God's will, your will, eternity....why our will?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where is the word ‘only’?

Let's be honest shall we?
@Stranger went looking for a verse with the word angel and found this one in Hebrews 2:16. There's so much about that verse he doesn't know or understand.
What I've learned about stranger is he will persist even in the light of being wrong, not once has he admitted error. All one can hope for in this interaction is he learned a little more about why it was necessary for Jesus to be like us in every respect. He's admitted the angels are manifested in the image of man (always) but somehow this does not make them in the image of God. Apparently God has servants who are nothing like Him!

When this happens it's usually because a person is holding onto a false doctrine in the hope of making that false doctrine fit, as he tried doing with Heb 2:16.

If the text is not understood or expounded properly, we can force our own thoughts upon it.

Sadly this is why Christianity is so divided.

In the end there is no word "only"...only in his mind where he has built his doctrine around confirmation bias. And even if the word only were there, the verse still has nothing to do with his argument.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So after all that we understand that Jesus did not come to help angels but to help the sons of Abraham.

Angels are not sinners nor do they require salvation.

Stranger unknowningly lead us into a verse which proves a wonderful point about angels and how they are not under the condemnation of death as we are, because our nature is flesh and blood and not Spirit.

Of course if angels could sin they would be in a worse state than us being eternal sinners and require a redemption plan also.

Thankfully our reward is not tainted and Gods Spirit is not devided.

F2F

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where are the 'words' that angels are created in the image of God?

Stranger
Ha...Elohim, which is referenced over 2400 times in the Bible. We could go through each of them if you like. Genesis 3:5 is a good place to start.

How do you think the angels "know" good and evil?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where are the 'words' that angels are created in the image of God?

Stranger

That's the point, they are not there! That verse has nothing to do with the subject of being made in the image of God.

This question shows you are inept.

Harsh but true.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words, the words 'angels are created in the image of God' are nowhere to be found.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Stranger you can admit the use of Heb 2:16 was incorrect. It doesn't mean your beliefs are altered in any way, if anything you will gain credibility with your forum members.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not told angels are created in any ones image.

Why should I lie?

Stranger

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are not told angels are created in any ones image.

Why should I lie?

Stranger

So they bare His name; they bare His nature and they bare our image...

But they don't have any image or likeness to God.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Post #88 still requires your honesty.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The name Elohim is used for many things. It doesn't mean angels bear His name. They don't bear His nature. They appear in our image They don't bear our image.

And angels are not made in the image of God.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So they bare His name; they bare His nature and they bare our image...

But they don't have any image or likeness to God.

I enjoy reading this thread...but F2F if what you say is true...then how could 1/3 of them fall with the devil?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I enjoy reading this thread...but F2F if what you say is true...then how could 1/3 of them fall with the devil?
You are doing what stranger does...quote passages you don't understand. His Heb 2:16 argument was just poor exegesis.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
None of this matters.....you all realize this, i hope

Integrity matters aspen. If you blatantly use Scripture to defend false teaching it goes to character.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am considering (Heb. 2:16-17).
Man is made in the image of God and now the Son would become a man in every way save the sin nature.

Stranger

A slight correction here.

Jesus was not sacrificed on the cross to save sin prone nature, he was placed up there to destroy it...that's the point being made - it couldn't be saved or fixed, "flesh and blood" was under condemnation and the only way to remove that death was to destroy its power (the wages of sin is death) hence a sinless sacrifice was required to uphold the righteousness of God.

Now Romans 8:1-3 applies to those found in Christ - meaning they are in His raised glorious body which is no longer flesh and blood held by the power of death (i.e. Devil)

He is a Spirit being, we are being fashioned into his image and after his likeness as he is of God and the Elohim.

F2F

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009