in love with the Master, so that's why they continue in sin. No OSAS.

So, are you saying that you have reach "sinless perfection" and you never sin?

And...why do you keep harping on about OSAS? 5144_8f012efbd34082c2d1047080e03a7d90.gif

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not really. That passage makes no reference to justification by grace through faith. It does however refer to the righteousness or unrighteousness of people as governed by their conscience.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SOooo can you give me a verse quote on that statement?
Jesus spoke of it.

Luke 16
[19] There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:[20] And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,[21] And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.[22] And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;[23] And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.