Guidence? What's Next?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HeartStrings

Mar 11, 2014
USA
I'm a new believer and my most recent teacher has backed out on me so I'm in need of some new teachers :) I began by reading Romans, then I moved on to John and James. My boyfriend was teaching me the basic foundation of Christianity, if that's the right words, so now I need suggestions on what to read next?

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
Welcome to the faith! It always does my heart good to hear! In my humble opinion, read all the gospels. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John (again). Go straight for finding out what Christ said himself. It is a great place to start. We all follow Him, so I encourage new believers to first study what He said personally while He was among us.

Hope it helps, just my opinion.

Again! Welcome!

SL :)

Reactions: HeartStrings

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would suggest working your way through the remainder of the gospels, followed by Corinthians and the other letters of the New Testament. On top of that, it wouldn't hurt to work through the Psalms and Proverbs. I'd wait before delving into much of the OT writings until you get a little bit more of a foundation. It can be easy to get caught up in the larger questions without framing them in the ultimate fulfillment in Jesus the Christ.

Reactions: HeartStrings