Grace is NOT unmerited favor!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What definition of grace to you live by?

• Unmerited favor that covers up sin so God can't see it.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • The power of God to partake of the divine nature?

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Other

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes we are under grace. But if you believe grace is abject lawlessness, you would be gravely mistaken to twist the definition of the grace of the New Covenant.
You are the one that is saying that no one else but you leagilist do, always making things worse than they are. If His grace is not good enough for you that is somethig you will have to deal with.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Things can be no worse for anyone than it is for those who deny Jesus is God, Savior, Messiah, Healer.

All those who deny Jesus, what does Jesus say about that ? - He denies them before the Father (thus they are not saved nor rescued from their sin and righteous judgment in their destruction in the lake of fire) .

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one that is saying that no one else but you leagilist do, always making things worse than they are. If His grace is not good enough for you that is somethig you will have to deal with.

What laws did Jesus make that the Ten commandments nor other laws of Moses include?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What laws did Jesus make that the Ten commandments nor other laws of Moses include?
Jesus said /says / clearly that the Torah (Words, Instructions, commandments of Yahweh) will never change, even unto the ends of the earth.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said /says / clearly that the Torah (Words, Instructions, commandments of Yahweh) will never change, even unto the ends of the earth.
If that's true, then Hebrews 7:12 ought not to be included in holy scripture.

What Jesus actually said is that one jot or tittle will by no means pass from the law until heaven and earth pass away.

So the change in law has no subtractions.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus never made any laws, God did. And those He gave to Israel. Are you an SDA you preaching there religion.
Jesus is God.

You now make it clear to us that you yourself don't believe in the Deity of Christ; and you are the one who has been judging me as not coming to the Lord because I search the scriptures and you judge me as being unwilling to come to Him.

When I have come to Him and also have a relationship with Him.

And because I have a relationship with Him, I know Him as the God who created me.

If you do not know Him as the God who created you, I would venture to say that you do not know Him at all.

The scripture also declares that because you deny the doctrine of the Deity of Christ, you will die in your sins, except ye repent of your unbelief.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus never made any laws, God did. And those He gave to Israel. Are you an SDA you preaching there religion.

No, but I grew up SDA. Left when I was 23.

Was the command to believe in Jesus and have the faith of Christ in the Ten Commandments? No. But it is a law of the New Covenant; otherwise, you are lost. Obeying Jesus is also obeying His command to love on another, and to be perfect as His Father in heaven is perfect.

You cannot be perfect if you are hating and rebelling against God by fulfilling the lust of the flesh.

Galatians 5:19-21 shows that those who are evil will not inherit the Kingdom of God. If you love Jesus He said, "you will keep My commandments." And here you say you are ignorant of them.

Hmmmm....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Galatians 6:13, even those who are stickers for the law are not able to keep it.

If you are going to enter in through law-keeping/through abstaining from sinning, then you must indeed be perfect from conception into eternity; you must obey all the law perfectly from conception into eternity (Galatians 3:10, James 2:10, Matthew 5:48).

If you can't do that, then you are condemned according to scripture.

But if you will but place your trust in what Jesus did for you on the Cross; and will rest in that: then, Jesus' perfect life will be applied to your account through the appropriation of His shed blood.

Then, there is no need to live a perfect life in order to gain acceptance before God and in order to go to heaven.

Because, your sins are forgiven.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is God.

You now make it clear to us that you yourself don't believe in the Deity of Christ; and you are the one who has been judging me as not coming to the Lord because I search the scriptures and you judge me as being unwilling to come to Him.

When I have come to Him and also have a relationship with Him.

And because I have a relationship with Him, I know Him as the God who created me.

If you do not know Him as the God who created you, I would venture to say that you do not know Him at all.

The scripture also declares that because you deny the doctrine of the Deity of Christ, you will die in your sins, except ye repent of your unbelief.
No He is not,

Heb 5:4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.
Heb 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

You know what the bible says,

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. - See dont beleieve so you stick to the bible,
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

and because men will put the bible first before God and Christ they will never know God, see if you knew Christ as you claim you would never put the bible first before your husband. That brings Him no honor.

Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, but I grew up SDA. Left when I was 23.

Was the command to believe in Jesus and have the faith of Christ in the Ten Commandments? No. But it is a law of the New Covenant; otherwise, you are lost. Obeying Jesus is also obeying His command to love on another, and to be perfect as His Father in heaven is perfect.

You cannot be perfect if you are hating and rebelling against God by fulfilling the lust of the flesh.

Galatians 5:19-21 shows that those who are evil will not inherit the Kingdom of God. If you love Jesus He said, "you will keep My commandments." And here you say you are ignorant of them.

Hmmmm....
Love is not the law, Love is what God and Christ are.

If you knew Christ you would think better of Him.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@mjrhealth

'Looking for that blessed hope,
and the glorious appearing
of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Who gave Himself for us,
that He might redeem us from all iniquity,
and purify unto Himself a peculiar people,
zealous of good works.'

(Titus 2:13-14)

'Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:
old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ,
and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
To wit, that God was in Christ,

reconciling the world unto Himself,
not imputing their trespasses unto them;
and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.'

(2 Corinthians 5:17)

"'If ye had known Me,
.. ye should have known My Father also:
.... and from henceforth ye know Him,
...... and have seen Him."
Philip saith unto Him,
"Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us."
Jesus saith unto him, "Have I been so long time with you,
.. and yet hast Thou not known me, Philip?
.... He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father;
...... and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?
.. the words that I speak unto you I speak not of Myself:
.... but the Father that dwelleth in Me, He doeth the works ... ... .'

(John 14:7-10)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@mjrhealth

o
.... but the Father that dwelleth in Me, He doeth the works ... ... .'

(John 14:7-10)

And that was all about what????? Christians want God to die, so that God could raise up God from the dead, so that God could elevate Himself above Himself, and so that He could give Himself everything He already had.

Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mat_11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Seems God even kept things from Himself...

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And that was all about what?????
Christians want God to die, so that God could raise up God from the dead, so that God could elevate Himself above Himself, and so that He could give Himself everything He already had.

Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mat_11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Seems God even kept things from Himself...
Who gave Himself for us,
zealous of good works.'

Hello @mjrhealth,

I have no wish to argue with you. Sarcasm is not conducive to reasonable discussion. However, it is obvious that Titus, at least, believed that the Lord Jesus Christ, was God made manifest in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16 ).

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who gave Himself for us,
zealous of good works.'

Hello @mjrhealth,

I have no wish to argue with you. Sarcasm is not conducive to reasonable discussion. However, it is obvious that Titus, at least, believed that the Lord Jesus Christ, was God made manifest in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16 ).

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
It is not me you are having issues with, it is the truth, Jesus was , is the Word of God come in the flesh, you know this bit

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
1Jn 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
1Jn 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
1Jn 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
1Jn 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

If you dont believe God, what do you have left.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is not me you are having issues with, it is the truth, Jesus was , is the Word of God come in the flesh, you know this bit

1John 5:7 -12

If you dont believe God, what do you have left.
Hello @mjrhealth,

You are correct, my friend, I have no issue with you personally. I also have no issue with the Scriptures that you have quoted from 1 John 1:5-12:-.

'This is He that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ;
.. not by water only,
.... but by water and blood.
And it is the Spirit that beareth witness,
.. because the Spirit is truth.
For there are three that bear record in heaven,
.. the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost:

.... AND THESE THREE ARE ONE.
And there are three that bear witness in earth,
.. the Spirit, and the water, and the blood:
.... and these three agree in one.
If we receive the witness of men,
.. the witness of God is greater:
for this is the witness of God which He hath testified of His Son.
.. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in Himself:
.... he that believeth not God hath made Him a liar;
...... because He believeth not the record that God gave of His Son.
And this is the record,
.. that God hath given to us eternal life,
.... and this life is in His Son.
...... He that hath the Son hath life;
........ and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.'

* Wonderful words of life.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello @mjrhealth,

You are correct, my friend, I have no issue with you personally. I also have no issue with the Scriptures that you have quoted from 1 John 1:5-12:-.

'This is He that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ;
.. not by water only,
.... but by water and blood.
And it is the Spirit that beareth witness,
.. because the Spirit is truth.
For there are three that bear record in heaven,
.. the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost:

.... AND THESE THREE ARE ONE.
And there are three that bear witness in earth,
.. the Spirit, and the water, and the blood:
.... and these three agree in one.
If we receive the witness of men,
.. the witness of God is greater:
for this is the witness of God which He hath testified of His Son.
.. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in Himself:
.... he that believeth not God hath made Him a liar;
...... because He believeth not the record that God gave of His Son.
And this is the record,
.. that God hath given to us eternal life,
.... and this life is in His Son.
...... He that hath the Son hath life;
........ and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.'

* Wonderful words of life.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
And you know why they are one, simple, because they are all in agreement, and when "christians" finally agree with God we will all be in one accord.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which god is someone speaking to in darkness, when Jesus is not their God ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and because men will put the bible first before God and Christ they will never know God, see if you knew Christ as you claim you would never put the bible first before your husband. That brings Him no honor.

God has magnified His word above His name (Psalms 138:2).

Status
Not open for further replies.