God "spiritualizes" EVERYTHING.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To say something spirit is talking about it's composition. To do something in the spirit of involves such things as the spirit comparable, the spirit of justice.

You pointedly objected statement that God is a spirit in composition.
You must have the wrong guy.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was me quoting you.

Can't say it can you?
No, that was me quoting you. Just click on the little arrow by your quote, it will take you back to it and you can read for yourself.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you said as a Bible quote was not a quote.

There is only one place in the Bible where it says God is spirit.
John 4
23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

Don't worship my flesh, worship my spirit for it is God. And worshipers most worship with their spirits, Not flesh.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is exactly the same thing that I have been quoting, just as you have here:
God is spirit,
...Meaning that what you are saying about me here, is a flat out lie:
What you said as a Bible quote was not a quote.

There is only one place in the Bible where it says God is spirit.
John 4
23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

Don't worship my flesh, worship my spirit for it is God. And worshipers most worship with their spirits, Not flesh.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys should talk semantics.
Is there a point to your topic or do you prefer to dance around, refuse to answer direct questions, or stick to vague statements as others have noted? You made that statement in the OP, so seems to me, you should clarify your meaning of it as asked and be prepared to discuss & debate it backing up what you believe with scripture quotes.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a point to your topic or do you prefer to dance around, refuse to answer direct questions, or stick to vague statements as others have noted? You made that statement in the OP, so seems to me, you should clarify your meaning of it as asked and be prepared to discuss & debate it backing up what you believe with scripture quotes.
I said and quoted that "God is spirit." Do you have a problem with that? Perhaps it is you who should make yourself clear.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry...you have confused "the scriptures must be spiritually discerned" with "must be translated by men."
No I'm saying:-
quote"Luke 9:23
If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me."

We need to be proactively in the spirit, setting our eyes on God, whom is spirit. Taking up ones' cross, means laying down the physical.
In context it mean following a way of behaviour that would lead to ones death.

For us today it can mean that, or it can mean loosing ones livelyhood because of ones Christian principals, or it can mean giving up something in order to serve God more." unquote.

Just what I said in reply to you.
That taking up ones cros can be a spiritual activity or it can be a series of physical actions that can lead to death, loss of employment etc.

The Christian life is more than just spiritual, it involves how we live.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I'm saying:-
quote"Luke 9:23
If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me."

We need to be proactively in the spirit, setting our eyes on God, whom is spirit. Taking up ones' cross, means laying down the physical.
In context it mean following a way of behaviour that would lead to ones death.

For us today it can mean that, or it can mean loosing ones livelyhood because of ones Christian principals, or it can mean giving up something in order to serve God more." unquote.

Just what I said in reply to you.
That taking up ones cros can be a spiritual activity or it can be a series of physical actions that can lead to death, loss of employment etc.

The Christian life is more than just spiritual, it involves how we live.
I understand your point, but that belittles what God is doing in the world to a warm and fuzzy christian country club lifestyle. It's more than that. These are the times of the gentiles, the times of the spirit of God living and not men making nice. Yes, it does mean feeding the poor, etc., but so much more. More importantly, it means being lead into all truth and bringing food from heaven to the ends of the earth. But this He does in us, in spirit, the flesh is just a vehicle to reach the lost, it's not a lifestyle or a home..."the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.”

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand your point, but that belittles what God is doing in the world to a warm and fuzzy christian country club lifestyle. It's more than that. These are the times of the gentiles, the times of the spirit of God living and not men making nice. Yes, it does mean feeding the poor, etc., but so much more. More importantly, it means being lead into all truth and bringing food from heaven to the ends of the earth. But this He does in us, in spirit, the flesh is just a vehicle to reach the lost, it's not a lifestyle or a home..."the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.”
"food from heaven" care to clarify?