God says "My Church,Preachers,Pastors,Believers You are to Warn My People

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
= they are not saved. Salvation keeps you from sinning or it isn't salvation.
Are you asserting that someone who begins walking with the Lord and then later departs from the faith was never saved?

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really. That passage makes no reference to justification by grace through faith. It does however refer to the righteousness or unrighteousness of people as governed by their conscience.
It most certainly does. Obedience = true faith because it comes from a new heart and spirit. Abraham was walking in grace long before grace and truth appeared in the flesh.

Reactions: Dave L

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This would be affirmative.
The Scriptures don't teach that. Jesus saves a person the very moment that they forsake their sins and begin following Him. Will the person stay with the Lord when trails and tribulations come? Some don't.

Reactions: amadeus
D

Dave L

The Scriptures don't teach that. Jesus saves a person the very moment that they forsake their sins and begin following Him. Will the person stay with the Lord when trails and tribulations come? Some don't.
3/4 of the converts washed out in the parable of the sower. Jesus says narrow is the way and few there be that find it. The problem is that many accept a Christ that is acceptable to the flesh, thinking they met the conditions and God owes salvation to them for their efforts. But even if these don't fall away, Jesus will tell them to depart, that he never knew them.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3/4 of the converts washed out in the parable of the sower. Jesus says narrow is the way and few there be that find it. The problem is that many accept a Christ that is acceptable to the flesh, thinking they met the conditions and God owes salvation to them for their efforts. But even if these don't fall away, Jesus will tell them to depart, that he never knew them.
I don't disagree with that. However, Jesus saves a person the moment they forsake their sins and begin following Him. Whether or not they endure to the end is another discussion.

Reactions: amadeus
D

Dave L

I don't disagree with that. However, Jesus saves a person the moment they forsake their sins and begin following Him. Whether or not they endure to the end is another discussion.
I believe the bible places salvation before faith and repentance. If you are born again (saved), you will believe the gospel and earnestly want to repent. That is, we believe and repent because we are saved. We are not saved because we believe and repent.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the bible places salvation before faith and repentance. If you are born again (saved), you will believe the gospel and earnestly want to repent. That is, we believe and repent because we are saved. We are not saved because we believe and repent.
There would be no need to preach the gospel if there is no need to convict a sinner with the Word of God.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But sinners are dead in trespasses and sins. Unless born again, the gospel is foolishness.
You have it backwards. Sinners are born again through the preaching of the Gospel under the convicting power of the Holy Spirit.

1 PETER 1
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

25But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Reactions: 07-07-07 and Helen
D

Dave L

You have it backwards. Sinners are born again through the preaching of the Gospel under the convicting power of the Holy Spirit.

1 PETER 1
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

25But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
It still takes regeneration before they can hear in any meaningful way.

“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” (1 Corinthians 2:14) (KJV 1900)

D

Dave L

Looks like you failed to read that Scripture properly. Please go back and re-read it several times.
If faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit, how can anyone have it without first having the Holy Spirit?

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,” (Galatians 5:22) (KJV 1900)

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit, how can anyone have it without first having the Holy Spirit?

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,” (Galatians 5:22) (KJV 1900)
Everyone is given a measure of faith to accept Jesus' sacrifice for their sins. If that measure of faith is used, then they can go from faith to faith.

Romans 1
[16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.[17] For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
True, but a sinning Christian is not in love with the Master, so that's why they continue in sin. No OSAS.
and so like so many you condemn yourself, just show me one man without sin and we will all show you a liar and a sinner. Here you stand banging nails into your own coffin.

Christ never died to stop men sinning He died so men wouldnt be condemned for there sins, than the religious come out and say, " that is no excuse to sin" yet they still sin themselves,

Rom_8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

when we believe we are sealed in Him and that is the end of the story for the believer, of course if you insist that God will judge you a second time for your sin after Christ already paid the price for them all, that would be you calling God a liar, and saying that Christ never actually did that at all.

D

Dave L

Everyone is given a measure of faith to accept Jesus' sacrifice for their sins. If that measure of faith is used, then they can go from faith to faith.

Romans 1
[16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.[17] For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
So all, even the Hitlers have the Holy Spirit, the only source of faith?

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and so like so many you condemn yourself, just show me one man without sin and we will all show you a liar and a sinner. Here you stand banging nails into your own coffin.

Christ never died to stop men sinning He died so men wouldnt be condemned for there sins, than the religious come out and say, " that is no excuse to sin" yet they still sin themselves,

Rom_8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

when we believe we are sealed in Him and that is the end of the story for the believer, of course if you insist that God will judge you a second time for your sin after Christ already paid the price for them all, that would be you calling God a liar, and saying that Christ never actually did that at all.

The Scripture you cited confirms that walking after the flesh equals death. What are the works of the flesh that bar people from in inheriting the Kingdom of God?

Galatians 5
[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So all, even the Hitlers have the Holy Spirit, the only source of faith?

Are you saying that many people are born without the offer of Salvation and are destined to hell?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Scripture you cited confirms that walking after the flesh equals death. What are the works of the flesh that bar people from in inheriting the Kingdom of God?

Galatians 5
[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
All it means is that many deny the works of Christ, you will always be in you flesh, Christ never came to save your flesh, God is not concerned about the vessel, could care less how grubby it is, His only concern is the contents, that is why,

Rom_8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

but the religious like to

Mat_23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

As i said before, bit like having a beautiful wine bottle, than when tasting the wine, find it tastes like vinegar. Men are concerned with appearances God is concerned with what is Hidden.

You can beat your flesh all you like wont change it.