God "spiritualizes" EVERYTHING.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is my issue right here. The LORD God is not "a" spirit, the LORD God is the Holy Spirit.
I have never said that God is "a" spirit, but rather quoted the scriptures to say that "God is spirit." That's all.

So...false alarm...or perhaps I should say, false suspicion. You can chill.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Testing all things against Scriptures" would be a stretch... Yes, "all scripture is good for..." and yes, "test all things." But we should also know that the scriptures "must be spiritually discerned" and that "all language" has been "confused" by God. So, we can't just choose which method we prefer and swear off and argue against all others - that is why Christians unnecessarily disagree. But here we are doing just that.

But to answer your first question...Jesus answered it, saying "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." ...However, your question is about the possibility of mistaking who the spirit actually is...for which I will go on to explain, that from the first moment of knowing God I knew Him, and it is that knowing Him that is its own authentication. That first moment was no less than Paul's road to Damascus experience, where I had called out to God by name...and it is not like Satan or demons could cut God off and intervene. But regardless of whether you disagree or are not convince (even though I am), I then had confirmation through the scriptures, which He arranged and lead point by point leaving no room for doubt.

Did I say one of the other? No.

The Bible says do both.

So you deny that demons whisper in the ears of humans. Even attack in possession humans.

Are you claiming God approached you in a bright light with want you to literally hear?

Do not act so superior.

All born-again hear from God.

God expects all born-again study his word and learn. You rejected that reality only want to hear the whisper in the ear. Something that is dangerous and opens you to hearing demons and your own thoughts over God.

It is not demons overcoming God, is you failing to listen to God.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one who knows their Bible will ever suggest that God is NOT a Spirit. And the Holy Spirit is Spirit by definition. But Jesus in Heaven is not simply Spirit. Stephen literally saw the heavens opened and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. But to go from their and spiritualize everything is certainly not what Christ taught. That was Gnostic nonsense.

Even Heaven -- which is the ultimate spiritual realm -- is real, visible, tangible, solid, and yet a totally different realm from the earth and earthy things. Heavenly gold and precious stones may resemble those which are earthly, yet they are truly heavenly. That is why heavenly gold -- for example -- is transparent "and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass" (Rev 21:18). Only when we get to Heaven will we see what this consists of, and why there are streets of gold in Heaven, possibly for this reason -- "The gold that John saw in heaven was of such quality that it appears to be transparent in order to reflect the pure light of God’s blazing glory."
Will there literally be streets of gold in heaven?
You acting as if the baseline is the elements of this world. It's not. It's higher, much higher.

You are also mixing up visions with the reality of God and the heavenly realm. Those simply depict a "likeness."

And where I am not sure I even know the proper meaning of Gnosticism...it is not nonsense to "seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness", which just happens to be spiritual...and to put it "first."

The problem I see here...is that the natural thing for anyone born of the spirit of God, should be to gravitate to the Spirit, and not be able to get enough until they are full. But here we are seeing just the opposite from more than a few. These are those (as Jesus put it), who "hinder." Not good. Wouldn't want to be in those shoes. No way!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never said that God is "a" spirit, but rather quoted the scriptures to say that "God is spirit." That's all.

So...false alarm...or perhaps I should say, false suspicion. You can chill.
There is an important distinction between spirit and Spirit. The Holy Spirit is always capitalized making the distinction and you don't do that for some reason.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You acting as if the baseline is the elements of this world. It's not. It's higher, much higher.

You are also mixing up visions with the reality of God and the heavenly realm. Those simply depict a "likeness."

And where I am not sure I even know the proper meaning of Gnosticism...it is not nonsense to "seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness", which just happens to be spiritual...and to put it "first."

The problem I see here...is that the natural thing for anyone born of the spirit of God, should be to gravitate to the Spirit, and not be able to get enough until they are full. But here we are seeing just the opposite from more than a few. These are those (as Jesus put it), who "hinder." Not good. Wouldn't want to be in those shoes. No way!

The Bible does not say likeness of Christ. It says Christ.

Christ still has nail holes in his hands, which includes the wrist in Greek where the nails actually were.

The new earth is physical. The physical new Jerusalem descends to the new earth.

Resurrected and living Saints are glorified at the rapture. Spirits are not glorified, flesh is.

Throne of God's physical as shown in such as Ezekiel.

The four living creatures are physical. Look up the Greek definition.

Reactions: tzcho2

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I say one of the other? No.

The Bible says do both.

So you deny that demons whisper in the ears of humans. Even attack in possession humans.

Are you claiming God approached you in a bright light with want you to literally hear?

Do not act so superior.

All born-again hear from God.

God expects all born-again study his word and learn. You rejected that reality only want to hear the whisper in the ear. Something that is dangerous and opens you to hearing demons and your own thoughts over God.

It is not demons overcoming God, is you failing to listen to God.
You didn't say both...you mixed the two.

Anyway...Did I say I deny that demons...? No, just kidding, I am not going to come back at you all indignant like you just did. But, no, I explained...perhaps you should go back and read my explanation.

Oh, now you did it! Now you have gone and accused Paul of acting superior, and me too, since I used him as an example. For shame!

And you have also come up with your own religious standards that are not biblical, saying that "God expects all born-again to study..."

Sorry, I only respect God's rules, not man's. Especially, when they make accusations of false witness about things they know nothing about.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is an important distinction between spirit and Spirit. The Holy Spirit is always capitalized making the distinction and you don't do that for some reason.
No, that's wrong.

Spirit is capitalize in modern text by translators...but not always. For instance, when the scriptures quote Jesus saying "You must be born again of the spirit of God" most translations do not capitalize it. Likewise, many capitalize He, His, and so on, when referring to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit...but not always.

The point is you are resorting to semantics to question my spirit...even after I have testified in very clear language. You are testing me - which is fine, except that I am promoting God's spirituality (not mine). And still you argue.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't say both...you mixed the two.

Anyway...Did I say I deny that demons...? No, just kidding, I am not going to come back at you all indignant like you just did. But, no, I explained...perhaps you should go back and read my explanation.

Oh, now you did it! Now you have gone and accused Paul of acting superior, and me too, since I used him as an example. For shame!

And you have also come up with your own religious standards that are not biblical, saying that "God expects all born-again to study..."

Sorry, I only respect God's rules, not man's. Especially, when they make accusations of false witness about things they know nothing about.

I was not indignant, just setting the record straight.

As for God's rules I guess those were whispered to you in your thinking.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible does not say likeness of Christ. It says Christ.

Christ still has nail holes in his hands, which includes the wrist in Greek where the nails actually were.

The new earth is physical. The physical new Jerusalem descends to the new earth.

Resurrected and living Saints are glorified at the rapture. Spirits are not glorified, flesh is.

Throne of God's physical as shown in such as Ezekiel.

The four living creatures are physical. Look up the Greek definition.
That is all just you talking, and stating your own understanding. I wouldn't brag about it. So much of it is wrong.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that's wrong.

Spirit is capitalize in modern text by translators...but not always. For instance, when the scriptures quote Jesus saying "You must be born again of the spirit of God" most translations do not capitalize it. Likewise, many capitalize He, His, and so on, when referring to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit...but not always.

The point is you are resorting to semantics to question my spirit...even after I have testified in very clear language. You are testing me - which is fine, except that I am promoting God's spirituality (not mine). And still you argue.

NIV
6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’

KJV
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

You testified clearly but in error. And on such a simple point failed.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that's wrong.

Spirit is capitalize in modern text by translators...but not always. For instance, when the scriptures quote Jesus saying "You must be born again of the spirit of God" most translations do not capitalize it. Likewise, many capitalize He, His, and so on, when referring to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit...but not always.The point is you are resorting to semantics to question my spirit...even after I have testified in very clear language. You are testing me - which is fine, except that I am promoting God's spirituality (not mine). And still you argue.

I'm not testing you. There is the HOLY SPIRIT and there is spirit and there is a big difference. Somehow with me saying this simple sentence I'm testing you and resorting to semantics and arguing? Interesting.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NIV
6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’
KJV
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
https://www.biblestudytools.com/interlinear-bible/strongs/?t=kjv&ll=g&sn=509
You testified clearly but in error. And on such a simple point failed.
What failure?

You quote scripture supporting what I have been saying, approving of the scripture - making my point for me, but then tell me it is a failed point. That's crazy!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not testing you. There is the HOLY SPIRIT and there is spirit and there is a big difference. Somehow with me saying this simple sentence I'm testing you and resorting to semantics and arguing? Interesting.
The context of you making your point was in the middle of accusing me. That's the problem:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you are confusing God the Father (the LORD God) with the Holy Spirit. But they are two different divine Persons within the Godhead.
I'm not confusing anything or anyone. I know when someone has gotten messages from spirit and thinks they are special, & think it was God.
They mistake a spirit for the Holy Spirit and suddenly everyone else just isn't spiritual enough to understand what God is telling them, and the understanding they got is higher then the scripture eh.... ya so you can forget about testing what they say with scripture as the Bible says, because that doesn't apply for those who are so spiritually advanced, so the usual story goes.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What failure?

You quote scripture supporting what I have been saying, approving of the scripture - making my point for me, but then tell me it is a failed point. That's crazy!

Are trying to change subjects.

You failed to even quote the Bible correctly.