• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 16:16 disagrees with your opinion.

Believe + Baptism = Saved (Mark 16:16)

Notice what signs will follow them that truly believe. Mark 16:16-18

Many do not know who they are in Christ, and what authorities they possess.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rest of the story does not change verse 31. Water baptism “followed“ believing in the Lord Jesus Christ unto salvation, just as it did in (Acts 10:43-47; 11:17,18). They believed before, during and after being water baptized and water baptism was not the origin of their belief.
Well, a simple reading of Mark 16:16 and Acts 16:30-34 disagrees with your opinion.

A sure sign someone is teaching error is what they teach does not harmonize with other scriptures. (Ps 119:160)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
belief is a work (Jn 6:28,29)
Quite the opposite according to this passage.
Then said they unto Him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom he hath sent.

1. The Jews asked the wrong question. Can any man do "the works of God"? And the answer is "No". God works miracles, and it was the miraculous feeding of the five thousand that led to this question. Prior to that it was the miracles of Christ that drew these crowds to Him. So either this was an idle question or an ignorant question.

The work of God which Christ was speaking about was this: Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true Bread from Heaven. (v 32). It is God the Father who planned the work of sending His Son into this world to die for our sins. And it is Christ who finished the work of redemption.

3. So what Christ said in effect was
"You cannot do any work of God. However you can believe on the true Bread from Heaven, and receive Him by faith".

Furthermore, faith cannot be a work for the simple reason that it is simply believing and trusting God and Christ. And Christ used the example and type of the Brazen Serpent to show that simply looking on the Crucified One and believing that He could heal sin sickness was sufficient. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16:31).

Reactions: mailmandan

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, a simple reading of Mark 16:16 and Acts 16:30-34 disagrees with your opinion.

A sure sign someone is teaching error is what they teach does not harmonize with other scriptures. (Ps 119:160)

Don't forget to write out Acts of the Apostles.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice what signs will follow them that truly believe. Mark 16:16-18

Many do not know who they are in Christ, and what authorities they possess.

(Acts 6:6 ; 8:18,19) teaches only the APOSTLES HANDS could pass the gifts on to others.

What happens when the first century Apostles died? (Zech 13:1-3) (1Cor.13:8-10) (Eph.4:11-15)

Miracles ceased.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and that is the REAL issue, for the Legalist - Heretic.
Everyone is a Legalist-Heretic EXCEPT *Behold*. So what *Behold* is telling other Christians is "Behold me -- Behold the Man -- Ecce Homo".

However, you talk too much, and most of it is theological nonsense. You do not even understand what you are talking about, so why don't you give it a rest, and start some serious learning (as a novice). It would take up reams of cyber space to address each and every one of your remarks, so I won't even start.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would think that if you were a teacher, like i am, you would be on your own 40 or 50 Threads teaching, as i do. I notice you can't.
It is not because I can't, but because I am not an idiot. 40-50 threads of rubbish does not help anyone but displays your own ignorance about Gospel truth and Bible truth.

Reactions: Mr C

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite the opposite according to this passage.
Then said they unto Him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom he hath sent.

1. The Jews asked the wrong question. Can any man do "the works of God"? And the answer is "No". God works miracles, and it was the miraculous feeding of the five thousand that led to this question. Prior to that it was the miracles of Christ that drew these crowds to Him. So either this was an idle question or an ignorant question.

The work of God which Christ was speaking about was this: Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true Bread from Heaven. (v 32). It is God the Father who planned the work of sending His Son into this world to die for our sins. And it is Christ who finished the work of redemption.

3. So what Christ said in effect was
"You cannot do any work of God. However you can believe on the true Bread from Heaven, and receive Him by faith".

Furthermore, faith cannot be a work for the simple reason that it is simply believing and trusting God and Christ. And Christ used the example and type of the Brazen Serpent to show that simply looking on the Crucified One and believing that He could heal sin sickness was sufficient. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16:31).

That is your opinion that they asked the wrong question.

Joh 6:26 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. 27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. 28 ¶ Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is not an opinion but a fact. No mere mortal can do the supernatural works of God. Even the signs, wonders, and miracles given to the apostles and their companions were for establishing the authenticity and divine origin of the Gospel. And once they passed on, those miracles ceased.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Acts 6:6 ; 8:18,19) teaches only the APOSTLES HANDS could pass the gifts on to others.

What happens when the first century Apostles died? (Zech 13:1-3) (1Cor.13:8-10) (Eph.4:11-15)

Miracles ceased.

That isn't true. Cornelius received without hands.

I live with miracles all the time. So I guess if you don't believe, you won't receive. As for 1 Corinthians 13:8-10 read to the end of the chapter like I did, and maybe a light bulb will brighten your own understanding as it did mine. Nothing will cease until we see God face to face.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 16:16 disagrees with your opinion.

Believe + Baptism = Saved (Mark 16:16)
John 3:15,16,18; 5:24; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26; Acts 10:43-47; 11:17,18; 15:7-9; 16:31; 26:18 etc..) disagrees with your opinion and biased interpretation. This is what happens when you isolate one half of one verse, build doctrine on it, then ignore the rest (flawed hermeneutics) which is not properly harmonizing scripture with scripture.

Mark 16:16 - He who believes and is baptized will be saved (general cases without making a qualification for the unusual case of someone who believes but is not baptized) but he who does not believe will be condemned.

The omission of baptized with "does not believe" shows that Jesus does not make baptism absolutely necessary for salvation. Condemnation rests on unbelief, not on a lack of baptism. So salvation rests on belief. *NOWHERE does the Bible say "baptized or condemned."

*If water baptism is absolutely required for salvation, then why did Jesus not mention it in the following verses? (3:15,16,18; 5:24; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26). What is the one requirement that Jesus mentions 9 different times in each of these complete statements? *BELIEVES. *What happened to baptism? *Hermeneutics.

John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who (is not water baptized? - NO) does not believe is condemned already, because he has not (been water baptized? - NO) because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Joh 6:26 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. 27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. 28 ¶ Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Lol, they were only there for the food.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That isn't true. Cornelius received without hands.

I live with miracles all the time. So I guess if you don't believe, you won't receive. As for 1 Corinthians 13:8-10 read to the end of the chapter like I did, and maybe a light bulb will brighten your own understanding as it did mine. Nothing will cease until we see God face to face.

The only way INDIVIDUALS received the gifts was by the laying on of the apostles hands according to (Acts 6:6 ; 8:18).

In (Acts 2 /10) the Lord administered the baptism of the HS (groups of people) and that made up the ALL FLESH which (Joel 2:28) and (Acts 2:16,16) speak of.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually don't use that, so, you are wrong again.

I use Hebrews, Ephesians, Colossians, Titus and 1-2 Timothy.
You know, all that "Paul stuff" that you've never studied.

“ Paul Stuff”....... Lol.....I Loved it!

Upon reflection .....it really isn’t all that “ funny “, is it ? My God , what a splendid job Satan has done by muzzling the rich, vital teachings of “ God's Chosen Vessel”.....Sad......and damning.....
This Wonderful Age Of Grace That God has provided and is ABLE to provide only because of the Obscene Torture Of His Son.....rejected by the vast majority of the World and also rejected by supposed “ Christians”..... How it must break the heart of God to see His Miraculous Plan Of Saving Wretched Men and women turned into a big dud......99% Of the reason is because people are too lazy and unconcerned to read a Bible and just leave it all to Jack- Leg Preachers .....lay back, soak it in .....Trust the Guy ! He wears a robe or a funny collar and stands in a pulpit so he “ MUST” know what he is talking about! Right? The blind leading the blind..... “ Bah Gawd! “ I “ go by what JESUS says ! Who needs to listen to Paul! Such Sanctimonious Ignorance.....They Spew their ignorance of the Things Of God as if it were a Virtue......

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way INDIVIDUALS received the gifts was by the laying on of the apostles hands according to (Acts 6:6 ; 8:18).

In (Acts 2 /10) the Lord administered the baptism of the HS (groups of people) and that made up the ALL FLESH which (Joel 2:28) and (Acts 2:16,16) speak of.

You can live in unbelief if you like, but it is the Spirit that distributes the gifts, and also the baptism of the Spirit in the first place.

4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Last edited:
Reactions: mailmandan