• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can live in unbelief if you like, but it is the Spirit that distributes the gifts, and also the baptism of the Spirit in the first place.

4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works e]">[e]all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Care to go to a cemetery?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, the body of sin can be destroyed, that henceforth we might not serve sin (Romans 6:6, Colossians 2:11)...and the body of the sins of the flesh can be put off from me through a spiritual circumcision.
I see these happening in our rebirth.

Look at the context around this passage . . .

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. (Literally . . . justified away from sin)
8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i will join that then i will do what i want without doing the law because i am already save but there's no such thing as that
This is very true! What you describe here has nothing to do with salvation. Just the same, that doesn't mean that works either save us, or keep us saved.

Much love!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, a simple reading of Mark 16:16 and Acts 16:30-34 disagrees with your opinion.

A sure sign someone is teaching error is what they teach does not harmonize with other scriptures. (Ps 119:160)
There are a lot on here who quote scripture and are still wrong...

Reactions: mailmandan

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told the Sinful Woman Who knelt Before Him , wiping the tears she had shed upon His feet with her hair, “ Your FAITH has Saved you.... Go in peace”
No conditions whatsoever .....she simply believed that Jesus was who He claimed to be....it worked for her and it will work for you.....I hope that those New to the Faith will ignore the well -intentioned, But UnBiblical blather, spread by those who always feels compelled to complicate what God has made so simple...... “ Those That Believe In Me already HAVE Eternal Life and shall NEVER come under Condemnation..” That Sinful Woman Believed. She exited the house of the Pharisee a Saved Woman....case closed....

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe even the very faith you speak of is a product of the Spirit within, because aside from him I had no faith.
Yes! It is the fruit of the Spirit.
Gal. 5[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
[23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told the Sinful Woman Who knelt Before Him , wiping the tears she had shed upon His feet with her hair, “ Your FAITH has Saved you.... Go in peace”
No conditions whatsoever .....she simply believed that Jesus was who He claimed to be....it worked for her and it will work for you.....I hope that those New to the Faith will ignore the well -intentioned, But UnBiblical blather, spread by those who always feels compelled to complicate what God has made so simple...... “ Those That Believe In Me already HAVE Eternal Life and shall NEVER come under Condemnation..” That Sinful Woman Believed. She exited the house of the Pharisee a Saved Woman....case closed....

Saving Faith can be seen.

Mr 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did the text say she KNELT BEFORE HIM?

Did the text say she was wiping the tears she had shed upon His feet with her hair?

I wonder what all she went through to get to where Jesus was?

Sounds like action to me

See the things we can miss if we read to fast.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is not the quoting of scripture that is in error but the not being in harmony with other scriptures.

Harmony is the friend of truth.
Actually Jesus is,

I am the way the truth and the life, problem is no one wants to learn from Him, too proud to admit they know nothing, by the time they find out how wrong they are it will be too late.

The wisdom of man is foolishness to God, but every man is wise in his own eyes.

Reactions: mailmandan

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
belief is a work (Jn 6:28,29)

In John 6:28-29, Jesus is in effect saying, "So you want to insist that salvation is by works, do you? Well, I'm telling you that the only work that will save is simple faith in me. I will concede the point and then turn it around so that you realize that salvation is by grace through faith alone in me alone."

Mark 16:16 disagrees with your opinion.

Believe + Baptism = Saved (Mark 16:16)

As has already been said, it does not say that to be baptized not = condemnation.

I will say this, that if you believe and are baptized, it = absolute assurance that you shall be saved. Just like if you call upon the name of the Lord you shall be saved.

But if you have mere belief, you "should not perish"...iffy.

It behoves a man to go and get baptized...or, if he will not do that, to call upon the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for salvation (see Acts of the Apostles 4:10-12).

Hey, I haven't been asked out in decades. I can dream, can't I?

Opie's dad in the next sitcom might be a catch for you, indeed.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see these happening in our rebirth.

Look at the context around this passage . . .

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. (Literally . . . justified away from sin)
8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Much love!

Thing is, there are many believers who do not experience this practically. So, has it happened for them?

I think the teaching of Scripture is that this death has already happened, and if we believe that, we can walk in that truth.

Much love!

Has it happened for those believers who do not experience it practically?

If someone is still living a lifestyle of sin, are they dead to sin?