1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Grace vs Legalism

Discussion in 'Christian Theology Forum' started by Behold, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Behold

Behold Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Israel
    Its the self righteousness that blinds the mind in believers, which keeps them from trusting in Christ alone to get them to heaven.
    There are a few here who pretend to be teachers, (justbyfaith, charismaticlady) and 3-4others.... and if you pin them down, which i do a lot.... so that the sincere members can discern these pretenders, you find these actors start always clinging to their self righteous works to try to keep themselves saved.
    Typical of a fakir.

2. Waiting on him

Waiting on him Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    What amazes me is they can't see how self-centered it is, not Christ centered.

3. Waiting on him

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    One commands the very heavens be sealed up, so their hair doesn't get wet, another the demons flee at his name. I believe this is why I continue is awaiting the truth to be spoken within.

4. Earburner

Earburner Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Through faith in the sacrificial blood of Christ, WE ARE perfect before the Father at all times. "I will never leave you, nor forsake you". Through faith in Him we abide in Him, and He in us.
    Diligently study all of Romans 8.

Waiting on him likes this.
  5. Waiting on him

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I believe even the very faith you speak of is a product of the Spirit within, because aside from him I had no faith.

6. Behold

Behold Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Israel
    Does this sound like you?

"""We must in the fullest sense become “partakers of the divine nature” (2 Peter 1:4) so that our personal conduct reflects the character of God Himself. This impacts on the very purpose for our existence.""""

Its your own quote, yet, it came from the UCG web-site.

7. Waiting on him

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I can't help myself, I know the question is presented to CL, but maybe you should clarify first what the Devine nature looks like.

To prevent confusion?

Try to define it in one word?

8. RogerDC

RogerDC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Give up.

9. justbyfaith

justbyfaith Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Jesus will drink wine with us new in His Father's kingdom.

This indicates to me that at the very least, Jesus' spiritual body in heaven has a physical nature.

In the passage question, he was referring to the fruit of the vine, even the wine that He was drinking at the table, at the Last Supper.

10. justbyfaith

justbyfaith Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This is a lie from the pit of hell.

While I do teach what is written in 1 John 2:27-28, that the anointing will teach you to abide in Christ, I do not think that my works keep me saved. I am saved (and continue to be saved) by grace through faith; and that not of myself: it is God's gift to me: and not of works. I will not be boasting when I get to heaven of what I "did" to get there.

Now, it is sound teaching to understand that the blood of Jesus does not only justify (Romans 5:9); but it also sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29, 1 John 1:7). So I am saved and stay saved through the blood of Jesus; and this results in a walk that is holy.

I do not keep myself by living holy; but I live holy because the Lord is keeping me.

@Behold, you teach a salvation that is un-transformative in nature.

It is, basically, grace as a license for sin. No wonder you fight against that terminology in some of your posts.

I believe that the Bible teaches that your condemnation was marked out long ago.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  11. CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    What is a UCG web-site?

The quote is true, but what post did I say that?

12. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    So you don't use Romans 4 and 5, huh?

13. Mr C

Mr C Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    belief is a work (Jn 6:28,29)

14. Mr C

Mr C Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The jailer was not said to BELIEVE until he had been baptized in water (after midnight). (Acts 16:30-34)

15. mailmandan

mailmandan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Belief is not just another work in a series of works in a quest to receive salvation by works. John 6:29 is simply a play on words by Jesus when he said, "This is the work (singular) of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent," when He answered the Jews (who were taking a legalistic approach) when they asked, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works (plural) of God?" So Jesus was not saying that believing is just "another work," which would contradict Ephesians 2:8,9. *Note the "distinction" between faith "and" works - "saved through faith, not works."

16. mailmandan

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    In Acts 16:31, we read - "..Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household" ... and not believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and get baptized and you will be saved. Water baptism "followed" believing in the Lord Jesus Christ unto salvation, just as it did in (Acts 10:43-47; 11:17,18).

17. Mr C

Mr C Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Like Paul Harvey said , Let's hear the rest of the story.

How bout read (Acts 16:30-34)?

Ac 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
    31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
    32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
    33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
    34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

18. Mr C

Mr C Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Mark 16:16 disagrees with your opinion.

Believe + Baptism = Saved (Mark 16:16)

19. CharismaticLady

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Welcome to the forum.

Something you may not know about this site. If you write out the complete verse address like this:

John 6:28-29 and with no extra spaces, then those reading can just click on it, or just mouse on it, and the verse will pop up.

Let's see if commas work as well: John 6:28,29 or John 6:28, 29

Edit: No, only hyphens with no spaces except between John and 6.

On this site only the whole Acts of the Apostles works. You can't just put Acts.

20. mailmandan

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The rest of the story does not change verse 31. Water baptism “followed“ believing in the Lord Jesus Christ unto salvation, just as it did in (Acts 10:43-47; 11:17,18). They believed before, during and after being water baptized and water baptism was not the origin of their belief.

Candidus likes this.