God's will, your will, eternity....why our will?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sure I am on ground where we say, we just can't know here and now. But, something to chew on. And I have no answer.

God gave us a will. And we exercise that will. And we reap the consequences of that will, good or bad.

Just as with Adam and Eve, when our will is in conflict with God's will, we have problems. When Satans will was and is in conflict with God's will, he had and does have problems.

So, why would God give us a will, when only His will will be acknowledged? In other words, throughout eternity, in heaven, my will, and the will of everyone there will always be God's will.

So, how is my will, my will, if it will always be God's will?

Just as eternity is impossible for us to contemplate, to me, my will always being the same as God's will is impossible for me to contemplate. Will individual thinking be allowed?

In other words, what is the purpose of the will when only God's will is allowed?

Stranger
That we might choose:

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That we might choose:

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;

Indeed. That we might choose. And, in our choice we recognize it is always God's will that is best. Irregardless of what I may think. It is always God's will that is best and that will work out well.

Though I have a will, my will must be in submission to God's will. So God perhaps wants a people who willfully submits to His will. A people who want His will always done.

Thus we become creatures with a will, but willingly submit to God. But I must submit to God in agreement. My will must be the same as God's will, not different. Not disagreement. Because for me to disagree means my will is in conflict with the will of God. And this is hard for me to imagine at this time, that throughout all eternity, my will is always God's will. It must be so. But it is hard to contemplate. But, so is eternity.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, one human adversary is the Apostle Peter in Mark 8:33.
Can you think of any more?

Take it to the thread you started about Job and the angels. I already showed you Satan was an angel. You lost that argument there, so now you want to bring it up again here?

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You lost that argument there
so you say, but i would be open to other opinions there lol, cuz you might be alone. Why we personify spirits, and deny that we can create spirits, even with all the evidence available, is kind of beyond me. We have mothers here evincing ignorance about the spirits they manifest for their children, after doing it their whole lives lol. That men are blind to this is a bit more understandable, but still.

Spirits are not people, do not have personalities, even though they are personified in Scripture, and even get names, that does not mean that you will ever be able to sit down and have tea with Michael the Archangel, or even have a convo with him, despite any intimations to the possibility in the Book.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Take it to the thread you started about Job and the angels. I already showed you Satan was an angel. You lost that argument there, so now you want to bring it up again here?

Stranger

Was that when you misquoted Heb 2? I was more interested to see if you had the humility to acknowledge your mistake. Maybe next time!

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am sure I am on ground where we say, we just can't know here and now. But, something to chew on. And I have no answer.

God gave us a will. And we exercise that will. And we reap the consequences of that will, good or bad.

Just as with Adam and Eve, when our will is in conflict with God's will, we have problems. When Satans will was and is in conflict with God's will, he had and does have problems.

So, why would God give us a will, when only His will will be acknowledged? In other words, throughout eternity, in heaven, my will, and the will of everyone there will always be God's will.

So, how is my will, my will, if it will always be God's will?

Just as eternity is impossible for us to contemplate, to me, my will always being the same as God's will is impossible for me to contemplate. Will individual thinking be allowed?

In other words, what is the purpose of the will when only God's will is allowed?

Stranger
Having our own will enables us to choose whether to do God's will or our own will. What happens, therefore if going to an assembly that we enjoy going to we discover that it is like other assemblies we have gone to, in as much as that they love God's Word for the wrong reasons at times. In my personal example, do I keep on going along and ccommitting idolatory, a common practice among others, that went on or do I get out of there? Staying would mean I agree that God's Will not be done and that I not do God's will just to be a good Born Again Christian in the Born Again Christian assemblies in question. God's will is to not be a part of such an assembly and not to be under such a spiritual authority. Just because doing their own will is what they are doing, which in turn is not God's Will doesn't mean I have to follow suit. But what if I didn't have the free will to make that decision in an assembly not at all interested in God's Will because theirs is the prefferred will to follow for themselves? So I left those assemblies because of how much God hates idolatory as outlined in Romans1. I no way wanted to be a deviant homosexual as a concequence of doing their will and esteem their idol more then God. Their idol was invented by men and they saw fit to esteem their idol more then God. That for me was freaky. So I left and thus my will coincided with God's Will. The goodness of having a will, even though God's will will be the will of ultimate importance.