• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mark,
I'm pretty sure CL was speaking of when she was a babe in Christ...on the milk, stumbling, learning, growing, maturing...
I could be wrong, but I don't think so... :p
Hi Nancy,

I was attempting to make a theological point was all.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold

Stop being so thick headed and become spiritually minded. God is not teaching you this in his Word. the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones,.

Noone can teach you.
You dont even read what im showing you.
You just listed the "ministry of Death", and you read that its DEATH, and you can't understand that God abolished this DEATH, through the Cross.
If i explain to you again 20 more times, WHY this "ministry of DEATH", had to be ABOLISHED< you'll write more about the law.
Its useless.
You dont hear, you dont care.
You have your commentaries and your closed mind.
You also know nothing about gnosis or gnosticism, and that is why you have no idea that to compare me to that junk.... shows your ignorance and your lack of understanding about that subject also.
You are just one more legalist on a forum, who talks about Grace in one sentence, then runs to keep the law in the next sentence.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Liar.

I'm done talking to you. What you teach is nothing new.

What i teach is new to you.
And if you have posted any Gnostic teaching, it was not on this forum.
The best you can do, is to say..."well, what you are teaching is close to it"..
Close to what?
You have no idea what Gnostics teach, until i was teaching that on this form also, so that the other members who are already aware of your fake theological baloney, could actually SEE for themselves what gnostics teach.
Both you and the other dishonest one , justbyfaith, kept saying i was teaching this junk, but you 2 deceivers never posted their JUNK so that the members here could evaluate if you were lying.
So i posted it.
Done.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It should be clear that we posted what the gnostic teaching was that @Behold's theology is so similar to. A simple review of all the posts will bear this out.

And also, when @Behold posted what he believes gnostic teaching is, we showed how his teaching is similar to it, even as concerning how he perceives gnostic teaching to be taught.

The argument that @Behold uses is ad hominem...he seeks to disparage the reputation of his opponents so that you will listen only to him. @Behold, good luck with that...for you will always have three fingers pointing back at you.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting!

As a Spirit filled believer, you "got away" with sin?

Not that I have any issue with you saying this, it just doesn't seems consistent with your soteriology.

Much love!

It does when you recall me saying KNOWN sin. I am talking about something I didn't know was sin, but that was because I had been convinced by a false teacher.

Recently, someone on the forum posted a scripture that I knew existed, but I couldn't remember where. Philippians 3:16. I profusely thanked that person, because all the pieces fell into place. I then understood why I could still hear God's voice during that time, plus see visions.

So, did I "get away" with sin? Yes, because it was not intentional, or known.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What i teach is new to you.
And if you have posted any Gnostic teaching, it was not on this forum.
The best you can do, is to say..."well, what you are teaching is close to it"..
Close to what?
You have no idea what Gnostics teach, until i was teaching that on this form also, so that the other members who are already aware of your fake theological baloney, could actually SEE for themselves what gnostics teach.
Both you and the other dishonest one , justbyfaith, kept saying i was teaching this junk, but you 2 deceivers never posted their JUNK so that the members here could evaluate if you were lying.
So i posted it.
Done.

You are funny. You think nobody knows anything until you teach it. You think too highly of yourself. Especially since most of what you teach was taught 500 years ago, and was wrong then. And only those who know the scriptures can see the truth.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Gnostic teaching.....
Christianity
primarily deals with the importance of belief in God, Jesus, Salvation.... The common ground they share is that they both stress the importance of ethics. And that's where it ends.

They differ in how they view the attainment of salvation.
That should raise a big fat red flag.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am talking about something I didn't know was sin, but that was because I had been convinced by a false teacher.
Can there maybe be something now we don't realize is sin?

This is my point. We can be certain of our own sinlessness as we are about both the accuracy of our definition of sin, and our confidence in our self awareness.

So then having seen in the past where we don't realize something to be sin, though we were Christians at the time, doesn't that tell us that there could be something now?

Who is it that is lowly and contrite of heart, who trembles at God's Word?

Personally, I think humility is the result of self-awareness.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can there maybe be something now we don't realize is sin?

This is my point. We can be certain of our own sinlessness as we are about both the accuracy of our definition of sin, and our confidence in our self awareness.

So then having seen in the past where we don't realize something to be sin, though we were Christians at the time, doesn't that tell us that there could be something now?

Who is it that is lowly and contrite of heart, who trembles at God's Word?

Personally, I think humility is the result of self-awareness.

Much love!

1 Thes. 5:23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

There is another scripture that shows that the Spirit will bring to completion that what He started. I can't find it right now. But I know I am mature in the Lord. If there was something I was doing that I shouldn't be, He certainly would have told me by now, this close to death.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask your good buddy, Behold. He knows everything. Besides, you won't believe me.
I didn't think so.

:(

Gnosticism describes . . . God didn't create matter, since matter is evil. A renegade "demi-urge", little god, created matter, and all that goes with it. Now we are awaiting our return to the good spiritual, out of the evil material.

Sound familiar? Like what some of us our teaching?

I didn't think so.

But there it is.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is "gnostic teaching"? Can you sum it up in a few sentences?

I just did in four lines:

Gnostic teaching.....
Christianity
primarily deals with the importance of belief in God, Jesus, Salvation.... The common ground they share is that they both stress the importance of ethics. And that's where it ends.

They differ in how they view the attainment of salvation.
That should raise a big fat red flag.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is another scripture that shows that the Spirit will bring to completion that what He started
Of course He will. This is what I've been saying all along. There are many passages that teach God will santify us over the course of our lives.

We are sanctified in the spirit at rebirth. We are sanctified during our lives as our behavior and thought grow to more closely match our new spirit. We will be sanctified in the resurrection when we receive our incorruptible bodies.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is "gnostic teaching"? Can you sum it up in a few sentences?

@CharismaticLady

Much love!

It teaches, among other things, that what we do in the flesh doesn't matter (pardon my pun), because matter is evil and only what is spirit is good. And therefore what we do in the flesh is inconsequential.

This is what @Behold teaches to a certain extent; for he teaches that "the works of the flesh" are not sin; and therefore if we commit them, it is inconsequential.

He may not have the root of the problem in believing that matter is evil and only spirit is good; but somewhere along the line he picked up a doctrine that is the same as the end result of what gnosticism teaches.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It teaches, among other things, that what we do in the flesh doesn't matter (pardon my pun), because matter is evil and only what is spirit is good. And therefore what we do in the flesh is inconsequential.

This is what @Behold teaches to a certain extent; for he teaches that "the works of the flesh" are not sin; and therefore if we commit them, it is inconsequential.

He may not have the root of the problem in believing that matter is evil and only spirit is good; but somewhere along the line he picked up a doctrine that is the same as the end result of what gnosticism teaches.
Sounds to me that one teaching reminds you of another, even though they are not the same, but the one is easier to impugne. Just call it gnosticism, after all, everyone knows that's bad. But it's not the same thing.

OK, Over and out.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are funny. You think nobody knows anything until you teach it.

I never think that other believers are in the dark till i bring them the Light.
But people like you, after you are exposed as the person who is asking me if i "fornicate", and you are a woman?...is that right?
So, you started our online conversation here, with that approach, which proved to me that you have some missing links in your understanding regarding how to behave on a Forum.

Next, you came shoveling the "gnostic" dung in my direction, never quoting a gnostic verse, or a gnostic.
You just implied it all, as charismatic devils love to hit and run by innuendo.

And all this time, at the same time, im working, im writing Threads, im teaching, and you are on them all, trying to prove you have sin, i have sin, we all have sin.
So, really?
You are the problem, who needs to be resolved.
Thats a fact.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't think so.

:(

Gnosticism describes . . . God didn't create matter, since matter is evil. A renegade "demi-urge", little god, created matter, and all that goes with it. Now we are awaiting our return to the good spiritual, out of the evil material.

Sound familiar? Like what some of us our teaching?

I didn't think so.

But there it is.

This is why I'm not answering your questions, even though I do know the answer. It is because your contempt for me is evident.

The Nicolaitans were Gnostic, but not your definition.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course He will. This is what I've been saying all along. There are many passages that teach God will santify us over the course of our lives.

We are sanctified in the spirit at rebirth. We are sanctified during our lives as our behavior and thought grow to more closely match our new spirit. We will be sanctified in the resurrection when we receive our incorruptible bodies.

Much love!

So what is the scripture text? That's what I wanted.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never think that other believers are in the dark till i bring them the Light.
But people like you, after you are exposed as the person who is asking me if i "fornicate", and you are a woman?...is that right?
So, you started our online conversation here, with that approach, which proved to me that you have some missing links in your understanding regarding how to behave on a Forum.

Next, you came shoveling the "gnostic" dung in my direction, never quoting a gnostic verse, or a gnostic.
You just implied it all, as charismatic devils love to hit and run by innuendo.

And all this time, at the same time, im working, im writing Threads, im teaching, and you are on them all, trying to prove you have sin, i have sin, we all have sin.
So, really?
You are the problem, who needs to be resolved.
Thats a fact.

You may be writing a lot of posts, but as a false teacher for itching ears.

Reactions: Enoch111