Got your ears on?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, it is considered scripture. Do you have evidence it wasn't inspired by God?

waiting for the evidence.....Mary
ye murder and the bible, well lit says God not author of confusion, and well you are very confused, not so very curious, me, just dumbfounded at al let unbelief and Hypocrits.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ye murder and the bible, well lit says God not author of confusion, and well you are very confused, not so very curious, me, just dumbfounded at al let unbelief and Hypocrits.
I don't see your evidence....I only see your opinion.

It is considered scripture by Muslims.

Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't see your evidence....I only see your opinion.

It is considered scripture by Muslims.

Mary
So and that makes it from God,?? so blind.... but than if you mean the little god, teh devil, ye you are propably right

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got it......you either don’t know OR you consider yourself a comedian???

We have historical documents that tell us which books 2nd Century Christians considered “inspired scripture”.

Do you think that list is higher or lower than the current “Catholic” bible?

Mary

It does not matter what I say; before the Bible that we have now it contained more than 66 books and yet you also know that many people came together to decide what books to put in and other not to put in. But I can whole heartily assure you that there was much praying going on to God for his help on this very important matter.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not matter what I say; before the Bible that we have now it contained more than 66 books and yet you also know that many people came together to decide what books to put in and other not to put in. But I can whole heartily assure you that there was much praying going on to God for his help on this very important matter.
I agree. The bible you (protestants) have now has fewer books in it than it did for the first 1,500 years of Christianity. Protestantism took 7 books out of the Bible and Martin Luther wanted to remove even more.

I can whole heartily assure you that there was much praying going on to God for his help on this very important matter when they came up with the 73 books.

Both groups thought they were being led by God. Which group was not led by God? The men that decided on the 73 books or the men who decided on the 66 books?

Curious Mary

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both groups thought they were being led by God. Which group was not led by God? The men that decided on the 73 books or the men who decided on the 66 books?
Curious Mary

That could be up for descrepensy
and yet who are we to decide which group was correct or not. In the end the majority believe that it was 66 books and not more or less.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That could be up for descrepensy
and yet who are we to decide which group was correct or not. In the end the majority believe that it was 66 books and not more or less.
LOL....Really? The majority believe it was 66 books?

There are 1.3 billion Catholics and Orthodox Church members.

There are 950 million Protestants.

Soooooo how is it that "the majority believe that it was 66 books"???

Curious Mary

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL....Really? The majority believe it was 66 books?

There are 1.3 billion Catholics and Orthodox Church members.

There are 950 million Protestants.

Soooooo how is it that "the majority believe that it was 66 books"???

Curious Mary

Do you actually think there were that many deciding on which books should stay and which should go ? I think not let’s not be delirious here I believe full well you know what I meant when I said “the majority”

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Do you actually think there were that many deciding on which books should stay and which should go ? I think not let’s not be delirious here I believe full well you know what I meant when I said “the majority”
It was basically the matter of apostolic authorship for New Testament books, plus the Acts of the Apostles.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I did not know what you meant that’s is why I gave the stats that I did.

Since I don’t know what you mean by “the majority” please enlighten me.

Mary