God "spiritualizes" EVERYTHING.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, that is wrong:

Luke 9:23
If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me."

We need to be proactively in the spirit, setting our eyes on God, whom is spirit. Taking up ones' cross, means laying down the physical.

In context it mean following a way of behaviour that would lead to ones death.

For us today it can mean that, or it can mean loosing ones livelyhood because of ones Christian principals, or it can mean giving up something in order to serve God more.

Reactions: tzcho2

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow...10 pages of arguing about the spiritual nature of God...with disdain!
No one is denying God's nature, but some are noticing your paraphrase of scripture & beliefs seem unusual. Seems hard to understand like the meaning is garbaled, not straightforward as scripture usually is.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are trying to change subjects.

You failed to even quote the Bible correctly.
So then you are not confessing/agreeing that we must be born again/also of the spirit of God and that is the future, that the flesh profits nothing, and that is why you quoted John 3?

Because it sounded like you might be coming to your senses and seeing that all I am saying is what is already written. But then you finish with spite and criticism. You're a mess.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In context it mean following a way of behaviour that would lead to ones death.

For us today it can mean that, or it can mean loosing ones livelyhood because of ones Christian principals, or it can mean giving up something in order to serve God more.
I'm sorry...you have confused "the scriptures must be spiritually discerned" with "must be translated by men."

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is denying God's nature, but some are noticing your paraphrase of scripture & beliefs seem unusual. Seems hard to understand like the meaning is garbaled, not straightforward as scripture usually is.
I realize that your comment may be an attempt to be kind, and I thank you for that. But if scripture is "straightforward" rather than "confused" by God and "must be spiritually discerned"...then that is the problem. You are "leaning on your own understanding", and thus suffer the usual "dim" world view, rather than the "unusual" according to the fullness of the kingdom of God. Do not the scriptures foretell this same blindness? Indeed, they do.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say again: "GOD IS SPIRIT."

Very revealing. You refuse to say God is a spirit.

There's a very big difference in meaning between something being spirit and something being a spirit.

Something done in the spirit of something is different than something being done by a spirit.

So when you say spirit of what do you mean? In this spirit of, reasoning of, intent of what?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is my issue right here. The LORD God is not "a" spirit, the LORD God is the Holy Spirit.

Very revealing. You refuse to say God is a spirit.

There's a very big difference in meaning between something being spirit and something being a spirit.

Something done in the spirit of something is different than something being done by a spirit.

So when you say spirit of what do you mean? In this spirit of, reasoning of, intent of what?
You guys should talk semantics.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you quoted you choice of translations. I quote mine, but have also paraphrased according to the Holy Spirit and the need for spiritual discernment. The truth from God is not debatable.

So you admit it was not a quote.

I guess just like when you claim God is not a spirit.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys should talk semantics.

To say something spirit is talking about it's composition. To do something in the spirit of involves such things as the spirit comparable, the spirit of justice.

You pointedly objected statement that God is a spirit in composition.