Government built fence around church in Canada

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus never whipped the civil Government. It was the religious leadership that He objected to.
very true my friend . Ponder this . IF JESUS , while on earth , whipped men out of the temple for turning it into a den of thieves
into a BUSINESS by which to profiteer . What on earth is HE gonna do
when HE returns to those who led the people , DID SO EVEN IN HIS NAME and yet DENIED HIM in heart
and led the people astray into a money making business and a religion that says , YA dont have to believe in JESUS to be saved
JUST Like the doing RIGHT NOW . I tell us WOE be unto many on that Day . Let us preach and teach and speak
the true gospel . Not the we are one all inclusive social gospel . I truly shudder for those who do such a thing .
Let us cling to Christ and learn HIM well . learning all biblical doctrine . And testing all who do speak , or would lead
or anyone . Learn those bibles well , ensure we are following JESUS and not some other jesus of mens invention which feeds the lusts of the flesh .
Cause the latter jesus , that one dont exist , well it does but it aint jesus , its the dark one . Who desires and desired to be as GOD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to perhaps be a little provocative here, but maybe this kind of thing is the very best thing that could happen to the church.
Remember history. Jerusalem was surrounded by Roman armies. The armies withdrew for a short period and the Christians I'm Jerusalem saw this as a fulfillment of Jesus warning to escape which they did. The Christians I'm Jerusalem went to Antioch, Perea, and numerous other cities and Nations round about Palestine. The gospel went with them.
Remember Babel. God doesn't want us shut up in our little ivory towers doing religion. We should be on the streets. The gospel needs to be outside the buildings, not shut up inside. As @Triumph1300 and his friends are doing... Going out in the streets and offering assistance to the homeless and the poor. Sometimes it takes events like this to teach us what is truly important.
Only be let us also be on guard . For there is a new gospel in town today . It says feed the poor do good unto them , BUT DONT PROLESYTIZE
and that all religions serve the same GOD . talk about a serious delusion . CAUSE only those IN CHRIST serve the ONE TRUE GOD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Only be let us also be on guard . For there is a new gospel in town today . It says feed the poor do good unto them , BUT DONT PROLESYTIZE
and that all religions serve the same GOD . talk about a serious delusion . CAUSE only those IN CHRIST serve the ONE TRUE GOD .
Our work is to introduce people to Jesus. Once that is done, they are in His care. He is well able to look after His own. Never mind what the Pope says... Do what God says.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Put God first. I found last Saturday's rally in Brantford to be most inspiring. Hoping to make it to Simcoe this weekend. Pray, pray, pray!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The whole point is that the rules are not consistent.
There are different rules for different institutions and different businesses.
It's ok to run around with 200 people in Costco stores and Walmarts, and touch the merchandise.
It's not ok to sit in church, 5 feet apart.
I don't know how Costco runs it's business... as I have never been to one... Here where I live... the aisles are blocked off unless it's food, pharmacy, diapers etc. and I have often had to wait in a line in the hallway to get into the grocery store as they only allow 50 people in at a time.
Masks must be worn... and they even have arrows down the aisles to avoid people walking passed.

Church gatherings are LARGE.... they include singing... and much mingling... The way the law states church must now operate wouldn't really be church anyways... if the guidelines were truly followed.

As for those who have come within these threads and shouted for months that covid is a hoax... I have to laugh at the arrogance of it all... Who are you that I or anyone SHOULD listen and take heed to your words??? These forums are filled to the brim with all kinds of theories and beliefs... I do not allow myself to be taught by others unless they show themselves to be worthy of trust.

It is my opinion that far too many people think WAY too well of themselves...

Sorry @Triumph1300 ... I should NEVER have come into this thread.

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's your response? Allow booze?
Better would be to open the Churches as not to add to stress!
You think stress can be solved by alcohol. Wow!
Really??? you gathered all that about me by simply stating the Government chose to allow liquor stores to remain open as a mercy for those suffering with addictions... Cutting off supply during a pandemic would cause WAY more problems. This was NOT my call or decision... SO... don't throw it on me.

Again... the issue is the large crowds....but as usual... people like to get off track and flip the tables.

I am not the government... I did not make the rules... but I do follow them..

I have no problem with people's opinions... I have a problem when they THROW their opinions on ALL CHRISTIANS SHOULD and MUST.

This is the time to get out of the world... and press in deeper and closer to Christ... it is NOT time to be fighting... it is time to be repenting and retreating... and allowing God to lead... Those who are shouting to fight are not being led by the spirit... they are being distracted by the flesh.

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Put God first. I found last Saturday's rally in Brantford to be most inspiring. Hoping to make it to Simcoe this weekend. Pray, pray, pray!
I had to look up this rally of which you speak... Sadly... YES... the protesters are beginning to get loud.
To each their own I guess.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @CadyandZoe

That pastor was not suffering for Christ: and he can stand on a street corner and preach the gospel, or in a local park; he does not need to enter a building in order to do so. This is a ridiculous analogy.

It is time to behave like mature adults, and consider those at risk within our communities.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
You really believe that the Covid 19 hoax is real?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know you did not direct this question to me ... however... people seem to only be vocalizing two sides in these discussions..
A. Covid is real
B. Covid is a hoax

There is also a side C.... those who although are unsure of WHAT covid actually is... they do not care... and are unwilling to participate in the noises of the world. It doesn't matter what covid is and is not... in my mind and heart... I feel it is TIME to get extremely CLOSE to CHRIST... it is time to get right with Christ... and step away and out of the world....the time to FIGHT is long gone... things are changing and are going to continue to change... protesting is not going to make one ounce of difference at this point and time. Covid is a distraction.

Last edited:
Reactions: CadyandZoe

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I had to look up this rally of which you speak... Sadly... YES... the protesters are beginning to get loud.
To each their own I guess.
Jesus, freedom, and justice were the main topics. :)
As I am on a medical pension, I spend most of my days getting close to Christ, Father, Holy Spirit.
I wear a mask while in public, when necessary, so I don't upset others.
I will protest within the laws, except when I believe they contravene God's laws.
If and when we are brutally ruled over by an authoritarian government, I will, "build a house, plant a garden, get married, have children, pray for the prosperity of my town so that I may prosper," distilled from Jeremiah 29, while under Babylonian rule.
We have very little time left to be able to protest, which is exactly why they are doing all they can to convince us that resistance is futile.
I am not conspiracy theorizing, I am using God-given discernment. Shalom

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Truman the Levite Thank you for this response... I sent you a private message asking you basically what you have just answered here.
If you have not yet read it and responded... there is now no need as you answered my questions... Peace be with you!

Reactions: Truman

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @CadyandZoe

That pastor was not suffering for Christ: and he can stand on a street corner and preach the gospel, or in a local park; he does not need to enter a building in order to do so. This is a ridiculous analogy.

It is time to behave like mature adults, and consider those at risk within our communities.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Charity, I very much appreciate and look forward to your posts so please understand that my intent is to speak to you with much love and respect.
I have no reason to believe that this pastor is doing anything other than acting like a mature adult. He appears convinced, as many of are also, that there is no actual health crisis, the hoax being another system of control. Why is the government taking these measures, i.e. masks and lockdowns? The actual goal is to prevent or highly restrict communication between human beings. The world system intends to implement draconian restrictions on human activity and the world system fears opposition to such measures from the public.

One can't simply make a law limiting the size of any assembly of people to four or five, which would make it difficult for people to organize a resistance movement against them. However, if there were a "pandemic" one could make a quarantine order that achieved the same result and the public, out of fear, would comply.

Why attack churches? AntiChrist? Not necessarily, but I don't doubt that the hatred of Christians has something to do with it. Historically though, churches were the place where local people assembled to discuss actions to be taken in light of the actions taken by tyrannical governments. This was certainly the case prior to the American Revolution.

Notice that the Pastor was arrested for "lockdown violations", which limited his assembly to 15% of capacity. So we see that the building itself was not the issue. It wasn't that the building itself was unsafe. A true and actual quarantine would limit the assembly to zero, not to allow 15% of people to enter. By limiting the assembly to 15%, the enforcement arm of the government feels justified in saying things like this. "[T]he RCMP's objective is not to interrupt church services, prohibit services, nor deny peoples' right to practice their religion—merely to ensure that public health restrictions are adhered to while doing so."

One wonders what would happen if the building were on fire. Would the man from the RCMP allow 15% of the people to remain inside the building? The answer is as obvious as the fire itself. An actual health and safety emergency allows no one to enter.

Wonder why they call it a "lockdown" rather than a quarantine? According to one definition, a "Quarantine aims to separate and restrict the movement of people who have been exposed to a contagious disease to watch and see if they become sick." In order to quarantine a church, the government would need to prove that members of the church were exposed to a contagious disease, keep the entire church locked in the building and watch them for a couple of weeks. But the lockdown rules are not intended to control the spread of a disease. The lockdown rules are intended to control the spread of contagious ideas.

The actual purpose of the lockdown is to restrict large gatherings of people, not for health reasons, but to restrict human interaction, prohibiting people from talking to each other. The mask does nothing more than muzzle those who wish to speak and make it difficult to use non-verbal cues to communicate. Limiting bars, restaurants, sporting events and church attendance to 15% is not about protecting the public from a disease. It's to keep the public from finding out that they have the actual power -- in numbers -- if they could only figure that out. They want you divided; united you can't be defeated.

The point of the matter, dear sister, is this. The Pastor of Gracelife Church has decided that the lockdown is doing more harm than good to his congregation. He has decided that there is no actual physical threat, but that a lockdown is both psychologically and spiritually harmful and a form of torture. A mature adult pastor, who loved his flock, would do everything to keep them from suffering in this way.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you did not direct this question to me ... however... people seem to only be vocalizing two sides in these discussions..
A. Covid is real
B. Covid is a hoax

There is also a side C.... those who although are unsure of WHAT covid actually is... they do not care... and are unwilling to participate in the noises of the world. It doesn't matter what covid is and is not... in my mind and heart... I feel it is TIME to get extremely CLOSE to CHRIST... it is time to get right with Christ... and step away and out of the world....the time to FIGHT is long gone... things are changing and are going to continue to change... protesting is not going to make one ounce of difference at this point and time. Covid is a distraction.
I love the way you think Addy. And what you say resonates with Paul's exhortation to the Thessalonian church. 1 Thessalonians 5

Covid can be a distraction, but it can also be an opportunity for people such as yourself, to help us stay focused on what is really important. Thank you.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I love the way you think Addy. And what you say resonates with Paul's exhortation to the Thessalonian church. 1 Thessalonians 5
HA!!! I will take your words and hold them near to my heart.... I think you might be the first and only person to tell me that you like how I think... LOL

I have never enjoyed this life very much and so covid has only served to awaken me to the absolute NEED to stay hidden and close to the heart of Christ... My mind does not think like most ( as you have noticed )... all I know is that the world is changing QUICKLY... and these last months... my spirit has been drawn to simply being and staying in the Presence of the Lord.

I am lucky because I do not have to work... and I have not lost revenue from a business... I also have NO debt to ANYONE... therefore this leaves me free to truly prioritize where I spend my time and energy.

When covid hit... my soul woke up from a long coma so to speak and for lack of a better word... I began to feel such GRATITUDE for all the blessings that have been bestowed upon me... I also began to experience a JOY like I have never felt.... and so for me... staying in this meadow beside my Precious Shepherd is where I want and need to be.

Thank you for this beautiful encouragement... I am so used to hearing that I am wrong... and mis-informed.... and it was also you who pointed out on another thread that waiting on the Lord is also an option for Christians. Bless you.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @CadyandZoe,

To say that covid19 is merely a hoax, is to fly in the face of all the evidence we have to the contrary. The death figures alone testify to the formidable virus that this is. Every effort therefore is being taken to counteract it, and to eradicate it, this requires the cooperation of everyone, if it is to be successfully overcome, and lives saved.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Charity, I very much appreciate and look forward to your posts so please understand that my intent is to speak to you with much love and respect.
I have no reason to believe that this pastor is doing anything other than acting like a mature adult. He appears convinced, as many of are also, that there is no actual health crisis, the hoax being another system of control. Why is the government taking these measures, i.e. masks and lockdowns? The actual goal is to prevent or highly restrict communication between human beings. The world system intends to implement draconian restrictions on human activity and the world system fears opposition to such measures from the public.

One can't simply make a law limiting the size of any assembly of people to four or five, which would make it difficult for people to organize a resistance movement against them. However, if there were a "pandemic" one could make a quarantine order that achieved the same result and the public, out of fear, would comply.

Why attack churches? AntiChrist? Not necessarily, but I don't doubt that the hatred of Christians has something to do with it. Historically though, churches were the place where local people assembled to discuss actions to be taken in light of the actions taken by tyrannical governments. This was certainly the case prior to the American Revolution.

Notice that the Pastor was arrested for "lockdown violations", which limited his assembly to 15% of capacity. So we see that the building itself was not the issue. It wasn't that the building itself was unsafe. A true and actual quarantine would limit the assembly to zero, not to allow 15% of people to enter. By limiting the assembly to 15%, the enforcement arm of the government feels justified in saying things like this. "[T]he RCMP's objective is not to interrupt church services, prohibit services, nor deny peoples' right to practice their religion—merely to ensure that public health restrictions are adhered to while doing so."

One wonders what would happen if the building were on fire. Would the man from the RCMP allow 15% of the people to remain inside the building? The answer is as obvious as the fire itself. An actual health and safety emergency allows no one to enter.

Wonder why they call it a "lockdown" rather than a quarantine? According to one definition, a "Quarantine aims to separate and restrict the movement of people who have been exposed to a contagious disease to watch and see if they become sick." In order to quarantine a church, the government would need to prove that members of the church were exposed to a contagious disease, keep the entire church locked in the building and watch them for a couple of weeks. But the lockdown rules are not intended to control the spread of a disease. The lockdown rules are intended to control the spread of contagious ideas.

The actual purpose of the lockdown is to restrict large gatherings of people, not for health reasons, but to restrict human interaction, prohibiting people from talking to each other. The mask does nothing more than muzzle those who wish to speak and make it difficult to use non-verbal cues to communicate. Limiting bars, restaurants, sporting events and church attendance to 15% is not about protecting the public from a disease. It's to keep the public from finding out that they have the actual power -- in numbers -- if they could only figure that out. They want you divided; united you can't be defeated.

The point of the matter, dear sister, is this. The Pastor of Gracelife Church has decided that the lockdown is doing more harm than good to his congregation. He has decided that there is no actual physical threat, but that a lockdown is both psychologically and spiritually harmful and a form of torture. A mature adult pastor, who loved his flock, would do everything to keep them from suffering in this way.
Hello @CadyandZoe,

Thank you for your gracious response, and for supplying me with the background and motivation behind the case in question. My last response to you, reply#98, gives the reason why I cannot sympathise with that motivation or the action taken.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: CadyandZoe