God's will, your will, eternity....why our will?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A slight correction here.

Jesus was not sacrificed on the cross to save sin prone nature, he was placed up there to destroy it...that's the point being made - it couldn't be saved or fixed, "flesh and blood" was under condemnation and the only way to remove that death was to destroy its power (the wages of sin is death) hence a sinless sacrifice was required to uphold the righteousness of God.

Now Romans 8:1-3 applies to those found in Christ - meaning they are in His raised glorious body which is no longer flesh and blood held by the power of death (i.e. Devil)

He is a Spirit being, we are being fashioned into his image and after his likeness as he is of God and the Elohim.

F2F

You misunderstood my use of the word 'save'. I used it as 'except', not 'deliverance'.

See, we are getting closer now to your focus on angels.

But angels are not really the topic of thread. So start another topic or go back to your previous one.

Stranger

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You misunderstood my use of the word 'save'. I used it as 'except', not 'deliverance'.

See, we are getting closer now to your focus on angels.

But angels are not really the topic of thread. So start another topic or go back to your previous one.

Stranger

Any further admission on Heb 2:16?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any further admission on Heb 2:16?

There hasn't been any admission to constitute a 'further admission'. Only in your mind. Start another thread on 'angels' if you're so interested. That is not the subject of this thread.

Stranger

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There hasn't been any admission to constitute a 'further admission'. Only in your mind. Start another thread on 'angels' if you're so interested. That is not the subject of this thread.

Stranger
Only that you spent umpteen dozen posts defending your belief from a verse which holds no relevance. Just holding those feet to the fire stranger.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only that you spent umpteen dozen posts defending your belief from a verse which holds no relevance. Just holding those feet to the fire stranger.

I believe the verse you speak of holds much relevance. Not for you of course, but for what I was saying.

Funny, I don't feel any heat. As I said, start another thread on angels, I will be glad to participate. That is not the subject matter of this one.

You're scared to, arn't you?

Stranger

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe the verse you speak of holds much relevance. Not for you of course, but for what I was saying.

Funny, I don't feel any heat. As I said, start another thread on angels, I will be glad to participate. That is not the subject matter of this one.

You're scared to, arn't you?

Stranger

I think making an example of pride is important especially a pride whichs aims to uphold false ideas. We will get to the subject of angels no doubt! Be patient stranger.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think making an example of pride is important especially a pride whichs aims to uphold false ideas. We will get to the subject of angels no doubt! Be patient stranger.

I'm not the one pushing the subject of angels. You are. Which is fine. Do it in a designated thread.

You're scared. I can tell.

Stranger

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just as with Adam and Eve, when our will is in conflict with God's will, we have problems. When Satans will was and is in conflict with God's will, he had and does have problems.

Satan is not mentioned in Genesis and I know how much of a stickler you are for not forcing foreign ideas on the Scripture. Why don’t you speak to the "mind of the flesh" which is the true opposition to God? The Apostles don't speak about Satan at all - why not follow their lead?

Jesus had our flesh nature and a fleshly will (though suppressed) which tried to oppose his Father's will. Rather than creating fanciful beings why not reason this out with the Scriptural evidence provided.

F2F

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is not mentioned in Genesis and I know how much of a stickler you are for not forcing foreign ideas on the Scripture. Why don’t you speak to the "mind of the flesh" which is the true opposition to God? The Apostles don't speak about Satan at all - why not follow their lead?

Jesus had our flesh nature and a fleshly will (though suppressed) which tried to oppose his Father's will. Rather than creating fanciful beings why not reason this out with the Scriptural evidence provided.
F2F

Sure, Satan is mentioned in (Gen. 3). Remember? The serpent? And Satan is spoken of throughout the New Testament. So, I do allow their lead.

I do reason this out with Scripture. And Scripture is clear for the existence of Satan.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sure, Satan is mentioned in (Gen. 3). Remember? The serpent? And Satan is spoken of throughout the New Testament. So, I do allow their lead.

I do reason this out with Scripture. And Scripture is clear for the existence of Satan.

Stranger

You don't recall your failure to prove Satan from Job? And more broadly the OT?
You have a few titles in Revelation which you grasp but an explanation to their symbology is not forthcoming.

We established the only "lead" concerning the serpent in the garden is found in 1 Corinthians 11.

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I am afraid that just as the serpent (NOT SATAN!) deceived Eve by his treachery, your minds may be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

What a perfect place to show how your supernatural satan was moving the Judaizers against Paul regarding the acceptance of money. The reality is far more simple than you frustrate it.

1. Satan doesn't exist
2. Satan's will can be good or evil depending on the nature of the adversary
3. Try speaking about the Will of the flesh which is the Apostles example.

F2F

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't recall your failure to prove Satan from Job? And more broadly the OT?
You have a few titles in Revelation which you grasp but an explanation to their symbology is not forthcoming.

We established the only "lead" concerning the serpent in the garden is found in 1 Corinthians 11.

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I am afraid that just as the serpent (NOT SATAN!) deceived Eve by his treachery, your minds may be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

What a perfect place to show how your supernatural satan was moving the Judaizers against Paul regarding the acceptance of money. The reality is far more simple than you frustrate it.

1. Satan doesn't exist

F2F

No, I don't recall that at all. In fact I recall how you failed to prove Satan in the book of Job was a human adversary and not Satan. And, I recall how you departed from the argument, meaning you could not prove it. That is what I recall.

The titles of Satan in the book of Revelation are just a few. But they are titles of Satan. Of which 'serpent' is one. (Rev. 12:9)

That is (2 Cor. 11:3). So, you see, the serpent, the devil, was in the garden. Scripture is clear.

1. Satan does exist. Scripture is clear.
2. Satan is evil whether he is doing good or bad things.
3. Sometimes the apostle's talk about the flesh. Sometimes they talk about Satan. The world, the flesh, and the devil.

Stranger

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The reality is far more simple than you frustrate it.

1. Satan doesn't exist

F2F
wow, i did expect to find "Beelzebul" or something there behind "serpent" in 2Cor. Pretty interesting, ty

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is (2 Cor. 11:3). So, you see, the serpent, the devil, was in the garden. Scripture is clear.

Stranger

Correction: The serpent only was in the garden - remember you are a stickler for not changing God's Word.