Grief

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prairieflower

Mar 23, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My family has been gone For many years now and I’ve never dealt with the deaths. Sure I’ve cried here and there a little bit but I didn’t even really cry when they died. Lately this month has been really hard. Next week is a death date of one of my family members who was very close to me and I can’t seem to just get past that part. I feel extremely anxious. My stomach has been giving me problems for the past two weeks on and off and I’m just not mentally wanting to deal with anybody or anything. All I do is cry throughout on and off through the day. Especially in the early evening/later night. I have never properly grieved anybody or any situation in my life and believe me I’ve had some really tough and hard situation in my life but I’ve always bounced back. I am a survivor, not a victim.

Reactions: Wynona

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I tend to find with grief that it is best to go with the flow. There are no time frames to when and how things will hit. In those moments, be kind to yourself.I often find journalling helps, just a safe place to write your thoughts and feelings down. After my mum died I use to write to her, it was my way of staying connected I think because it all happened suddenly. So I would just have written conversations with her, over time that need subsided.
I also found that understanding the stages of grief helped me.
You can find these on line, and even though you don’t go through the stages in order, and
you can feel different stages at different times, it’s helpful to know that what you feel is quite normal.

Also understanding a bit about triggers helped me, knowing that something In the present can trigger emotional memories from the past. When this happens it can feel very overwhelming and often as not out of place with what the current situation. So understanding that you are upset over more than one event can help……..
I am so sorry that you have experienced much grief xxxxx