God's Friend.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 12:4 (KJV) And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

John 15:13-14 (KJV) Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

John 15:15 (KJV) Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 12:4 (KJV) And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

John 15:13-14 (KJV) Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

John 15:15 (KJV) Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
And Scripture says: Jesus was a friend of sinners. (Luke 7:31–34; cf. Matthew 11:16–19).

Reactions: Cassandra and rwb

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is anyone other than Abraham called God's friend in the Bible?
No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. John 15:15 RSV. (Does this count?)

Reactions: rwb

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In answer to your question I give you the following

The meaning of the Name Reuel, is “A friend of God.

As such Jethro Moses' father in-law was recognised as being a Friend of God.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. John 15:15 RSV. (Does this count?)
Fantastic Bob, thanks for posting that sir!!!

Reactions: Bob Estey