Government built fence around church in Canada

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As for those who have come within these threads and shouted for months that covid is a hoax... I have to laugh at the arrogance of it all... Who are you that I or anyone SHOULD listen and take heed to your words??? These forums are filled to the brim with all kinds of theories and beliefs... I do not allow myself to be taught by others unless they show themselves to be worthy of trust.

I never said Covid is a hoax.
I was pointing out the inconsistent rules applied by the government.

(I don't believe the death figures.
Many people died because of the flu in the past.
Don't hear about THAT anymore.

Lots of conflicting reports.

It comes to the point that watching the news is useless.
Today all is blamed on Covid.)

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @CadyandZoe,

Thank you for your gracious response, and for supplying me with the background and motivation behind the case in question. My last response to you, reply#98, gives the reason why I cannot sympathise with that motivation or the action taken.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
I understand. My condolences regarding Prince Philip.

Reactions: Rita and charity

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
During his time, the two were the same.
Indeed. In Israel. But Israel was under the occupation of a foreign power, Rome, which was as far from theocracy as could be, considering the gods they served were false idols, although the principle was similar.
"Render to Caesar that which is his, and to God, that which is His"
"Gentiles exercise authority over others, this you shall not do".

It is true however that when discussing how far the state has authority, in cases such as public health we come into very murky territory. I don't know much about Canada politics, or the US for that matter, (I'm a Kiwi living in Australia) but I do know that SCOTUS has ruled in favor of accommodating personal freedom in religious issues of late over a strict interpretation of the establishment clause, which I perceive as a crumbling of the wall of separation of church and state. I fear that continued crumbling will result in a false version of theocracy that would spell doom to religious liberty. But that's whole different conversation. Or is it?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is a mess! God is going to clean it up!

Revelation 13:7 (NKJV)

7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Liquor stores were allowed to remain open as a MERCY.... and so as NOT to add to the stress of things. Whether that was wise or not is up for opinion.
Where was the 'mercy' in forbidding funerals? Where was the 'mercy' in forbidding loved ones and close relatives visiting rights to the dying in hospital? Where was the 'mercy' in closing other businesses and sending peoples' only livelihood into oblivion?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The authorities guard the vulnerable by whatever means are deemed necessary to preserve life, and defeat this disease which is taking the lives of so many.
That is doubtful.
A building has been closed, so what! It is only a building. Our fellowship is with the Father and with the Son, by the Spirit, and with each other as opportunity affords.
True. One is hard-pressed to assertively claim this as a religious liberty issue. Regardless of how doubtful all the stats and motives are for the current mandates. No-one has been banned from worship...when the government sends their agents into your homes and arrests you when you say grace before dinner, or when you decide to stay home instead of going to work on Sunday, or even when you decide to go to work instead of resting on Sunday, then you will have something to complain about.

Reactions: charity

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where was the 'mercy' in forbidding funerals? Where was the 'mercy' in forbidding loved ones and close relatives visiting rights to the dying in hospital? Where was the 'mercy' in closing other businesses and sending peoples' only livelihood into oblivion?
These are valid questions to which I have no answer... as I am NOT the government. I was simply explaining the methodology behind the decision to keep liquor stores open.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In six hours I'm leaving to go to an anti-lockdown "rally." It feels good to be doing something, as opposed to nothing, about our situation.
The pastor of the fenced-in church is James Coates. My last name is Coates...I hope they don't fence me in! :D

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In six hours I'm leaving to go to an anti-lockdown "rally." It feels good to be doing something, as opposed to nothing, about our situation.
The pastor of the fenced-in church is James Coates. My last name is Coates...I hope they don't fence me in! :D
The libertarian is on a mission... LOL

Reactions: Truman

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just saying.... We are allowed in Churches again in Australia.......

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No-one has been banned from worship...
Do you realize how nonsensical this sounds? By restricting church meetings to a mere fraction of what they should be is in fact a BAN on worship for those who were excluded. So you would rather wait until the government is in total control like Communist China before you wake up and say "Oh my! our constitutional right to worship freely is gone!"

What people should understand is that the restrictions are (1) irrational, (2) non-scientific, (3) coercive, and (4) tyrannical. And because the media hate the truth, they have banned the recent conference of DeSantis in Florida with actual medical professionals who said that masks, distancing, and lockdowns were TOTALLY USELESS. They totally rejected the bogus narrative of the manipulators. The media are the enemy of the people, working daily for China and the government tyrants to rob you of your freedoms.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We just started a province wide lockdown here for a month... Stay at home order...
I just changed my avatar...sorry if I confused you. We talked once yesterday, I'm from Brantford, Ontario. We are going to Simcoe later today...time to get the Truman show on the road! Lol
The Lord gave me a song a few days ago...hope you like it.
Justice For All

Justice for all, both big and small,
Short and for tall, for rich and for poor.
We won't go away until we've had our say,
It's the price that we pay for what we stand for.

Freedom to speak what's on our minds,
And to express what's in our hearts.
To honour each other in all that we do,
Justice for me, and justice for you. - Truman Coates

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you realize how nonsensical this sounds? By restricting church meetings to a mere fraction of what they should be is in fact a BAN on worship for those who were excluded. So you would rather wait until the government is in total control like Communist China before you wake up and say "Oh my! our constitutional right to worship freely is gone!"

What people should understand is that the restrictions are (1) irrational, (2) non-scientific, (3) coercive, and (4) tyrannical. And because the media hate the truth, they have banned the recent conference of DeSantis in Florida with actual medical professionals who said that masks, distancing, and lockdowns were TOTALLY USELESS. They totally rejected the bogus narrative of the manipulators. The media are the enemy of the people, working daily for China and the government tyrants to rob you of your freedoms.

NO ONE can take away our right to Worship... You are so earthly minded. Many Christians will sadly be unprepared for what is coming.

Reactions: amadeus and Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

And how do the restrictions effect your ability to worship God? You still can do so in your own home.

I say many are acting like it's the Great Tribulation too early, yes the tribulation is coming, but it's not yet time, yes worser persecutions are coming worldwide, but it's not yet time... Yes the Beast will surface, but it's not yet time....

Many of the major events of the book of Revelation are still to come, but we cannot pretend that Revelations 13 has already happened, when it hasn't happened yet.... That day is coming, but it's not yet time...

Too many are calling it too early, which is leading to a variety of predictions of the date the Second Coming, some are even convinced we are already experiencing the seals in the book of Revelation, but some are in for a shock, Covid-19 is nothing compared to what is to come, and yes even the extreme left wings that many fear or extreme right wings are nothing compared to what is to come.

Those that lived through the violent days of the Roman Empire, the Medieval Dark Ages, Bubonic Plague, Spanish flu, World War I, World War II, had it worst than us today.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are so earthly minded.
You have no business telling me or anyone that I am earthly minded (just because you cannot comprehend truth). That is an ad hominem attack for which I should report you, and the next time you comment on my posts I will be reporting you for how you have been attacking my posts.

Ask the persecuted Christians in China whether no one take away their right to worship.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have no business telling me or anyone that I am earthly minded (just because you cannot comprehend truth). That is an ad hominem attack for which I should report you, and the next time you comment on my posts I will be reporting you for how you have been attacking my posts.

Ask the persecuted Christians in China whether no one take away their right to worship.

As you once stated to me... this is a public forum. I perceive your constant warnings about covid to be reflective of someone who is earthly minded. NO ONE can remove our right to Worship...

Reactions: amadeus and Truman