• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I'm not sure that being aggressively confident in one's own interpretations makes a person correct. I think it just makes them, well... aggressively confident.

And your innuendo that is not related to quotes, is supposed to prove you have a clue, or any understanding of the New Testament?

"Jude" ..
Every read this Epistle?
It says to "contend earnestly for the faith".

"the FAITH" = Justification by faith.
And if you are a Spirit filled Born again Believer, then the Holy Spirit in you will be offended when its assaulted by deception.
Try to understand that when you are dealing with heretics on a forum, you are dealing with Cross denying offensiveness that you are to "contend with'..
The word "contend" means to confront with FORCE, or as you feel me doing.

For example, when the Pharisees were insulting Jesus, who is the Spirit of God, He was offended by their words, and said to them..."you are of your FATHER the DEVIL, and his works you will do".
Paul says in Titus 3 that im to deal with a heretic 2-3 times in Church, and if they are still arguing against the truth, then i am to throw them out , and keep them out.
So,
that is how Jesus loved them, when they offended Him.
And when these same types offend God's Cross and God's Grace...... then there are rules.

Forums are uniquely wrong in this area, because a forum is designed to let heretics preach, and Mods are designed to make sure the spiritual clashing that is caused, is "moderated".
So, do you see the problem?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See what I mean now? Are you really on the same page as him and his ill-thought-out reasoning?

@Behold is actually right about the fact that sin is not imputed to us as believers (Romans 6:14, Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19, Romans 7:6; Romans 4:15, Romans 5:13, Romans 4:8).

However he is wrong to think that this means that we are without sin as believers; and he is also wrong to think that if we consistently behave according to the works of the flesh as believers, that we will still inherit the kingdom.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You teach that a Christian can now commit the acts of murder and adultery, and it not be imputed to them, because you stopped reading in the middle of the teaching. That's pure ignorance.
Amen, Sister. There is absolutely nothing in Romans 4:8 or its context that even implies eternal security.

Reactions: Candidus

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Amen, Sister. There is absolutely nothing in Romans 4:8 or its context that even implies eternal security.

When was "eternal security" being discussed on this Thread?
So, you might want to pay attention.

But, now that you brought it up....
The reason that God does not charge a born again Son of God with any "sin", is because Jesus has been judged for them all.
Also, Romans 4 states that we are given righteousness without doing any "works"..
You might consider that also.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @BarnyFife,

Eternal security is evident in John 5:24 (kjv), as well as 1 John 2:17 for those who abide according to 1 John 3:6.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No innuendos, just quotes.

You just spoke to "marks" about me, and didnt use a quote.
So, that's a lie, you just presented for all to read.
Did you want to "repent"? or deny?
In that case, you would have "2" to deal with...

This lie is like someone recently saying that i called them a "dog".
They just made this up.
They just lied because they had no answer, could not defend their theology, so, they just decided to lie.
You are no different.
As you just proved, again.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It really should be against the rules to accuse other people of lying on these boards.

It waxes ugly only after a short while.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've been saved a while.... so you say.
And you sin, still, so you have admitted.
Yet, you just posted that those who abide, don't do this, ......yet you do it.
You have some issues, and your verses expose them.
I consider that my salvation will be found according to what Paul said in 1 Timothy 4:16, so I am not worried.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It really should be against the rules to accuse other people of lying on these boards.

If they just lied.
Its acceptable.
Charismaticlady said she quote me, and in fact, she did not.
So, when you lie, and you abuse me with it, you get promoted here.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, have I admitted that I still sin?

I sinned recently, and confessed, and repented. So, that sin is under the blood. And as for present and future sins, I do not believe I am sinning currently....and time will tell as to whether I will sin in the future.

cont'd from post #256 (Grace vs Legalism).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they just lied.
Its acceptable.
Charismaticlady said she quote me, and in fact, she did not.
So, when you lie, and you abuse me with it, you get promoted here.
It is ugly and not what one would expect of real Christians. This is a Christian forum, but many do not behave with kindness and are not 'tenderhearted" as the Bible tells us to be.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I consider that my salvation will be found according to what Paul said in 1 Timothy 4:16, so I am not worried.

You'll notice that Paul's Gospel of the Grace of God, has nothing to do with his encouragement He is giving Timothy.
Paul understands that he is not saying that Timothy can save anyone.
You would think that he can, as you are trying to keep yourself saved.
You know, there is such a thing as "context".
Also, i posted a Thread about how to SEE Scriptures, that is not related to just reading them..
Maybe you should find that Thread of mine..
It could help you, is my hope.