Got your ears on?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dumbest idea ever. Have you not read

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

I guess you have to decide who is your Lord

Jesus or the bible

who is God

God or the bible

whom is it you worship

Jesus and God or the bible.

God doesnt need teh bible to save anyone, and the bible cant save anyone, and He can use an ass to speak,

So I guess by your admission I can throw my Bible away because it is useless and just wait on God to speak to me by some extra divine revelation. Yet it is very curious that you are quoting verses from the Bible to show me what ?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So I guess by your admission I can throw my Bible away because it is useless and just wait on God to speak to me by some extra divine revelation. Yet it is very curious that you are quoting verses from the Bible to show me what ?
Kinda like that because christians wont listen to God just like the Israelite when Moses delayed coming down the mountain, so they built themselves a golden calf, and idol that they raised up before God and worshiped before Him, the bible has become that golden calf to many, they even demand God bow down to it, as if it has greater power than God Himself,
Revelation / understanding comes from God, but since so few believe God can speak to man, they actually have the audacity to demand He cant, as if man created God and have power over Him, and so the bible is just a book, and they have no understanding.

Millions have studied the bible christian and none christan yet so few know God

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so the bible is just a book

Without the Bible you cannot understand how salvation works amongst many many other. But alas many just say it is a book when they don’t understand that this “book” contains the words of God that came directly from him.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Without the Bible you cannot understand how salvation works amongst many many other. But alas many just say it is a book when they don’t understand that this “book” contains the words of God that came directly from him.
I guess that depends on who you're God is. See the one I know created the heavens, the earth the fish in the sea the birds in the hair, the seasons, even set time, which has a beginning and an end. I would not be surprised if our entire universe is but a speckle of dust in His eye, but man kind has reduced Him to a book that fits in his pocket. So are you God, have you determined that He must use the bible to save anyone, or that He even needs the bible, who do you think God is, that mankind demands God do things mans ways.

Does not the bible say God is the same today and for ever, do we not have but One God, one Word that is Jesus Christ, does it not say that He is not the author of confusion, so it this be so, why do we have so many different bibles, is it because man chooses His god by the book he reads, the NIV god the KJ god, the NKJ god, the NSV god. And if God is not the author of confusion why are so many "christians: on this forum confused??

I know who my God is, and He is not so tiny that He cannot reach everyone He needs to reach.

So you read the bible and you know the bible. I would rather know God as would a few of us crazy ones out there.

Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

God needs empty vessels and they are getting harder and harder to find.

B

brakelite

It isn't any man that places the Bible in a place of idolatry as some may suggest. Nor does the Bible itself elevate itself to a place of worship. However, the Bible does absolutely place itself as the final irrevocable authority in matters of faith and morals.
Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

B

brakelite

I have no issue with those who uphold the belief that God does indeed speak to us in other ways...I have personal experience of this. However, such a 'voice' from heaven, or anywhere else, the 'Spirit', will never ever contradict what is written.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the Bible does absolutely place itself as the final irrevocable authority in matters of faith and morals.
how can that be??

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

it is by His spirit we know all things, the bible cant elevate itself it has no life, that is what man has done, created himself a golden calf that he worships before God. pity isnt it, that if all men where led by the spirit as God would hope, we would have no religion.. no churches and the pastors, preachers, lawyers and pharisees would have no one to rule and reign over.

B

brakelite

how can that be??

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

it is by His spirit we know all things, the bible cant elevate itself it has no life, that is what man has done, created himself a golden calf that he worships before God. pity isnt it, that if all men where led by the spirit as God would hope, we would have no religion.. no churches and the pastors, preachers, lawyers and pharisees would have no one to rule and reign over.
It isn't the Bible that created false religion and hierarchal churches. It was the creeds and formulas that resulted from church councils and the desire to define faith into a readily handy set of rules and laws by which to maintain power over others. That has nothing to do with scripture, which is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Tim 3:16,17.
And even Peter, when describing even the transfiguration...a personal appearance by Moses and Elijah, said We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 2 Peter 1:9

You are setting yourself above the word of God...making yourself sole judge on what is right and wrong, giving the holy Spirit lip service...but ultimately it is you, and only you, who is being the final arbiter as to what is truth or error based on sand...your feelings and gut intuition, having no rock solid ground upon which to form your judgement. And when you stand before the throne of God, to give an account of all you believe, you have only yourself to hold your own hand in defense.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It isn't the Bible that created false religion and hierarchal churches. It was the creeds and formulas that resulted from church councils and the desire to define faith into a readily handy set of rules and laws by which to maintain power over others. That has nothing to do with scripture, which is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Tim 3:16,17.
And even Peter, when describing even the transfiguration...a personal appearance by Moses and Elijah, said We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 2 Peter 1:9

You are setting yourself above the word of God...making yourself sole judge on what is right and wrong, giving the holy Spirit lip service...but ultimately it is you, and only you, who is being the final arbiter as to what is truth or error based on sand...your feelings and gut intuition, having no rock solid ground upon which to form your judgement. And when you stand before the throne of God, to give an account of all you believe, you have only yourself to hold your own hand in defense.

Are we talking of the bible or God, man set himself up above God when he made his religions and demanded people join them follow there rules and worship as they demand, and than kept Gods people from Him like Pharaoh, because men like to rule over men,

We are supposed to follow after Christ not men, that is why he said

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
His sheep His people can only follow Him they cant stand mans religions, lies and deceit,

B

brakelite

It isn't the Bible that created false religion and hierarchal churches. It was the creeds and formulas that resulted from church councils and the desire to define faith into a readily handy set of rules and laws by which to maintain power over others

Are we talking of the bible or God, man set himself up above God when he made his religions and demanded people join them follow there rules and worship as they demand, and than kept Gods people from Him like Pharaoh, because men like to rule over men

We agree then.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We agree then.
on what?? That yes but I cannot , will not point men to religion nor the bible, only Christ, in Him is our life and our salvation, And if men think that being in church will save them, when Christ comes they are still going to be filling the pews while His people are gone.

So many foolish virgins

B

brakelite

Both quotes above agree. Creeds...councils...man-made doctrines and commandments that deny God's commandments...faith in church systems as opposed to Christ and Him crucified...on these we agree

on the following I don't think we agree...
trusting in works for justification being an error...we agree, but I also agree to the premise there is the one God and His only Son who recreates man from the inside out to become His workmanship...I also think there is in the church much complacency and presumption as opposed to obedience and holy living...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Both quotes above agree. Creeds...councils...man-made doctrines and commandments that deny God's commandments...faith in church systems as opposed to Christ and Him crucified...on these we agree

You are adding too, now you have twisted it all so that you can serve your religion, which is just another of mens religions no different to the rest of them, she is just another daughter of the harlot like all the rest.

we are followers after Christ not men

Last edited:
B

brakelite

Indeed we are followers of Christ, only we don't think Him impotent to change lives.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Indeed we are followers of Christ, only we don't think Him impotent to change lives.
God does not need religion to do anything that is purely out of the hardness of mens hearts who rebel against God and refuse to put Him fist above all things, It is HE who changes us from glory to glory not religion which doesnt even give God the glory. As it is written

1Co_6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

B

brakelite

God does not need religion to do anything that is purely out of the hardness of mens hearts who rebel against God and refuse to put Him fist above all things, It is HE who changes us from glory to glory not religion which doesnt even give God the glory. As it is written

1Co_6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
See, we agree after all.

B

brakelite

there is the one God and His only Son who recreates man from the inside out to become His workmanship...I also think there is in the church much complacency and presumption as opposed to obedience and holy living...
What do you disagree with here? What have I said here that isn't spoken many times in scripture? Oh right, I forgot. You don't believe in scripture having authority. You are above scripture, that is why you are opposed to me... Because I agree with scripture and you hate that.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What do you disagree with here? What have I said here that isn't spoken many times in scripture? Oh right, I forgot. You don't believe in scripture having authority. You are above scripture, that is why you are opposed to me... Because I agree with scripture and you hate that.

The only authority is God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit for they all agree as one. He never gave it to a book,