• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is a person who has been cleansed of all unrighteousness, in thought and deed, a sinner, or a child of God. Will a liar go to heaven or be thrown in the lake of fire?
Lady. You are seriously confused about this whole matter, and no matter what is brought to your attention, you simply remain in the same frame of mind. Also when you use the term "Spirit-filled" it is naturally the Charismatic idea of Spirit-filled. You are confusing justification with sanctification with glorification over and over again.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lady. You are seriously confused about this whole matter, and no matter what is brought to your attention, you simply remain in the same frame of mind. Also when you use the term "Spirit-filled" it is naturally the Charismatic idea of Spirit-filled. You are confusing justification with sanctification with glorification over and over again.

Do you believe if a Christian commits murder it is no longer a sin because we are no longer under the law?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BarnyFife

CF.com doesn't want you to fight against false teachers, they want you to kiss their feet.
And embrace pluralism and ecumenism. "Let's be one under confusion." I've been told by a fellow who's studied their activity that they're entirely driven by attendance rates. And it shows.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many times do you have to be told that the sin nature has NOT been eradicated, hence all the exhortations to walk in the Spirit and mortify the "flesh"?

Give me a straight answer for the record, Enoch! If a Christian commits murder it is no longer a sin because we are no longer under the law?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gnosticism teaches that spirit is good and that matter is evil. And that therefore what we do in the flesh doesn't matter.

This is, in effect, what you appear to be teaching.
Gnosticism was the religion that God would never create evil matter, but a "little god" did. And now, those who have this "secret knowledge", understand that nothing having to do with the material universe means anything, because it's inherently evil, and we never meant to exist. Salvation is just transfering us out of evil matter into the spiritual. And whatever happened in the material universe just doesn't matter.

On the other hand . . . What I teach, and also @Behold (correct me if I'm mistaken here), is that God created a material universe intending it to be populated, but the people became renegade, and entered into a living death. Then God Himself took on a material body, and lived materially in that universe (something the Gnostic god would NEVER do), and gave a righteous death by which we could be reborn so that we are no longer dead in sin, but can become alive in Christ.

Being alive in Christ is a completely new life that transcends that material life, and gives us power to control that material life, because it DOES matter, and God will judge us for what we do in the body, whether good or bad. But what we do in the body, whether good or bad, is not the basis for us having life in Christ. It's because God gave us that life, because He wants us to be alive, and when we accept by faith the Good News, He grants us righteousness, and being righteous, He gives us life.

Just like Jesus rose from the dead, being righteous, death had no hold, now we are righteous in Him, and over us death has no hold. And after this life ends, we will have a physical, material resurrection, something the Gnostics would find completely evil.

This is not Gnosticism.

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you believe if a Christian commits murder it is no longer a sin because we are no longer under the law?
It is definitely a sin, even if no one today is under the Law of Moses. Murder (including abortion) is a heinous crime as well as a sin. However, one does not expect Christians to murder others. And self-defense would be justifiable homicide.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is definitely a sin, even if no one today is under the Law of Moses. Murder (including abortion) is a heinous crime as well as a sin. However, one does not expect Christians to murder others. And self-defense would be justifiable homicide.

Well, that is NOT what Behold believes. He says, no, it is not a sin. So WHO is seriously confused? If you believe I am, then so are you because we believe the same on this.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you believe that John is speaking of a Christian out of context, who has been cleansed OF ALL SIN (the next verse), then you haven't read much. Read 1 John 3 and then tell me if a child of God is a sinner.
I corrected my post.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is a person who has been cleansed of all unrighteousness, in thought and deed, a sinner, or a child of God. Do they walk in the light, or in the darkness?

Will a liar go to heaven or be thrown in the lake of fire? Revelation 21:8

It depends if he repents as Simon did in (Acts 8:13-24). (1Jn 1:9)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When was "eternal security" being discussed on this Thread?
So, you might want to pay attention.
Uh, well, nowhere except maybe in the OP that you wrote.
Colossians 2:13 ...Paul teaches you that ALL your sin is gone, forgiven, remitted, redeemed, by Christ on the Cross.
Roman 4:8 Paul then confirms that God does not ever again, hold you accountable for your sin, in eternity.
He can't, as all your sin, ALL OF IT, Paul just told you is taken care of by Jesus on the Cross as the Blood Atonement.
So, your sin is gone, and when you are confessing and repenting of what is not being charged to you, you are wasting your Christian Life.
God does not re-clean you, every time you mess up and tell Him you are sorry.

Reactions: Mr C

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is a person who has been cleansed of all unrighteousness, in thought and deed, a sinner, or a child of God. Do they walk in the light, or in the darkness?

Will a liar go to heaven or be thrown in the lake of fire? Revelation 21:8

"All unrighteousness" refers to past sins committed. (not future sins one may commit)

Else (Acts 8:22) and (1Jn 1:9) would be a lie.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It depends if he repents as Simon did in (Acts 8:13-24). (1Jn 1:9)
Hi @Mr C The true believer is repentant; a true believer is never lost; the eternal security of the believer is important in Romans 8.38-39. But those who profess faith but live and die in unbelief were never believers in the first place.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, if I therefore commit a sin, have I not ceased to abide in Christ?
Romans 7 . . . it is therefore no longer I that sin, but the sin that lives in me.

Should we continue to think of ourselves as the "old man" when God has rebirthed us a "new man"?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, the way to restore fellowship would be to present yourself to the light, would it not be?
What basis for fellowship with God can there be outside of the work of Jesus on the cross? Having trusted Him, having been reborn, do we then add our behavior?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Mr C The true believer is repentant; a true believer is never lost; the eternal security of the believer is important in Romans 8.38-39. But those who profess faith but live and die in unbelief were never believers in the first place.
There's absolutely no hope built in to this doctrine. Think about it. If you're a person who's prone to uncertainty about your resolve, unless the Holy Spirit does some kind of hocus-pocus on you, you live your entire Christian life counting on your sincerity. It isn't worth a hill of beans to me. If I can't look to God's grace and His promise to be the Author and Finisher of my faith, I have no hope.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus my relationship to the law has changed. Now I am not under the law (Romans 6:14), am dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19), and am delivered from the law (Romans 7:6). So the law no longer identifies me as a sinner; in that my sins are forgiven and no longer imputed to me. Which is not to say that if the law did apply, I can say that I have no sin. For we are also under the law to Christ (1 Corinthians 9:22).
If these things are true, then why does relationship with God need to be restored following sin?