GOD'S LOVE FOR US?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rmoore1021

Jan 21, 2012
Read 2 Corinthians 5:21. How does this verse guarantee you that there is nothing you can do to make God love you more or love you less?

2 Corinthians 5:21

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)
[sup]21[/sup] God made him who had no sin to be sin[sup][a][/sup] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Simply put: Our who is not our do.

We are positionally righteous and holy before God because of our faith in Christ, by His wonderful grace, although we are all at varying levels of sanctification and knowledge of God and His word. To God, He sees us as His very own, already-perfected saints, because he sees us through the filter of the blood of Jesus.

Reactions: ttruscott

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Simply put: Our who is not our do.

We are positionally righteous and holy before God because of our faith in Christ, by His wonderful grace, although we are all at varying levels of sanctification and knowledge of God and His word. To God, He sees us as His very own, already-perfected saints, because he sees us through the filter of the blood of Jesus.
Lively Stone...I agree whole-heartedly !!!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read 2 Corinthians 5:21. How does this verse guarantee you that there is nothing you can do to make God love you more or love you less?

2 Corinthians 5:21

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)
[sup]21[/sup] God made him who had no sin to be sin[sup][a][/sup] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

v.21 reminds me of the following verse in which I find much assurance of God's abiding love.

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
(Rom 5:10)

There you have it...secured...past, present and future.